PDA

View Full Version : Sox Vs Dodgers

SOXFAN82
01-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I LOVE WHAT THEY ARE DOING FOR THE SOX DODGERS GAME WITH THE THROWBACK JERSEYS AND STUFF. I HOPE THEY HAVE A 59 REUION LIKE THEY DID WITH THE 83 TEAM ON THE FIELD..THAT WOULD BE GREAT...:bandance:

BRIAN

RKMeibalane
01-24-2005, 12:44 PM
I LOVE WHAT THEY ARE DOING FOR THE SOX DODGERS GAME WITH THE THROWBACK JERSEYS AND STUFF. I HOPE THEY HAVE A 59 REUION LIKE THEY DID WITH THE 83 TEAM ON THE FIELD..THAT WOULD BE GREAT...:bandance:

BRIAN

Why are you yelling?

SOXFAN82
01-24-2005, 12:58 PM
sorry... iam not yelling i just had it in caps...my bad :redface:

HITMEN OF 77
01-24-2005, 04:03 PM
sorry... iam not yelling i just had it in caps...my bad :redface:
I use to get "yelled" at all the time when I first started posting here for that. :D:

DaleJRFan
01-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Why are you yelling?

hey now... c'mon, tha guy's excited!!! :D:

MarkZ35
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Which Sox vs Dodgers Game are they wearing the throwbacks in because i wanted to bring my Dodger fan to a White Sox Game and i figured that would be a good day to go.

ewokpelts
01-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Which Sox vs Dodgers Game are they wearing the throwbacks in because i wanted to bring my Dodger fan to a White Sox Game and i figured that would be a good day to go.
Sat, June 18 2005

Gene

Clembasbal
01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Sat, June 18 2005

Gene

The Dogers come to Chicago once every 50 years, and I am getting married that weekend!!! Friday, Saturday and Sunday...all days I won't be able to attend.

MarkZ35
01-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Thanks ... I'm Glad It's The Saturday game because Hopefully they'll have fireworks afterwords and we all love fireworks especially celebrating a White Sox winner.

Ol' No. 2
01-24-2005, 08:57 PM
The Dogers come to Chicago once every 50 years, and I am getting married that weekend!!! Friday, Saturday and Sunday...all days I won't be able to attend.And you're going to miss the game for THAT?

OEO Magglio
01-24-2005, 09:00 PM
And you're going to miss the game for THAT?
Why is that in teal?? :tongue:

zach074
01-24-2005, 09:04 PM
The Dogers come to Chicago once every 50 years, and I am getting married that weekend!!! Friday, Saturday and Sunday...all days I won't be able to attend.

You could always get married at the game! :bandance:

Parrothead
01-24-2005, 09:51 PM

Combine the events and have wedding at the game ! :D: :bandance::wink: :bandance: :smile: :bandance:

eidt...Sorry Zach beat me to it. Guess I should have read the whole thread.:(:

batmanZoSo
01-24-2005, 09:55 PM
Are they wearing the 59 jersies for the Dodger series? That'll be awesome.

If that's the case, I'd like to think we had a small part to do with that, by voicing our love for the black and reds so many times.

SOXPHILE
01-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Gee, I wonder if the Chicago media will go ga-ga over this, implying that it's the first time the Dodgers have been to Chicago since the '59 Series, kinda like they did when the Yankees came here to play at the Urinal ("first time in Chicago since the 1938 Series !!!!")

TommyJohn
01-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Gee, I wonder if the Chicago media will go ga-ga over this, implying that it's the first time the Dodgers have been to Chicago since the '59 Series, kinda like they did when the Yankees came here to play at the Urinal ("first time in Chicago since the 1938 Series !!!!")

Sneering Chicago Media Ass here. We aren't going to do that for you, you
unworthy peons. The Yankees played a team that everyone cares about.
As for *sneer* you people *sneer* we're pissed enough over the fact
that we have to breathe the same air as you peasants.

However, as all you ahem...people know, the Boston Red Sox are coming to
Chicago for the first time since 1918!! Battle of the Curses!! Oh, sure, you
unworthy nothings will say "But Boston won last year!!" Yeah, well, they and
our Cubbies are comrades-in-arms! We are already preparing columns compar-
ing Boston seafood to Chicago pizza, and the charm of Temple Wrigley with
that of Fenway, and how the Daleys and Kennedys shaped America. Maybe
we'll pull off a couple of obituary writers to cover your series. *sneer*
*sneer* *sneer*

SOXPHILE
01-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh my God, that's right ! I forgot about that. The Red Sox are playing at the Urinal this year. Oh man, the drooling and slobbering is going to be soaking through the T.V. from all the stations falling over themselves to report on that. What a nightmare. We should start a pool to see which reporter will be the first to inform us that this is the Red Sox first time in Chicago since 1918, and since they "broke" their "curse" last year, maybe their "magic" will touch the Cubs, and this year, they will "break" their "curse" too ! My VERY early picks are Peggy Kaczinsky, & Mark Malone on T.V., & George Offman on the radio.

jabrch
01-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Unfortunately I bought my 13 game package before finding out that this was Saturday night - so I only got the Friday night Dodger game. Might have to buy single game tickets for that Saturday...

