PDA

View Full Version : I assume we know who CUBS, COL, SD, and LA are

Viva Medias B's
01-25-2005, 10:12 AM
I saw an ad for the Cubs in its newspaper's sports section yesterday, and the ad included the schedule. Next to the schedule, it has this:

2005 American Leauge opponent key: BOS=Boston Red Sox, CWS=Chicago White Sox, NYY=New York Yankees, TOR=Toronto Blue Jays

Now does the Cubs marketing department think their fans are so dumb that they need a key explaining who American League teams are?

Palehose13
01-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I saw an ad for the Cubs in its newspaper's sports section yesterday, and the ad included the schedule. Next to the schedule, it has this:

Now does the Cubs marketing department think their fans are so dumb that they need a key explaining who American League teams are?

After I saw the nameplates informt of their two star ptichers at the convention, I'd be willing to be tthat they do need the help.

Uncle_Patrick
01-25-2005, 10:19 AM

I think we all already know the answer to that question.

Risk
01-25-2005, 10:21 AM
I think we all already know the answer to that question.

Yeah, asking if Cub fans are dumb is similar to asking if the Pope is Catholic.

Risk

Ol' No. 2
01-25-2005, 10:22 AM

Now does the Cubs marketing department think their fans are so dumb that they need a key explaining who American League teams are?They know their fans better than anybody.

DumpJerry
01-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Baseball fans know who the teams are. Cub fans don't.

Whitesox029
01-26-2005, 03:32 PM
Yes.

On a side note, why are the Cubs only playing three AL East teams? Or did you leave one off? Each team should have 6 interleague series. The Sox have 2 with the Cubs, 1 each with LA, SD, Col, and AZ. We don't play only one NL West team. This year it's SF, in 2003 it was Colorado.

Tekijawa
01-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Yes.

On a side note, why are the Cubs only playing three AL East teams? Or did you leave one off? Each team should have 6 interleague series. The Sox have 2 with the Cubs, 1 each with LA, SD, Col, and AZ. We don't play only one NL West team. This year it's SF, in 2003 it was Colorado.

they're in a 6 team division?

santo=dorf
01-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes.

During one of the interleague series, two of the NL Central teams (I'm pretty sure it's always two NL Central teams) have to play each other.

NonetheLoaiza
01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
not always two central teams, just two NL teams...

C-Dawg
01-27-2005, 05:42 AM

They probably ought to post a list for the NL teams too; I bet there's plenty of Cub fans who don't know who they are either.

rmusacch
01-27-2005, 10:17 AM
Yes.

Why are the Sox playing the NL West again this year? Shouldn't it be back to the NL Central or are they trying to make up for all those years when we only played the central?

Whitesox029
01-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Why are the Sox playing the NL West again this year? Shouldn't it be back to the NL Central or are they trying to make up for all those years when we only played the central?
If it was up to me, we would play the Central. I'd like to keep that Milwaukee rivalry going a little bit aside from exhibitions.

HoustonAstros967
01-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Every team on that list could kill the Cubs. They should be worried about teams they can actually compete with. They are gonna have no offense to back up their consistant pitchers and they are gonna end up 3rd in the NLC.

Kogs35
01-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Every team on that list could kill the Cubs. They should be worried about teams they can actually compete with. They are gonna have no offense to back up their consistant pitchers and they are gonna end up 3rd in the NLC.
this is teal
:tealpolice: