PDA

View Full Version : Sox in Cleveland July 16

DaveIsHere
01-22-2005, 07:33 PM
DaveIsHere and DavesWifeIsHere are planning a trip to Cleveland for a game on July 16th, we are looking at the Shraton downtown that is suppose to be within walking distance of the stadium. Where do the Sox stay when in Cleveland and where is a good place to go to maybe run into some saox players in the evening?? Thanks for your help

whitesoxwilkes
01-22-2005, 08:07 PM
DaveIsHere and DavesWifeIsHere are planning a trip to Cleveland for a game on July 16th, we are looking at the Shraton downtown that is suppose to be within walking distance of the stadium. Where do the Sox stay when in Cleveland and where is a good place to go to maybe run into some saox players in the evening?? Thanks for your help

The Marriott just a little bit south and west of the Jake. Stayed there last summer...nice hotel.

SaltyPretzel
01-22-2005, 09:56 PM

I'm not sure where they're staying in Cleveland, but before I went to Seattle, I just gave the Sox a call and asked. I met several players at the hotel bar and had a great time.

ilsox7
01-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Stay at the Embassy Suites. 5 minute walk to the park. 5 minute walk to several good bars. Lived across the street from it and a nice place. Just a suggestion!

pinwheels3530
01-23-2005, 05:15 AM

I went to Cleveland at the end of last summer it's a great ballpark. The Sox stay at the Ritz Carlton located in I think it's called City Towers or Tower Point in downtown Cleveland just a few blocks from the Jake. City Towers is a lot like the Water Tower a mall set up on different floors in a downtown city.

ilsox7
01-23-2005, 06:14 AM
I went to Cleveland at the end of last summer it's a great ballpark. The Sox stay at the Ritz Carlton located in I think it's called City Towers or Tower Point in downtown Cleveland just a few blocks from the Jake. City Towers is a lot like the Water Tower a mall set up on different floors in a downtown city.

Tower City Mall. Which is connected to the Gateway District where the Jake is located. Nice, but expensive.