TommyJohn
01-24-2005, 11:38 PM
Unfortunately I bought my 13 game package before finding out that this was Saturday night - so I only got the Friday night Dodger game. Might have to buy single game tickets for that Saturday...

Same here. I ordered the Friday game as part of the Sox 9, now I'm considering
buying single game tickets for Saturday.

HITMEN OF 77
01-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Same here. I ordered the Friday game as part of the Sox 9, now I'm considering
buying single game tickets for Saturday.

I got both Friday and Saturday in my Sox 9 :D:

pinwheels3530
01-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Friday nite will be the fireworks nite & Saturday will be the turn back the clock game with the 59 jerseys's. I have tickets to both games.:D:

Wouldn't it be so cool if the Sox unveiled a statue of the much talked about double play combination of Nellie Fox & Luis Apparicio of the go-go Sox of1959 at the Saturday nite game. Brooks are you listening!!

bc2k
01-25-2005, 02:32 AM
Friday nite will be the fireworks nite & Saturday will be the turn back the clock game with the 59 jerseys's. I have tickets to both games.:D:

Was there a change in the schedule? The schedule on Whitesox.com (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/prices.jsp) shows the fireworks on Saturday's Dodger game...

popilius
01-25-2005, 02:43 AM
Sat, June 18 2005

Gene

How did you find out that it was the Saturday game? Was it announced on the website. . . ?

Thanks.

pinwheels3530
01-25-2005, 02:54 AM
Was there a change in the schedule? The schedule on Whitesox.com (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/prices.jsp) shows the fireworks on Saturday's Dodger game...

When I purchased tickets at the park they handed out a brochure with the promotion dates Friday fireworks & Saturday turn back the clock game.

jabrch
01-25-2005, 07:20 AM
The best available 4 seats for Satruday are 154 row 30 - that's the back corner of LF...

ewokpelts
01-25-2005, 09:05 AM
Thanks ... I'm Glad It's The Saturday game because Hopefully they'll have fireworks afterwords and we all love fireworks especially celebrating a White Sox winner.it may be a fox game...
gene

eshunn2001
01-25-2005, 10:32 AM

DON'T DO IT... I mean Congrats.:D:

Tragg
01-25-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm gonna try to fly up for that series.

Have only been to the Cell once, and that was in '98, so it's time (although I've seen us play several times in other parks).

mrwag
01-26-2005, 11:43 AM
It's too bad Ventura isn't still a Dodger, then we could see him too. Wonder what sort of reception he'd get?

I might have to fly up for that Saturday game as well. Hopefully if all goes well I'll come up for a post-season game in October.

SOXintheBURGH
01-26-2005, 12:07 PM
It's too bad Ventura isn't still a Dodger, then we could see him too. Wonder what sort of reception he'd get?

I might have to fly up for that Saturday game as well. Hopefully if all goes well I'll come up for a post-season game in October.

A standing ovation, like when he was on New York.

Hangar18
01-26-2005, 12:56 PM

Get used to it folks. The Media will INSTEAD be Urinating on themselves
with Wednesday thru Sunday nite live, wall-to-wall coverage of the Cubs
1st historic visit to New York and Yankee Stadium. The "History" of the
"2 storied franchises" ( I can hear that jackass Bob Costas gloating over this)
will be glorified over and over and over and over .....

We will be bombarded with NY Pizza vs Chicago Pizza, NY nitelife vs Chicago nitelife, NY Traffic vs Chicago Traffic. Carol Slezak and FOX will pee themselves doing Fluff Pieces on anyone famous from Chicago now living in NY
and "how great it is for baseball", blah blah blah ......... :angry:

SOXintheBURGH
01-26-2005, 01:46 PM

We will be bombarded with NY Pizza vs Chicago Pizza, NY nitelife vs Chicago nitelife, NY Traffic vs Chicago Traffic. Carol Slezak and FOX will pee themselves doing Fluff Pieces on anyone famous from Chicago now living in NY

One of the few reasons I'm glad I don't live in Illinois anymore. And, one of the few times a year I ever root for the Yankees, the other being whenever they play the Red Saawwwcks.

SoxFan78
01-26-2005, 01:53 PM

The sad thing is that this is not fiction at all. Anybody remember when the Yankees came to play at Wrigley and RedEye had a section comparing New York and Chicago??

Because the Knicks, Islanders, Rangers, Jets, Giants and Mets have never been to Chicago before!!!

SOXintheBURGH
01-26-2005, 01:55 PM
The sad thing is that this is not fiction at all. Anybody remember when the Yankees came to play at Wrigley and RedEye had a section comparing New York and Chicago??

