PDA

View Full Version : What do we need now?

Takatsufan
01-25-2005, 07:52 PM
What do we need for our team now?

zach074
01-25-2005, 07:53 PM
All we need now is the season to start.

DumpJerry
01-25-2005, 07:55 PM
All we need now is the season to start.
........and sold out games............and a healthy staff............and...........
Let's play ball!!!!!!!!!!!!:D: :D: :D:
Bring it on!:supernana:

NSSoxFan
01-25-2005, 07:58 PM
April 4th is tomorrow, right guys? Guys?

SOXintheBURGH
01-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Eh.. I wouldn't mind having one more addition in the pen.

SoxEd
01-25-2005, 08:01 PM
What do we need now?

IMO we need:

1) a season without injuries to key players;

2) Frank to come back early, healthy, and hungry;

3) Clubhouse Chemistry.

With all of the above in place, we will then need to paint the pole from which we fly the AL pennant. :D:

Whitesox029
01-25-2005, 08:05 PM
You can never have enough reliable relievers.

MarkZ35
01-25-2005, 08:13 PM
I don't think you can ever have enough good pitchers in the bullpen so my vote goes for a veteran reliever. But a pinch hitter with more experience then Willie Harris would also be helpful.

zach074
01-25-2005, 08:24 PM
April 4th is tomorrow, right guys? Guys?

If only humans could hibernate.:(:

chisoxmike
01-25-2005, 08:28 PM
There should've been a "other" choice.

The key to 2005: "A injury free season, and players that play to their talent level."

Takatsufan
01-25-2005, 08:34 PM
I would really feel a lot more comfortable with another infielder, preferably a shortstop, behind Uribe in case things go south; not to say that they will. Just a precaution.

Shingotime!!
01-25-2005, 08:46 PM
The only thing i would want now is a good lefty out of the pen (to replace cotts). seeing that there are none on the free agent market im happy with the team.

OEO Magglio
01-25-2005, 08:49 PM
The only thing i would want now is a good lefty out of the pen (to replace cotts). seeing that there are none on the free agent market im happy with the team.
We need a long reliever so Cotts fits that last spot perfectly, I wouldn't worry about getting lefties out, Vizcaino is nasty on left handers.

EDIT: To answer the question if the team needs anymore additions I think it needs to be a utility infielder, I actually don't mind Valdez and Ozuna fighting for that last roster spot but a veteran utility guy would be nice. After that like others have said stay injury free.

oeo
01-25-2005, 08:50 PM
It would be nice to have a utility guy, especially one who can backup Uribe at short. But...it's already been a FANTASTIC offseason, so I'm happy either way.

Can't wait until Spring Training starts! :D:

Daver
01-25-2005, 08:55 PM
A manager that knew how to use his bullpen would be nice.

jortafan
01-25-2005, 08:57 PM
What we need now more than anything else is the big bat of Frank Thomas.

If Frank can get himself back into playing shape and start hitting, the Sox will do fine. If Frank misses too much time, then the Sox suffer from the loss of home run power from Ordonez, Lee, and Valentin.

We need Big Frank. Here's hoping he gets well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OEO Magglio
01-25-2005, 09:02 PM

If Frank can get himself back into playing shape and start hitting, the Sox will do fine. If Frank misses too much time, then the Sox suffer from the loss of home run power from Ordonez, Lee, and Valentin.

Frank's power is the last thing that has me worried about the loss of the hurt. Frank or no Frank there is still enough pop in this lineup, however Frank's presence in the lineup is just huge, the guy is always on base and with his bat in the lineup it changes the whole dynamic of the offense, I think we'll be fine with Carl dh'ing until Frank comes back but Frank is a huge part ot this team.

lths06
01-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Robby Alomar

:ralomar: (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

"You know my # Kenny, number 5 on speed dial."

mcfish
01-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Other - Third Baseman. .239 is not going to cut it; I don't care how many home runs he hits.

Takatsufan
01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Hey, Robby Alomar might not be a bad idea for a utility infielder, just don't let him bat. Dear God, don't let him go up to the plate

A. Cavatica
01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
There are lots of things to worry about, but even I think the team's in pretty good shape.

Lefthanded power is the only need. Other than that, we just need the team to perform. I'm nervous about the health of Thomas, Everett, Dye, and Hernandez; the production we might get from Podsednik, Crede, Iguchi, Uribe, Contreras, Hermanson, Cotts, & Takatsu; and whether we'll see the expected improvement from Ozzie.

mcfish
01-25-2005, 09:32 PM
A manager that knew how to use his bullpen would be nice.What? You mean DON'T bring in Mike Jackson with the bases loaded again? But he's due!

bigfoot
01-25-2005, 09:37 PM
One of the "can't miss" rookie OFs to step up and make Dye's health concerns a mute point.

Takatsufan
01-25-2005, 09:38 PM
I think other teams this year are gonna get a wake up call when they face our bullpen in the season. I can't wait to see Vizcaino and Hermansen pitch. :bandance:

mcfish
01-25-2005, 09:40 PM
One of the "can't miss" rookie OFs to step up and make Dye's health concerns a mute point.Sorry to do this, I usually don't care about grammar, but it's moot, not mute. Production out of a rookie would be nice though.

nccwsfan
01-25-2005, 10:13 PM
A utility IF would be nice, but I'd rather have even more depth in the bullpen. Just in case...

Ol' No. 2
01-26-2005, 11:30 AM
All we need now is the season to start.Yeah. I'm down for this one. April 4 can't come soon enough.

Mickster
01-26-2005, 11:34 AM
The only thing we need this season is....

HEALTH!

Baby Fisk
01-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Hey, Robby Alomar might not be a bad idea for a utility infielder, just don't let him bat. Dear God, don't let him go up to the plate

No, Alomar is a lazy infielder too. He is done. Done! He will only continue to "play" baseball so long as there is a team stupid enough to pay him.

HomeFish
01-26-2005, 11:47 AM
a #1 starter
a dominant closer
an offensive third baseman

gosox41
01-26-2005, 11:52 AM
What do we need for our team now?

We need more people complaining that JR is cheap and stupid.

Bob

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-26-2005, 01:30 PM

I think Frank returning helps solidify the lineup, but not from an issue of power.

I saw an article on espn.com about a week ago rating players as "pure" hitters, and of course, they kissed Bonds' a%% like crazy. Frank is a true hitter, with a great eye for balls and strikes - there are not many like him. We need him back as a leader....IF nothing else.