PDA

View Full Version : Just checking in...

OKCSoxFan
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Been a long time since I posted, but I've been keeping an eye on things from time to time. Those with a really good memory may remember that I was Garland's roommate in college at Oklahoma State. I'm very excited about Josh Fields, another ex-Cowboy, coming up through the system and hope things turn out well. I knowt the last 3rd baseman ex-Cowboy we had (Robin Ventura) worked out pretty well.

Now, if we can just get the former Sooner pitcher off the squad, I'd be happy!

Anyway, hoping to join you guys more this year...looks like Kenny is earning his paycheck this offseason (again). His credibility has gone way up in my book the past two years.

nebraskasox
01-25-2005, 12:42 PM
Who is the former Sooner pitcher?

OKCSoxFan
01-25-2005, 01:12 PM
He's a middle reliever (starter at OU) and I think he was called up late last year. From what I remember, he didn't do very well, but he's young.

kittle42
01-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Those with a really good memory may remember that I was Garland's roommate in college at Oklahoma State.

Do you mean Adkins?

dickallen15
01-25-2005, 02:42 PM
[QUOTE=OKCSoxFan]Been a long time since I posted, but I've been keeping an eye on things from time to time. Those with a really good memory may remember that I was Garland's roommate in college at Oklahoma State.

You probably need your memory checked. I think your roommate lied to you.

OKCSoxFan
01-25-2005, 07:06 PM
that's what I get for trying to think two thoughts at once. :?:

SOXintheBURGH
01-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Nebraska Sox fans? Oklahoma Sox fans? Since when did the Big 12 become South Side territory?! :wink:

gosox41
01-26-2005, 08:21 AM
Been a long time since I posted, but I've been keeping an eye on things from time to time. Those with a really good memory may remember that I was Garland's roommate in college at Oklahoma State. I'm very excited about Josh Fields, another ex-Cowboy, coming up through the system and hope things turn out well. I knowt the last 3rd baseman ex-Cowboy we had (Robin Ventura) worked out pretty well.

Now, if we can just get the former Sooner pitcher off the squad, I'd be happy!

Anyway, hoping to join you guys more this year...looks like Kenny is earning his paycheck this offseason (again). His credibility has gone way up in my book the past two years.

Garland went to college? I thought he was a first round pick right out of HS.

Bob

TheBull19
01-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey, did you guys know I was Frank Thomas' roommate at Georgia Tech, er, I mean Auburn?