PDA

View Full Version : Advance Sales Up?

jabrch
01-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Do the Sox discuss/publish advance sales numbers anywhere? I doubt it.

I (unscientifically) just looked at a sample of games from the season. Mostly games I am going to as part of my 13 game package - so mostly good games. And good seats seem to be limited. For example, 154 row 30 is best left for the Saturday Dodger game. For the Friday Boston game, it is 109 row 28 (far RF corner). For the Saturday As game, 110/14 (also in the RF corner). For the Saturday Yankees game there are no lower deck seats left - 528/14 is best available. 107/25, back of the RF bleachers for the Friday Yanks game...

My point... Anyone know how many advance tickets have been sold compared to previous years? Maybe that's why JR let KW spend a few extra bucks to get Iguchi?

JKryl
01-25-2005, 08:49 AM
It's been my experience that asking for the best seat won't necessarily get you the best seat. For example, the Sox probably have a block of the best seats available for future whole season ticket purchasers. These seats are blocked out, and probably won't be opened until just before the season starts. That's one reason you can purchase the seats as a "walk up" later in the year.

ewokpelts
01-25-2005, 08:53 AM
It's been my experience that asking for the best seat won't necessarily get you the best seat. For example, the Sox probably have a block of the best seats available for future whole season ticket purchasers. These seats are blocked out, and probably won't be opened until just before the season starts. That's one reason you can purchase the seats as a "walk up" later in the year.
Plus, Best avaialble is the computer's assumption that you want to be the next best seat. I almost never buy tickets blindly through best avaialble(for my 9 and 13 game plans i was kinda stuck doing so...)when i go to the ticket guy i tell him i want CLOSEST to the field, not best available...make him go through section by section for the closest seats....i've gotten rows aa-cc through this...also depends on teh number of tickets you're buying....if you get 8, it might be smater to break them up in blocs of 4....
Gene

jabrch
01-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Plus, Best avaialble is the computer's assumption that you want to be the next best seat. I almost never buy tickets blindly through best avaialble(for my 9 and 13 game plans i was kinda stuck doing so...)when i go to the ticket guy i tell him i want CLOSEST to the field, not best available...make him go through section by section for the closest seats....i've gotten rows aa-cc through this
Gene

That's SOOOOO true Gene. Best available is usually closest to home plate. I'd rather be a few sections further down, but in the first few rows. (I asked for that when I bought my 13 game package - but they couldn't accomodate me...)

Palehose13
01-25-2005, 09:00 AM
Plus, Best avaialble is the computer's assumption that you want to be the next best seat. I almost never buy tickets blindly through best avaialble(for my 9 and 13 game plans i was kinda stuck doing so...)when i go to the ticket guy i tell him i want CLOSEST to the field, not best available...make him go through section by section for the closest seats....i've gotten rows aa-cc through this...also depends on teh number of tickets you're buying....if you get 8, it might be smater to break them up in blocs of 4....
Gene

I'm the same way and am kinda bummed cause all my seats for my 13 game plan are in row 20-31 (I think ONE game is row 16). I was told at SoxFest that the ticket rep was gonna call me the next day and I had hoped it was about seats. I never got a call. The tickets just came in the mail.

I'm gonna go with the 27 game plan next year. Hopefully I will have more choice about my seats.

To answer the original question, how about a poll to see who has bought ticket packages this year thatdidn't last year? I'm one. I bought 2 seats, lower box 13-game plan.

ewokpelts
01-25-2005, 09:04 AM
I'm the same way and am kinda bummed cause all my seats for my 13 game plan are in row 20-31 (I think ONE game is row 16). I was told at SoxFest that the ticket rep was gonna call me the next day and I had hoped it was about seats. I never got a call. The tickets just came in the mail.

I'm gonna go with the 27 game plan next year. Hopefully I will have more choice about my seats.

To answer the original question, how about a poll to see who has bought ticket packages this year that didn't last year? I'm one. I bought 2 seats, lower box 13-game plan.

I figured how I screwed up. I didnt specifically request my 9 and 13 game tix in my beloved section 164. So I got a bunch of 161's, and a couple of 163's. Since 164 is furthest away from best available, you can get good seats. That's how I got my Season Seats, Row 4 Seats 1-4(now chopped to seats 1-2).

Gene