PDA

View Full Version : Hawk's "Cmon Timo" call

Gosox1917
01-23-2005, 02:16 PM
As you know by my sig and some of the replies, that was one of my fav. games. Well, I got my hands on a VHS tape of the game but have no clue how to get the sound clip on my computer in order to share with u all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :cool:.

GiveMeSox
01-23-2005, 03:08 PM
As you know by my sig and some of the replies, that was one of my fav. games. Well, I got my hands on a VHS tape of the game but have no clue how to get the sound clip on my computer in order to share with u all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :cool:.

THere are two ways i can think of. THe first being just record it with a microphone from your computer. There is a sound recorder in windows in the accessories menu somewhere, i think under entertainment. That is the cheap way. The real way is people have tv tuner/multimedia cards in there computer. I have a tv tuner card from ATI and it features and input via red/yellow/white rca cables as to watch tv,VHS,DVD,XBOX on your computer. You hook it up to your VCR and then you usually have some sort of software with the card that records the incoming stuff and saves it to the hard drive as MPEG, AVI, WAV, MP3 files, whichever you are trying to do. That is how much of the family guy and simposons and stuff exist on Kazaa and other file sharing stuff.

JUribe1989
01-23-2005, 03:53 PM

How did u get the VHS of that game?

soltrain21
01-23-2005, 04:33 PM

Taped it?

Gosox1917
01-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Yea my friend back in Elkhart happened to tape the game. I was talkin to him about some of the games I went to this season, and he said he taped that game. So he made a copy and sent it to me. I'm gonna find that mic on my computer as we speak.

Soxzilla
01-23-2005, 08:51 PM
You could always send me the tape and I could record it with mah tuner card.

Magglios_Girl
01-23-2005, 09:14 PM
I also have the game taped. I'll try to record it. :D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-23-2005, 10:11 PM
using a digital camera...film the TV?

JUribe1989
01-23-2005, 10:20 PM
You could just tape the game from the tv with a digital camera and post it. Then we could see it too.

Magglios_Girl
01-23-2005, 10:35 PM
http://img111.exs.cx/img111/3043/gotmilk15vf.jpghttp://img111.exs.cx/img111/324/gotmilk25bf.jpghttp://img111.exs.cx/img111/4653/gotmilk39lg.jpg
GOT MILK?

:roflmao:

SoxFanTillDeath
01-24-2005, 10:06 AM
If you need to, I could do it for you. I work in a TV/Radio studio and work with audio and video all day. There's a million ways to do it, but they all require equipment that you probably don't have just lying around.

Email me (ccorbett@victoryingrace.org) if you need some help with it. I'd be more than willing to help.

wdelaney72
01-24-2005, 10:18 AM
I was in my car listening to Rooney and Farmio, so I missed this call, and am still waiting to hear it.

Please post as soon as y'all figure it out.

JUribe1989
01-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Any update no this? Is the call up in another forum or anything?

mealfred13
01-30-2005, 06:30 PM
Way to make something easy so complicated guys!

If all you want is the SOUND clip, you simply need to run the red and white cables from the VCR OUT into a little adapter you can buy at Radio Shack, which takes 2 RCA (the red/white type connectors) jacks and converts them into one stereo mini jack (like you'd have on headphones). Plug that into the Line-IN in the back of your computer (every modern computer has a line-in on the sound card), and then use Sound Recorder to record the audio stream as a .wav file as you play it from the VCR.

If you want the video as well, then you need a video card with a video-in or some kind of TV Tuner card, but for the audio, it's rather simple.

HoustonAstros967
01-30-2005, 06:39 PM

I heard from a unanimous person that u can buy tapes of certain games on the internet.

comiskey2000
01-30-2005, 06:57 PM
What was the date of the "TIMO" game again?

rmusacch
01-30-2005, 07:02 PM
I heard from a unanimous person that u can buy tapes of certain games on the internet.

What's a unanimous person? Someone who agrees with everyone?

SOX ADDICT '73
01-30-2005, 08:00 PM
What's a unanimous person? Someone who agrees with everyone?

I thought maybe it was a schizophrenic whose personalities all just happened to be really similar.:wink:

TimoPerez
01-30-2005, 08:19 PM
What was the date of the "TIMO" game again?

August 8

MUsoxfan
01-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Looks like the first person we should have asked was Timo himself

Gosox1917
01-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Ok, well I've done everything that could be done without buying a mic or something from radio shack. I've tried yelling at the computer, threatening it, pushing it, hitting it, but none of those seem to work.:D: I'll go out and buy some of that stuff when I get some money, which shouldn't be tooooo long...hopefully. Sorry to give everyone's hopes up. I'll go around my dorm to see if anyone has a mic or somethin on their computer.

JoseCanseco6969
01-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Ok, well I've done everything that could be done without buying a mic or something from radio shack. I've tried yelling at the computer, threatening it, pushing it, hitting it, but none of those seem to work.:D: I'll go out and buy some of that stuff when I get some money, which shouldn't be tooooo long...hopefully. Sorry to give everyone's hopes up. I'll go around my dorm to see if anyone has a mic or somethin on their computer.

good deal! I'm looking forward to hearing that again. It was such a great moment for us as a team. I luvv hawk!

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-30-2005, 09:24 PM
The actual footage of the play is on whitesox.com, but it's from Cleveland's feed so you don't get to hear hawk say CMON Timo. :angry:

chisox2005
01-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Yea my friend back in Elkhart happened to tape the game. I was talkin to him about some of the games I went to this season, and he said he taped that game. So he made a copy and sent it to me. I'm gonna find that mic on my computer as we speak.

Did you have Major League Baseball's expressed written consent? :tongue: :D:

TimoPerez
01-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Looks like the first person we should have asked was Timo himself

That is always the smart thing to do. I know everything about myself.

oeo
01-30-2005, 11:38 PM
That game just makes me that more optimistic of this upcoming season. Imagine Hawk just about having a heart-attack every game.

When to pitchers and catchers report? It can't be soon enough!