PDA

View Full Version : NLCS on Fox Sports Net Sucks

Viva Magglio
10-21-2001, 02:09 PM
For the first time ever, a League Championship Series game is on cable television. Fox Sports banished Game 5 of the NLCS to Fox Sports Net because of the NFL. Screw the NFL!!! If it wasn't for point spreads, MLS would be more popular!

Bmr31
10-21-2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
For the first time ever, a League Championship Series game is on cable television. Fox Sports banished Game 5 of the NLCS to Fox Sports Net because of the NFL. Screw the NFL!!! If it wasn't for point spreads, MLS would be more popular!

That decision to have both games played at the same time is one of the dumbest decisions i have ever seen........not to mention one of the games is on cable!!!

danman31
10-21-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Where is NBC in all of this?? They were perfect for having 2 channels for the playoffs for non cable. Did Fox buy all of the playoffs from NBC or was NBC's contract up?

Spiff
10-21-2001, 06:40 PM
Let's not forget two things.

1)With the week that baseball was delayed in September, they have to squeeze the games in or they'll be playing in the snow. This means alot of playing both games on the same day.

2)FOX has a contract with the NFL, and they get much higher ratings with football games. They were signed on for the doubleheader this week so they couldn't put one game on at 4 and one at 7 b/c they were broadcasting a football game at 4. Granted, they could have put the ALCS on at 7 and the NLCS on at 11 but that's a late start even for the West Coast.

What the hell is so hard about PREV CHAN? It's not like baseball is wall to wall action.

Daver
10-21-2001, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by danman31

Where is NBC in all of this?? They were perfect for having 2 channels for the playoffs for non cable. Did Fox buy all of the playoffs from NBC or was NBC's contract up?

Fox bought exclusive rights for the Baseball playoff's.

danman31
10-21-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
What the hell is so hard about PREV CHAN? It's not like baseball is wall to wall action.

I think it's kind of tough for those of us that don't have cable and don't get FSN. I, for one, don't care except that with FSN showing baseball I have one less sports channel to watch, but it's still better than putting it on Fox Family.

Spiff
10-21-2001, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by danman31

I think it's kind of tough for those of us that don't have cable and don't get FSN. I, for one, don't care except that with FSN showing baseball I have one less sports channel to watch, but it's still better than putting it on Fox Family.

Well I don't think they really had a choice.