PDA

View Full Version : With the signing of Iguchi

Mohoney
01-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Does Willie Harris get traded? I wonder if a package of Willie, Garland, and a prospect or two can get us another starting pitching upgrade?

Baby Fisk
01-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Does Willie Harris get traded? I wonder if a package of Willie, Garland, and a prospect or two can get us another starting pitching upgrade?

Wow. Who would have thought that we -- fans of the Chicago White Sox -- could start making brazen suggestions like that? Kenny, you are the man of the hour. :bandance:

Mohoney
01-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Wow. Who would have thought that we -- fans of the Chicago White Sox -- could start making brazen suggestions like that? Kenny, you are the man of the hour. :bandance:

Under Ron Schueler, I never would have even thought it possible. But Kenny Williams loves to make splashy moves.

Ol' No. 2
01-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Does Willie Harris get traded? I wonder if a package of Willie, Garland, and a prospect or two can get us another starting pitching upgrade?I'd sit tight for a while. Suppose Iguchi can't handle American pitching and hits .195? Until Frank comes back there's room on the roster. Holes always develop during the season with injuries or someone just not coming up to snuff. If they're going to trade him, Harris may be more valuable then instead of now.

NSSoxFan
01-24-2005, 04:15 PM
I'd sit tight for a while. Suppose Iguchi can't handle American pitching and hits .195? Until Frank comes back there's room on the roster. Holes always develop during the season with injuries or someone just not coming up to snuff. If they're going to trade him, Harris may be more valuable then instead of now.

Agreed

balke
01-24-2005, 05:06 PM
we aren't trading him for pitching, I hope we aren't trading any infielder. All this did was give us a little breathing room in our infield. If Uribe or Harris got injured, pulled a groin or whatever, who steps in? Now you can say Iguchi (Or willie now since Iguchi probably starts), this was a huge move. Kenny williams filled every hole he had to, and more this offseason, I'm blown away that he did it. Depth at all positions, 5 starters, 2 power guys, Eventually we'll probably have Everett as our pinch hitter.... this is a great balanced team here. What we wish for now is a solid closer, or just that this bullpen can do it without any upgrades, which concievably they could.

Great offseason.

34 Inch Stick
01-24-2005, 05:32 PM
I never like to have a new player given a position. I think a battle for starter at second base will be good for willie, iguchi and the white sox.

doublem23
01-24-2005, 11:48 PM
If we trade Willie Harris then we're stuck in the same boat with Wilson Valdez as our utility middle infielder.

Uh...

:chunks

Mohoney
01-25-2005, 10:26 AM
If we trade Willie Harris then we're stuck in the same boat with Wilson Valdez as our utility middle infielder.

Uh...

:chunks

But with a BETTER PITCHER THAN GARLAND, which is about a million of these::bandance:

NowBatting19
01-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Before Iguchi I was all about Willie getting the starting nod, but there's no doubt in my mind the Iguchi signing was favorable for the Sox. Now I wish Willie the best somewhere else, b/c I just don't see how he will stay positive. Looking back at the article that was written about him a couple months ago, where it talked about how he was working hard and prepared for whatever with this team...I just don't see him holding up. I love his speed and potential, but probably better if he goes. {enter Bo Hart or Graff via trade} and best of luck Willie, unless he's on the Royals.

...Then again, if he CAN handle coming off the bench, more power to him.

HoustonAstros967
01-30-2005, 06:42 PM
I'd sit tight for a while. Suppose Iguchi can't handle American pitching and hits .195? Until Frank comes back there's room on the roster. Holes always develop during the season with injuries or someone just not coming up to snuff. If they're going to trade him, Harris may be more valuable then instead of now.

Thats a great point! I think that we really should trade willie when the time is right but waiting is a good plan.

Jabroni
01-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I would love to see a trade of Willie Harris and Joe Borchard to the Arizona Diamondbacks for Alex Cintron (http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/team/player.jsp?player_id=400090). Cintron could be the utility infielder that we need. He can play SS, 2B, and 3B and he isn't going to start for Arizona. They signed Royce "The Choice" Clayton to start at SS and have Craig Counsell as a utility infielder. They also have Scott Hairston and Matt Kata to play 2B. According to this article (http://arizona.diamondbacks.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/ari/news/ari_news.jsp?ymd=20050126&content_id=934794&vkey=news_ari&fext=.jsp), the Diamondbacks need a CF'er. After looking at their roster, they could also use a leadoff man. I wonder if they could use Willie in CF and leadoff with him. They also need a power hitting outfielder to replace an aging Luis Gonzalez (37 years old). If Borchard ever pans out, he could be their guy. If they don't want Borchard, send them Willie + prospect(s).

!Winning=Fung!
01-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Willie should be traded or he can watch Iggy win a gold glove, hit .320, 35 home runs, steal 40 bases, and greet him when he walks into the dugout.

R. Alomar twice, almost visquel, and crying just because of his unproductiveness. Iggy will make us forget about whiney willy, believe me!

DVsoxfan
01-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Willie should be traded or he can watch Iggy win a gold glove, hit .320, 35 home runs, steal 40 bases, and greet him when he walks into the dugout.

R. Alomar twice, almost visquel, and crying just because of his unproductiveness. Iggy will make us forget about whiney willy, believe me!

Them are some bold predictions pal

Jabroni
01-30-2005, 09:35 PM
Them are some bold predictions pal
I'd settle for:

.280 AVG
.340 OBP
15 HR
30 SB

!Winning=Fung!
01-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Just like hoping Mark will be cy young winner, as sox fans, we just hope for the best. Set our hopes high, but like since 2000, we have felt real low after we fail.

But KW/ozzie has given us the light, I will walk in the cell opening day a little better than the past couple. Maybe Iggy will do just enough to keep us happy, and i cant stand a a pro baseball player complaining.