View Full Version : Iguchi says SOX Fans reason hes here

Hangar18
01-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Very nice to see that SOX fans are one of the reasons Tadahito Iguchi
decided to come here. Shingo has done a great job telling everyone
about us .........

DaveIsHere
01-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Where did you here that Hanagr? No one wants to play on the South Side, they may get shot or beat up on the field!!!!!!!! Ligue is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palehose13
01-25-2005, 11:03 AM
about us .........

Henry...got a source?

Baby Fisk
01-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Hangar did he call you up and chat or what? Link, man link!

DaveIsHere
01-25-2005, 11:10 AM
:rolling::roflmao:

Tekijawa
01-25-2005, 11:11 AM

Hangar speaks Moth-Man too... where are you guys taking these classes?

mweflen
01-25-2005, 11:34 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox25.html

The notion that Sox fans are the reason Gucci chose to come here was advanced by Doug Padilla and KW to some extent. There is no quote attributed to Gucci.

Still a nice thought.

Hangar18
01-25-2005, 11:46 AM

Here you go. Per Doug Padilla story ......

Palehose13
01-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks guys. I can always use an assist. :smile:

nebraskasox
01-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Nice to see Sox fans get some credit instead of being maligned for the misguided actions of a few. I don't have much to compare to, but it seems that Sox fans are loyal and appreciate good baseball, even from the opposing team. (Cubs may be an exception due to the emotional intensity. They would be hard to applaud.)

TommyJohn
01-25-2005, 02:25 PM
about us .........

I wonder what Harry Teinodork will say about that. He's the one who shared a
Ligue joke with Scott P., if you recall.

bennyw41
01-25-2005, 02:33 PM
Here you go. Per Doug Padilla story ......

WAIT WAIT WAIT.....Hangar, you're letting the MEDIA tell you what to think?

Unles he says he is hear, why don't we wait to give kudos.

tacosalbarojas
01-25-2005, 03:21 PM

The notion that Sox fans are the reason Gucci chose to come here was advanced by Doug Padilla and KW to some extent. There is no quote attributed to Gucci.

Still a nice thought. If that's true, Sox marketing should get an assist for the whole gong show theme that went on whenever Shingo came in. We jumped all over that, and played a role in how we embraced the frisbee man in my opinion. Anyone here know the genesis of the Shingo entrance show?

Infallible
01-25-2005, 04:35 PM
You're right Iguchi is coming here because he misses Shingo, not because of the fans whom we all know are a bunch of unforgiving loud mouth drunken louts.....oh wait thats the north side.......

zach074
01-25-2005, 04:39 PM
Now we just need a cool introduction for him and everything will be set.:D:

pudge
01-25-2005, 04:39 PM
It's the PR Spin Machine at work. I'm guessing the W.Sox were the only team that seriously pursued him.

Whitesox029
01-25-2005, 04:40 PM
I wonder what Harry Teinodork will say about that. He's the one who shared a
Ligue joke with Scott P., if you recall.
That's an interesting name for Teinowitz. He is a joke, thus I would prefer Teinojoke, since "witz" is actually the German word for "joke."

Hangar18
01-25-2005, 04:43 PM
WAIT WAIT WAIT.....Hangar, you're letting the MEDIA tell you what to think?

"Perhaps White Sox fans deserve More than an assist when it comes
to the teams latest acquisition"

" ............ the way they (Sox Fans) embraced reliever Shingo Takatsu
last season was a big topic among Japanese players"

"And because of the way the fans (sox fans) treated Takatsu, the SOX
also might have received a discount on Iguchi"

mweflen
01-25-2005, 04:53 PM
"Perhaps White Sox fans deserve More than an assist when it comes
to the teams latest acquisition"

" ............ the way they (Sox Fans) embraced reliever Shingo Takatsu
last season was a big topic among Japanese players"

"And because of the way the fans (sox fans) treated Takatsu, the SOX
also might have received a discount on Iguchi"

Hangar, all that stuff comes from other sources, not from Gucci himself.

I'm not saying it isn't true that Sox fans and the warm reception Shingo got played a part. I'm just saying that Iguchi has not said as much, nor have his agents. We have a grand total of zero from them in terms of quotes - I believe the story says "they could not be reached for comment."

Hangar18
01-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Hangar, all that stuff comes from other sources, not from Gucci himself.

I'm not saying it isn't true that Sox fans and the warm reception Shingo got played a part. I'm just saying that Iguchi has not said as much, nor have his agents. We have a grand total of zero from them in terms of quotes - I believe the story says "they could not be reached for comment."

Good Point Mwflen, the more I read the story, the more there is a KILEY-ESQUE feel to the overall piece, though I dont think Padilla oversold the story. Good point to note though ....I would like to hear what his
translator has to say heh heh

HebrewHammer
01-25-2005, 05:14 PM
I just hope they realize that Shingo was embraced by the fans because he was able to perform at a high level and not because we're all just nuts for Japanese ballplayers. If The Gooch struggles, I doubt he'll find our demeanor as pleasant as Shingo found it.

mweflen
01-25-2005, 05:54 PM
I just hope they realize that Shingo was embraced by the fans because he was able to perform at a high level and not because we're all just nuts for Japanese ballplayers. If The Gooch struggles, I doubt he'll find our demeanor as pleasant as Shingo found it.

Quite true. You don't see many Hideki Irabu or So Taguchi fans. And no one would have cared about Hank Greenberg just because he was Jewish. I assume that's what your screen name references? :smile:

Takatsufan
01-25-2005, 06:29 PM
We have to make sure that this season we give him a warm welcome. Think about it. It's like that movie "Pay It Forward" or whatever. Two Japanese players tell their former teamates how nice evryone has been here in Chicago. Then the Japanese players will all want to be coming here to cross into the majors.

What about "Thunderstruck" or "Welcome to the Jungle" for Iguchi's entrance? That would get the crowd pumped.

cburns
01-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Iguchi hasn't done anything for us yet to deserve special treatment like his own entrance song or whatever.

DumpJerry
01-25-2005, 08:01 PM
Now we just need a cool introduction for him and everything will be set.:D:
Samurai?

HebrewHammer
01-25-2005, 11:25 PM
I assume that's what your screen name references? :smile:

Actually this is where I got it from:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317640/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj 0wfHE9aGVicmV3aGFtbWVyfGh0bWw9MXxubT1vbg__;fc=7;ft =8;fm=1

But, Hank Greenberg works too, so does Shawn Green.

HebrewHammer
01-25-2005, 11:26 PM
We have to make sure that this season we give him a warm welcome. Think about it. It's like that movie "Pay It Forward" or whatever. Two Japanese players tell their former teamates how nice evryone has been here in Chicago. Then the Japanese players will all want to be coming here to cross into the majors.

I'll cheer until he sucks.