PDA

View Full Version : Card of The Week

OfficerKarkovice
10-21-2001, 01:51 PM
My favorite yet! Just chillin in the dugout...having a beverage.

FarWestChicago
10-21-2001, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
My favorite yet! Just chillin in the dugout...having a beverage. This is your week in the spotlight, Kark. :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-21-2001, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
This is your week in the spotlight, Kark.

To bad they don't make manager cards.

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

To bad they don't make manager cards.

I think Topps used to.

ihatethecubs
10-21-2001, 08:30 PM
officerkark, i dont know if you got it or not, i sent you a private message with links to some karko pics i scanned and that was one of them. if you didnt get it heres the link again

most attractive player ever (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/karko.html)

danman31
10-21-2001, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads

I think Topps used to.

Topps did.

Spiff
10-21-2001, 08:47 PM
Yeh they did because I have like a 1983 Topps John McNamara card.

Maybe I'll make it into my sig lol.

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 08:49 PM
You do that.

OfficerKarkovice
10-21-2001, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
officerkark, i dont know if you got it or not, i sent you a private message with links to some karko pics i scanned and that was one of them. if you didnt get it heres the link again

most attractive player ever (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/cubssuck/karko.html)

Yeah I just got them today...thank you

CLR01
10-22-2001, 12:50 AM
Hey when is Chris Singleton gonna get a card up??

PaleHoseGeorge
10-22-2001, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
Hey when is Chris Singleton gonna get a card up??

Supply and demand. We've posted cards going back to the early-50's. The newest card ever posted was 1998. Singleton didn't even join the team till '99. I'm sure Chris will get recognized, but there are lots of cards ahead of him.

:)

FarWestChicago
10-22-2001, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Supply and demand. We've posted cards going back to the early-50's. The newest card ever posted was 1998. Singleton didn't even join the team till '99. I'm sure Chris will get recognized, but there are lots of cards ahead of him.

Uh oh, somebody is gonna get a visit from Jesse or Johnnie. :)

Soxheads
10-22-2001, 04:07 PM
What is the selection process for card of the week?

PaleHoseGeorge
10-22-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
What is the selection process for card of the week?

There is no selection process, per se. I try to select a card from each subsequent decade, starting in the 50's and working through the 90's. I also try to make the card topical, such as picking Alex Fernandez (the last Sox pitcher to pitch a one-hitter) after Mark Buehrle threw his one-hitter earlier this year.

Mostly, I just pick cards that I think look pretty cool. Stars are nice, but even the scrubeanies are eligible for selection.

Clear as mud, right?

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2001, 04:33 PM
Mostly, I just pick cards that I think look pretty cool. Stars are nice, but even the scrubeanies are eligible for selection.

Yes as evidence Mike Caruso was card of the week.
When will the Jaime Navarro card be up George?

Soxheads
10-22-2001, 04:35 PM
I have one of him that I got a Comiskey. it has him running around in a cubs coat.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-22-2001, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
When will the Jaime Navarro card be up George?

Navarro is sure to get selected in the future. There are lots of potential angles: his return to baseball, a stupid comment he gives Phil Rogers in a future "bash the Sox" feature, a series against the Brewers, etc.

Jerry_Manuel
10-22-2001, 06:14 PM
Navarro is sure to get selected in the future. There are lots of potential angles: his return to baseball, a stupid comment he gives Phil Rogers in a future "bash the Sox" feature, a series against the Brewers, etc.

And who can forget his comment about how he can't hit for the guys when his era was 8.

CLR01
10-23-2001, 01:20 AM

Supply and demand

http://www.rainbowpush.org/photogallery/jackson.jpghttp://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/Simpson/cochran.gif

We demand a Chris Singleton card of the week. So supply it or we will see you in Judge Lance Ito's court room. :)

I also try to make the card topical, such as picking Alex Fernandez (the last Sox pitcher to pitch a one-hitter) after Mark Buehrle threw his one-hitter earlier this year.

Oh good so that means i will get to see my Singleton card in early November when the labor talks start up. He is the sox player representative and that will certainly be a topic of discussion.

RichieRichAllen
10-23-2001, 02:05 AM

There is no selection process, per se. I try to select a card from each subsequent decade, starting in the 50's and working through the 90's. I also try to make the card topical, such as picking Alex Fernandez (the last Sox pitcher to pitch a one-hitter) after Mark Buehrle threw his one-hitter earlier this year.

Clear as mud, right?

In need of any, PHG? I've got some cards from the early 60's through early 90's. They'll be in storage until early next year, but I have a decent collection stored.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-23-2001, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by RichieRichAllen
In need of any, PHG? I've got some cards from the early 60's through early 90's. They'll be in storage until early next year, but I have a decent collection stored.

Thanks for the offer, Rich. I've got virtually every Sox card going back to 1960, and quite a few before that, too. They are all lovingly organized in binders in the basement where Mrs. PHG allows me to keep them.