PDA

View Full Version : Mark McLemore or Barry Larkin????

kruzer31
01-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Do we really need Willie Harris coming in late to pinch hit in the clutch? If we need a pinch runner why not go out and sign Mark McLemore. A proven veteran who can play OF, SS, 2b, or even 3B. I am sure he can be had for league minimum. With the team we have now I would even rather have Barry Larkin as a veteran presence on the club and as the back up SS then having Willie on the team. I would love to have both McLemore and Larkin on the team then have Willie and the HUGE BUST Borchard. Harris right now brings nothing to this team plus his attitude is terrible. At soxfest in the bar he was acting pretty imature at the big bar and seems to be more worried about the the little fame he has and the party scene. We need players who want a shot and who will give there all. Larkin or McLemore would be a much better upgrade on the bench then Harris. Can we trade Willie for Graff? I dont think that will happen, how about Willie Harris and Garland and a prospect for Javier Vazquez? I think cutting Harris loose and going after Larkin and McLemore our the sox best bets to solidify the bench.

Jeff

Dadawg_77
01-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Larkin is set to retire and take a front office job with the Reds.

Infallible
01-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Problem I see with it is the league minimum for veterans isn't the same as league minimum of what it should be......that said Mclemore or Larkin even though they're both better than Mays Hayes Harris, is too much cash for someone who may not play or see little time.

Banix12
01-25-2005, 04:50 PM
I thought Larkin was going to take a front office job with the Nationals and Jim Bowden.

As for Mark Mclemore, I thought he announced that he was going to retire last fall.

I doubt either guy would take a job to be the 25th man off the bench on the Sox anyway. Larkin wanted a starting job this offseason and couldn't get it and McLemore is done.

Let's see if Harris can learn a bit of Shortstop in Spring training to be a utility infielder. Given the currently available options it's worth a shot.

CHISOXFAN13
01-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Do we really need Willie Harris coming in late to pinch hit in the clutch? If we need a pinch runner why not go out and sign Mark McLemore. A proven veteran who can play OF, SS, 2b, or even 3B. I am sure he can be had for league minimum. With the team we have now I would even rather have Barry Larkin as a veteran presence on the club and as the back up SS then having Willie on the team. I would love to have both McLemore and Larkin on the team then have Willie and the HUGE BUST Borchard. Harris right now brings nothing to this team plus his attitude is terrible. At soxfest in the bar he was acting pretty imature at the big bar and seems to be more worried about the the little fame he has and the party scene. We need players who want a shot and who will give there all. Larkin or McLemore would be a much better upgrade on the bench then Harris. Can we trade Willie for Graff? I dont think that will happen, how about Willie Harris and Garland and a prospect for Javier Vazquez? I think cutting Harris loose and going after Larkin and McLemore our the sox best bets to solidify the bench.

Jeff

Outside of Interleague play, who are we going to be pinch hitting for anyway?

I think you are really searching here.

NonetheLoaiza
01-26-2005, 06:19 PM
It's just not necessary to sign either one of those. I am comfortable with what we have right now going into the season.

ChicagoHoosier
02-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Saw on the Tribune online today another suggestion about signing Barry Larkin for a year to either start or be backup at SS. I saw a few of your opinions, but what do you think of this idea? Do you agree that Uribe is ready for being our every day SS, or do you like the idea of Larkin starting there and Uribe being our utility guy to spell either Crede, Larkin, or Iguchi or being a decent PH bat later in the game?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/printedition/cs-0502050254feb05,1,134556.story?coll=cs-sports-print