PDA

View Full Version : Watching Cubfest hi-lites over the weeknd....and

Medford Bobby
01-24-2005, 11:11 AM
:angry: I noticed a coupla things watching the various Chicago stations coverage of Cupfest over the weekend......Everyone seemed grumpy and not smiling:(:

Also I did not see any kids standing in line, or in general. If you watched any video of Soxfest coverage it seemed alot more "Families" were attending where as the Cupfest looked like alot of grumpy old people at a funeral wake.

Hey this gives me hope that there are more younger fans being raised on White Sox baseball:rolleyes: !!!

Did anyone else notice this??:?:

2005 Bridgeport White Sox of Chicago Supporter:bandance:

MUsoxfan
01-24-2005, 11:19 AM
2005 Bridgeport White Sox of Chicago Supporter:bandance:

2005 Bridgeport White Sox of Chicago presented by Best's Kosher

Iwritecode
01-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Ryan Dempster told a story at the Cubs Convention about he and 13 teammates trying to hail cabs late Friday night after a group outing at a downtown restaurant.

With the snowstorm howling and no empty taxis in sight, several players hitched rides from passing motorists back to their hotel.

"I don't think they knew who we were," Dempster said over the weekend.

And they are removing the names from the backs of their jerseys?!?

Even at the convention they had to have their names displayed in front of them:

Palehose13
01-24-2005, 11:49 AM

LOL...that's pathetic!!!

Tekijawa
01-24-2005, 11:53 AM
LOL...that's pathetic!!!

People look different when you're sober though.

Risk
01-24-2005, 11:56 AM

:) LOL

Risk

Brian26
01-24-2005, 12:16 PM

This means we'll probably never see another Kerry WOODS jersey. :(:

Vsahajpal
01-24-2005, 12:28 PM
Most attendees were likely stocking up on those jackassical bracelets to hawk on EBAY.

santo=dorf
01-24-2005, 12:36 PM

:rolling:

I could just imagine 200 Cub fans saying "Hey they misspelled Kerry's last name!"

NSSoxFan
01-24-2005, 02:24 PM
:rolling:

I could just imagine 200 Cub fans saying "Hey they misspelled Kerry's last name!"

Hilarious!:D:

Ol' No. 2
01-24-2005, 03:11 PM
A story in the Trib reports that Scammy wasn't even included in the Cubs 2005 calendar. How telling is that?

ewokpelts
01-24-2005, 04:25 PM
A story in the Trib reports that Scammy wasn't even included in the Cubs 2005 calendar. How telling is that?
:roidduck
"I dunno....now where's my bag full of money...i left it right HERE!"

Gene

Palehose13
01-24-2005, 04:26 PM
:roidduck
"I dunno....now where's my bag full of money...i left it right HERE!"

Gene

Ok, now seriously...what is that picture supposed to be?

maurice
01-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Ok, now seriously...what is that picture supposed to be?

IIRC, one of the Trib's brilliant promotional ideas was something called a "celebri-duck" -- i.e., a duck doll resembling a celebrity. That's the Sosa duck. Or maybe it's a prediction of what Sosa will look like in ten years after injecting gallons of animal hormones.

Palehose13
01-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Or maybe it's a prediction of what Sosa will look like in ten years after injecting gallons of animal hormones.

:roflmao:

C-Dawg
01-24-2005, 04:55 PM

They were saving a couple pages for Carlos Beltran and Magglio Ordonez.

ewokpelts
01-24-2005, 07:05 PM
IIRC, one of the Trib's brilliant promotional ideas was something called a "celebri-duck" -- i.e., a duck doll resembling a celebrity. That's the Sosa duck. Or maybe it's a prediction of what Sosa will look like in ten years after injecting gallons of animal hormones.
there is a babe ruth celebriduck...
Gene

MUsoxfan
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but the coverage of the Chubbie Convention wasn't overwhelming at all. The blurbs on news stations were comparably the same as the ones that the Sox got last weekend. It looks like the media isn't out the crown them WS champs at this point in time and that has alot to do with it

Palehose13
01-24-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but the coverage of the Chubbie Convention wasn't overwhelming at all. The blurbs on news stations were comparably the same as the ones that the Sox got last weekend. It looks like the media isn't out the crown them WS champs at this point in time and that has alot to do with it

You obviously didn't tune into Murph this evening. I had to run some errands and my puppy ate my antenae, so the car is the only place I can get Chicago AM stations. 1000 had the bulls game, so I tuned into 670 hoping to hear some reaction to the Iguchi signing. Murph touched on it briefly and will talk about it during the 8 o'clock hour (probably for 5 minutes). The first hour was all quotes from this weekend. If I could stomach it, I would post the guy puking.

MUsoxfan
01-24-2005, 07:19 PM
You obviously didn't tune into Murph this evening. I had to run some errands and my puppy ate my antenae, so the car is the only place I can get Chicago AM stations. 1000 had the bulls game, so I tuned into 670 hoping to hear some reaction to the Iguchi signing. Murph touched on it briefly and will talk about it during the 8 o'clock hour (probably for 5 minutes). The first hour was all quotes from this weekend. If I could stomach it, I would post the guy puking.

Yeah, but that's what I expect out of that circus monkey. The other shows today (esp. B&B) didn't really talk that much about it, and anything they said was basically just calling out Dusty as a bad manager.

maurice
01-24-2005, 07:39 PM
my puppy ate my antenae

Another good name for a band. :cool:

You gotta get your g/f to train that dog!

Palehose13
01-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Another good name for a band. :cool:

You gotta get your g/f to train that dog!

LOL...it happened when she wasn't home and I was. They know when the boss leaves, and take full advantage of my lack of training...and attention.

Ah...he's going through that chewing phase. Fortunately, that was the worst thing he ruined. You should see the lovely redecorating he did upstairs with the trash from the bathroom, which reminds me...I gotta clean that up before she gets home! :o:

Viva Medias B's
01-25-2005, 10:38 AM
LOL...it happened when she wasn't home and I was. They know when the boss leaves, and take full advantage of my lack of training...and attention.

Ah...he's going through that chewing phase. Fortunately, that was the worst thing he ruined. You should see the lovely redecorating he did upstairs with the trash from the bathroom, which reminds me...I gotta clean that up before she gets home! :o:

My puppy, who is now a silly 9-year-old border collie, used to eat socks and razor blades. And if we have her retrieve Frisbees, she will chew them to pieces. And whenever I play the Disney song "The Bare Necessities" in the CD player, she howls. She must not like Phil Harris.

Palehose13
01-25-2005, 10:49 AM
My puppy, who is now a silly 9-year-old border collie, used to eat socks and razor blades. And if we have her retrieve Frisbees, she will chew them to pieces. And whenever I play the Disney song "The Bare Necessities" in the CD player, she howls. She must not like Phil Harris.

LOL. I have two border collie mixes (one 6 and one 2.5). The younger one used to chew up razors also. Socks are also a great treat! Thankfully the new puppy takes socks, but doesn't destroy them...he snuggles with them.

I dig the howling. My older BC howls whenever a siren (fire, police, or ambulance) goes by...especially late at night! It kinda sucked at my old place 'cause it was 2 blocks from a firestation.