PDA

View Full Version : "Fans are reason Japan players want to come here"

GiveMeSox
01-24-2005, 12:07 PM
These words came straight out of KW's mouth at soxfest on Sunday. I remember during the Q and A session he thanked us all and said our ovation and like for Shingo will ripple through the Japan league and have its effect here at home. KW said Shingo has gone back to Japan and told of how great the White Sox fans are and how great they treat you and make you feel at home, and by word of mouth it will tricle down to where players want to come here. I guess he was right! He also went on to say "But its not as if I have any interests over there or anything, wink, wink"! We all had a good laugh. And here we stand today, I love the way this team is heading! GO IGUCHI!!

HomeFish
01-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Shingo needs to remember why he got those cheers: because he got the job done.

Now, Sox fans cheer poor-performing players more than I'd like them to, but I would be willing to bet that Borchard gets a far less impressive reception.

Ol' No. 2
01-24-2005, 12:15 PM
These words came straight out of KW's mouth at soxfest on Sunday. I remember during the Q and A session he thanked us all and said our ovation and like for Shingo will ripple through the Japan league and have its effect here at home. KW said Shingo has gone back to Japan and told of how great the White Sox fans are and how great they treat you and make you feel at home, and by word of mouth it will tricle down to where players want to come here. I guess he was right! He also went on to say "But its not as if I have any interests over there or anything, wink, wink"! We all had a good laugh. And here we stand today, I love the way this team is heading! GO IGUCHI!!It's a good thing because no American players want to come here.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-24-2005, 12:18 PM
It's a good thing because no American players want to come here.

:maggs
"Just wait till I get finished calling everyone in my Rolodex..."

:wink:

ewokpelts
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
:maggs
"Just wait till I get finished calling everyone in my Rolodex..."

:wink:
:roidduck
"Dont Worry Maggs...I'll give you some of my GLADIATOR tm Ear Plugs when you sign with us.....!"

Gene

PaleHoseGeorge
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
The title of this thread instantly reminded of a certain goofball poster around here last summer insisting Takatsu was offended by the gong. When pressed further he admitted it was only his opinion and Takatsu ought to be offended by the gong.

Some folks enjoy appointing themselves opinion makers for others... most of all those inferior people... like the Japanese.

:cool:

Daver
01-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Money is the reason any player plays anywhere, period.

OEO Magglio
01-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Money is the reason any player plays anywhere, period.
Tell that to Jermaine and Aj. For the most part you're right but there are exceptions to any rule.

minastirith67
01-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Tell that to Jermaine and Aj. For the most part you're right but there are exceptions to any rule.

Um, they are still playing for a lot of money, no? I would love to have their salaries but but it's not happening any time soon. I guarantee they came here for their financial situation almost entirely and any team loyalty took second place.

ewokpelts
01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
:roidduck :maggs

"Not us!"

Gene

OEO Magglio
01-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Um, they are still playing for a lot of money, no? I would love to have their salaries but but it's not happening any time soon. I guarantee they came here for their financial situation almost entirely and any team loyalty took second place.
I took it as them choosing between 2 different teams not choosing whether to play baseball or not to play baseball but if we're talking about it that way then ya I agree.

HebrewHammer
01-24-2005, 10:06 PM
:roidduck :maggs

"Not us!"

Gene

This post made my day.

Jurr
01-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Maybe we'll start getting that Japanese vote to help out our players. The Chinese vote, while much bigger, gets Yao Ming in every year. Ichiro's been getting lots of love from the Land of the Rising Sun in his All-Star votes. It would be nice to see more Sox in the All-Star games.