PDA

View Full Version : 2005 attendance

comiskey2000
01-25-2005, 12:21 AM
am i the only one that thinks that the team will easily get to 2 million this year. it seems like people are really getting excited and buying up lots of seats. With the new players and the cell's renovations...i dont see how the attendance doesnt soar.

NSSoxFan
01-25-2005, 12:29 AM
am i the only one that thinks that the team will easily get to 2 million this year. it seems like people are really getting excited and buying up lots of seats. With the new players and the cell's renovations...i dont see how the attendance doesnt soar.

Oh, it's a sure thing!

TommyJohn
01-25-2005, 12:41 AM
Oh, it's a sure thing!

Sure, why not? After all, they're getting green seats this year!

34 Inch Stick
01-25-2005, 07:39 AM
We have seen this scenario played out several years in a row. A lot of April-mid May attendance has to do with the weather. After mid May there is a bump from kids getting out of school. From about mid June on the attendance only seems to jump if the team is playing well.

DaveIsHere
01-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I would think that maybe with the Tickets going on sale early this year and all these different packagges available that maybe this is what allowed us to spend a little more aas they are able to get a feel through these presales....just a thought

Iron Dragon
02-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Is it true that some seats are blocked off from single-game sales for season ticket sales? If so, when will they become available?

Jeff

chisox2005
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM
I hope they get 2 million but I doubt it. With the pricing varying by who they play, I think that will hurt a little. The Tuesday deal being upper-deck only will probably bring a few less out, but if the Sox are in first or close to it they will draw well in the late months and probably pull it off.

ewokpelts
02-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Is it true that some seats are blocked off from single-game sales for season ticket sales? If so, when will they become available?

Jeff
as a new month begins, those seats are released to group and individual ticket sales....so yankmees tix held for st sales wont be released until the end of july...
Gene

Clembasbal
02-02-2005, 07:08 AM
as ane wmonth begins, those seats are released to group and individual ticket sales....so yankmees tix held for st sales wont be released until the end of july...
Gene

To complain a little about that, you know what sucks? I have been with a group to Elvis Night since it started, 50 people strong last year. Most of the people are professionals and make the game either at the start of the game or 20 minutes beforehand.

Anyway, the new Sox policy is that if you have a group of 20 people in the outfield for that night then you have to buy the pre-game patio party for an extra $38. I love the patio parties, but it would be a waste if nobody can make it. We can get out of the patio party by not buying in the outfield, but then the box seats for a premium game are $51 or something, so it comes to the same price.

This is upsetting, why do we have to have a patio party, we just want to enjoy Elvis Night!

nccwsfan
02-02-2005, 09:36 AM

All depends on how the team is doing come June/July- if this team's seriously competing for the AL Central flag they have a shot. They haven't done it since 93', so we'll see....

Ol' No. 2
02-02-2005, 09:51 AM
am i the only one that thinks that the team will easily get to 2 million this year. it seems like people are really getting excited and buying up lots of seats. With the new players and the cell's renovations...i dont see how the attendance doesnt soar.They just missed 2M last year and were on pace to go a lot higher until the Sox (and attendance) tanked after the Twins series in July. IIRC they were running more than 15% over 2003, which would have put them around 2.3M if they had maintained it to the end.

mweflen
02-02-2005, 11:34 AM
It's all about the record. Weather and price are secondary (but still real) concerns. Sox fans show when their team is in contention. Case in point: 2000. Also good cases in point, the 2003 surge/collapse, the 2004 surge/collapse. As ON2 mentioned, the dropoff after tanking in the standings is precipitous.

ewokpelts
02-02-2005, 11:43 AM
To complain a little about that, you know what sucks? I have been with a group to Elvis Night since it started, 50 people strong last year. Most of the people are professionals and make the game either at the start of the game or 20 minutes beforehand.

Anyway, the new Sox policy is that if you have a group of 20 people in the outfield for that night then you have to buy the pre-game patio party for an extra $38. I love the patio parties, but it would be a waste if nobody can make it. We can get out of the patio party by not buying in the outfield, but then the box seats for a premium game are $51 or something, so it comes to the same price.

This is upsetting, why do we have to have a patio party, we just want to enjoy Elvis Night!
first i heard about this
Gene

ewokpelts
02-02-2005, 11:44 AM
They just missed 2M last year and were on pace to go a lot higher until the Sox (and attendance) tanked after the Twins series in July. IIRC they were running more than 15% over 2003, which would have put them around 2.3M if they had maintained it to the end.
correct, the week of that infamous twins series, the sox had thier highest group sales week ever.
Gene

Clembasbal
02-02-2005, 12:15 PM
first i heard about this
Gene

First time I heard about it was when I called my ticket rep, Tom Collins. Not something I wanted to hear.

ewokpelts
02-02-2005, 01:06 PM
First time I heard about it was when I called my ticket rep, Tom Collins. Not something I wanted to hear.
Clem,
This is what I'd say to Tom:

Tom...i'd love to order that patio package, but It's not in my budget.
tom responds
Yeah, but I dont want toe sit somewhere else...I want to site where we've sat last year.
tom responds
Well, I guess I dont HAVE to order it then....
hopefully tom responds the way you want him to..

Gene