Because the Knicks, Islanders, Rangers, Jets, Giants and Mets have never been to Chicago before!!!

Don't forget the NY/NJ Metrostars!

IronFisk
01-26-2005, 02:05 PM

BRIAN

Nice, but how many are still alive? :(:

Hangar18
01-26-2005, 02:18 PM

I remember NBC-5 having a LIVE TV remote outside the stadium BEFORE, DURING and AFTER the "historic" game, and they were seeking out Yankee Fans
and asking them Ridiculous and Fluff questions like "How do you compare Chicago to NY?" and " Who has the better Pizza, NY or Chicago?" and
lets not forget the "best" question they asked ............
"How do Cub fans compare to Yankee Fans?" the Yankee fan looked at
his friend, then Snickered ...........

Lip Man 1
01-26-2005, 07:04 PM
How many are still alive?

Well off the top of my head I can think of Billy Pierce, Jim Landis, Ken McBride, J.C. Martin, Gary Peters, Jungle Jim Rivera, Bob Shaw, Lou Skizas, Ron Jackson, Johnny Callison, Luis Aparicio, Sammy Esposito, Jim McAnany, Barry Latman, Johnny Romano, Rodolfo Arias, Omar Turk Lown, Claude Raymond, Don Mueller and Al Lopez. (although I'm probably wrong on one or two...)

Lip

RKMeibalane
01-26-2005, 07:26 PM

It's a Cubs newspaper. The people who write for it aren't exactly the best and the brightest.

SOXPHILE
01-26-2005, 07:32 PM
One of the funniest things resulting in that Cubs-Yankees series back in '03 was the selling of YANKEES SUCK t-shirts by the vendors outside of Wrigley, alongside all the Cubby Crap. Hmmmm...what's wrong with this picture? Let's see, one team has won 25 world championships, most recently in 2000, and year after year, is well over .500 and in the playoffs. The other, well, we all know about the other. I hate the Yankees too, but me and anyone else who wears a shirt stating they "suck" looks like a jackass. Cub fans wearing those shirts, isn't that kinda like somebody driving a 1984 Yugo yelling at somebody else that they drive a crappy car ?

FightingBillini
01-26-2005, 08:19 PM
One of the funniest things resulting in that Cubs-Yankees series back in '03 was the selling of YANKEES SUCK t-shirts by the vendors outside of Wrigley, alongside all the Cubby Crap. Hmmmm...what's wrong with this picture? Let's see, one team has won 25 world championships, most recently in 2000, and year after year, is well over .500 and in the playoffs. The other, well, we all know about the other. I hate the Yankees too, but me and anyone else who wears a shirt stating they "suck" looks like a jackass. Cub fans wearing those shirts, isn't that kinda like somebody driving a 1984 Yugo yelling at somebody else that they drive a crappy car ?

Think of it more like someone driving a duct taped together 1908 Model T yelling at someone who drives a 2000 Corvette :D:

zach074
01-26-2005, 08:30 PM
. The Media will INSTEAD be Urinating on themselves

So thats where Alou learned it... interesting very interesting

Takatsufan
01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
I hope JR will do some commercials for the games. I'd love to see them. " Rivals of old meet again in the City of the Big Shoulders. Aaron Rowand and the White Sox go head-to-head with former Sox Jose Valentin and the L.A. Dodgers. It's payback time White Sox fans.

O, that's right how are we gonna accept Jose, with boos or cheers?

soxwon
01-26-2005, 09:26 PM

get married at JIMBOS then honeymoon at the cELL!!

wassagstdu
01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
I hope you folks are right about the date. I just bought my tickets and I am flying in for the game! They had better get started on that Fox-Aparicio monument.

:fsock

HITMEN OF 77
01-27-2005, 08:56 PM
I hope you folks are right about the date. I just bought my tickets and I am flying in for the game! They had better get started on that Fox-Aparicio monument.

:fsock

What date did you get?

chisox59
01-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Oh my God, that's right ! I forgot about that. The Red Sox are playing at the Urinal this year. Oh man, the drooling and slobbering is going to be soaking through the T.V. from all the stations falling over themselves to report on that. What a nightmare. We should start a pool to see which reporter will be the first to inform us that this is the Red Sox first time in Chicago since 1918, and since they "broke" their "curse" last year, maybe their "magic" will touch the Cubs, and this year, they will "break" their "curse" too ! My VERY early picks are Peggy Kaczinsky, & Mark Malone on T.V., & George Offman on the radio.

The funny thing is this will be the first time that the Red Sox have ever played in the urinal. In the 1918 World Series the scrubs opted to play their home games in Comiskey Park due to the fact that it seated more people.

HITMEN OF 77
01-27-2005, 11:51 PM
get married at JIMBOS then honeymoon at the cELL!!
I ran that idea by my girlfriend a few years ago. I'm still waiting to hear back from her on that.:D:

chisoxmike
01-28-2005, 10:49 AM

It'll be worse when the Red Sox play the Cubs at the urninal.