PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Lineup projection (with Iguchi of course)

Brian1978
01-25-2005, 12:37 AM
I am having fun looking this over. Using what Ozzie said other educated assumptions...here is what I have (exclude Frank for now as when he gets back the entire lineup will be re-evaluated):

1. Posednik
2. Iguchi
3. Dye
4. Konerko
5. Everett
6. Rowand
7. AJ
8. Uribe/Crede
9. Crede/Uribe

Timo (RF), Gload (RF, 1B), Willie (2B, maybe some CF), Davis, Borchard?, and some young kid to back up SS.

OH MY, I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE HOW TONY GRAFFANINO COULD KNOCK THE KID MIDDLE INFIELDER OFF AND PROVIDE BACK TO CREDE, as well as Uribe.

34 Inch Stick
01-25-2005, 08:36 AM
Tony G is being paid too much for a utility infielder. IIRC he went to the Royals because they made him an offer well beyond what the Sox were willing to cough up.

Yesterday on the SCORE Doug Padilla from the Sun Times was on, projecting Dye as the 3 hitter as well. I figured that Dye would be the 5th spot with Rowand hitting #3.

Bobby Thigpen
01-25-2005, 08:46 AM
When Frank comes back it will probably look like this

1. Posednik
2. Iguchi
3. Thomas
4. Konerko
5. Dye or Rowand
6. Dye or Rowand
7. AJ
8. Uribe
9. Crede

Not too bad. Pretty balanced with thunder and lightning. Probably the most balanced Sox lineup in at least a decade.

California Sox
01-25-2005, 11:09 AM
I'd also prefer Rowand third to Dye (much higher OPS, OBS, more speed, fewer strikeouts, etc.) I think Crede should hit eighth with Uribe ninth for a minimal advantage in not clogging the bases too badly for Podsednik and Iguchi. Carl in the five hole and A.J. in the seventh hole break up the right-handers nicely. When Frank comes back, someone's going to have to sit, probably either Everett or, less likely, Podsednik.

danjames
01-25-2005, 11:17 AM
I am having fun looking this over. Using what Ozzie said other educated assumptions...here is what I have (exclude Frank for now as when he gets back the entire lineup will be re-evaluated):

1. Posednik
2. Iguchi
3. Dye
4. Konerko
5. Everett
6. Rowand
7. AJ
8. Uribe/Crede
9. Crede/Uribe

Timo (RF), Gload (RF, 1B), Willie (2B, maybe some CF), Davis, Borchard?, and some young kid to back up SS.

OH MY, I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE HOW TONY GRAFFANINO COULD KNOCK THE KID MIDDLE INFIELDER OFF AND PROVIDE BACK TO CREDE, as well as Uribe.

Your bench has one too many players. 15 position players leaves only 10 spots for pitching.

I'd leave Borchard in Charlotte (or Mexico, for that matter.). If Rowand needs a day off in CF, you start podsednik there and put Timo in left, etc. Just a little bit of juggling here and there.

The Big Squirt
01-25-2005, 12:41 PM
That is the joy of having 2 guys that can start at center (plus a back-up in harris)

DirtySouthsider
01-25-2005, 01:28 PM
Does Iguchi bat righty or lefty?

longshot7
01-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Righty, I think. A lot of the lineup alk is predicated on whether a righty or lefty is on the mound, but I'll add my two cents. I'm right there with the lineup posted above before Frank comes back, but afterwards I like Pierzynski batting before Rowand to throw a lefty in there & to add power in the middle of the lineup. We also might see Rowand, Iguchi, Pods, & Uribe interchanged depending on how they're hitting. My fantasy lineup looks like this:

Podsednik, Iguchi, Thomas, Konerko, Dye, Pierzynski, Rowand, Crede, Uribe.