PDA

View Full Version : Complaints about latest Sox Mailer

John Barrett
01-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I got mine yesterday and found at least 2 mistakes... #1 in the "top 10 reasons to be a sox fan" they list HR hitters frank, Carlos, and paulie and the other miscue was when showing the terrace it is a picture from 2 years ago ... the upper deak is still 8 rows bigger etc. ....nice brooks!

oeo
01-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Just a question, but does Brooks actually send these out personally? Or are there staff members that do this kind of work, kind of like the website.

Brian26
01-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Just a question, but does Brooks actually send these out personally? Or are there staff members that do this kind of work, kind of like the website.

Brooks sends out eveything personally. He's in charge of licking all of the envelopes and placing the stamps on the brochures. During slow periods, he helps Roger Bossard mow the outfield grass too.

John Barrett
01-21-2005, 12:59 PM

Doesn't matter ... his name is on the door of the marketing office ...

Foulke You
01-21-2005, 02:45 PM
I got mine yesterday and found at least 2 mistakes... #1 in the "top 10 reasons to be a sox fan" they list HR hitters frank, Carlos, and paulie and the other miscue was when showing the terrace it is a picture from 2 years ago ... the upper deak is still 8 rows bigger etc. ....nice brooks!

Ok, I guarantee the mailers were printed weeks before Carlos was traded. Are we really that concerned about the marketing mailers? Wow, some people really DO complain about everything. I got one of these too and thought it had a lot of nice pictures of the team and am happy that the team is targeting season ticket sales to increase the fanbase so our team won't have to be so dependant on walk-up sales to fill the park.

SOXintheBURGH
01-21-2005, 02:46 PM
:whocares

Soxzilla
01-21-2005, 03:23 PM
:whocares
As a person who writes for a newspaper, I hate when people bitch about these things.

zach074
01-21-2005, 07:20 PM

Wow it sure is a tragic day in Chicago.

JKryl
01-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Brooks sends out eveything personally. He's in charge of licking all of the envelopes and placing the stamps on the brochures. During slow periods, he helps Roger Bossard mow the outfield grass too.

Exactly. Brooks was going to get a couple of staff assistants to help, but someone told JR that Illinois just raised the minimum wage again. :D: