PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about "CubsFest"

The Big Squirt
01-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Is there any possible way that Hendry get taken to task by the sheep? Or are they still too busy grazing in the urinal?

Palehose13
01-20-2005, 01:44 PM
I can't see them complaining. From what I see, they're content with Nomar.

Uncle_Patrick
01-20-2005, 02:29 PM
I can't see them complaining. From what I see, they're content with Nomar.

Nah, they will complain about Sham-me. Even the most oblivous Cubs fans have seen through his b.s. Someone will complain about their lack of a quality closer. I doubt you'll anything like SoxFest 2004, though.

FedEx227
01-20-2005, 06:47 PM
No, because Cub fans are morons

"How well do you think Henry Blanco will fit into our future plans?!"

and

"Thats great you got Barett for another 3 years....he had that awesome game, I think!"

"Beltran wouldn't have fit our plans ANYWAY!"

....Cub fans CANNOT be critical of themselves, so I expect another love fest kissing Nomar's ass, and talking about how taking the names of their jeresys make them even cooler then they were before.

DumpJerry
01-20-2005, 06:54 PM
They'll whine about Scammy still being with them, but won't go nuts over the issue. They will be giddy about Nomar and convinced Maggs is behind the curtin signing the contract....................................

Bottom line: they won't be in the post season. When it comes to that team and its fans, that is all that matters for me.

Ol' No. 2
01-20-2005, 08:51 PM
What do they have to complain about? They're going to the World Series this year.

samram
01-20-2005, 08:51 PM
If they start complaining, whoever is taking the abuse will simply point at Ron Santo and say "Hey, there's Hall of Fame hopeful Ron Santo! Yay!" and all will be forgotten in the name of Cubbiedumb.

SOXPHILE
01-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Cub fans have proven time & time again that that team could go 1-161, and they would still flock to the Cubs Convention in droves just so they can talk about how this is the year the curse will be broken. Yeah ! This is our year. And how even though they only won one game last year, at least Scammy hit a home run for everyone. HOORAAAAYY ! We're the greatest fans in the world ! Gee, I hope Ronny will be there so we can all sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame. He's definatly going in the Hall this year. He's so deserving. Just ask him.

FedEx227
01-20-2005, 11:57 PM
He's so deserving. Just ask him.

OOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOO!!!!! ::incoherant babbling::

Jerome
01-21-2005, 12:03 AM
(smart cub fan)

"Jim Hendry, is it true that Octavio Dotel re-signed with the A's? And if so, who else are you targeting as closer?"

(Hendry)
"Well, uh, actually, uh, if you'll look in the next both we've got John McDounaugh the head of marketing, and he'll be discussing the rich history of the Cubs convention"

(masses)
"Make Kerry Wood a Closer! Make Kerry Wood a closer!"

ALRIGHT! TWO DOWNERS GROVE POSTS IN A ROW!

Hitmen77
01-21-2005, 12:17 AM
Is there any possible way that Hendry get taken to task by the sheep?

:hawkYour what hurts?

SOXintheBURGH
01-21-2005, 12:45 AM
Cub fans have proven time & time again that that team could go 1-161, and they would still flock to the Cubs Convention in droves just so they can talk about how this is the year the curse will be broken. Yeah ! This is our year. And how even though they only won one game last year, at least Scammy hit a home run for everyone. HOORAAAAYY ! We're the greatest fans in the world ! Gee, I hope Ronny will be there so we can all sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame. He's definatly going in the Hall this year. He's so deserving. Just ask him.

:woo-woo

"I'm going to the hall of fame!? Woo!"

C-Dawg
01-22-2005, 08:01 AM
"Beltran wouldn't have fit our plans ANYWAY!"

I really, really hope someone asks about Beltran!

Viva Medias B's
01-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Actually, I bet they rip Hendry because they failed to reach the playoffs. Last year at this time, they were expecting to go 162-0 and sweep through the playoffs. Because that did not happen, I bet they roast Hendry over it.

cburns
01-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Nah, they will complain about Sham-me. Even the most oblivous Cubs fans have seen through his b.s. Someone will complain about their lack of a quality closer. I doubt you'll anything like SoxFest 2004, though.

Only reason theyve seen through his b.s. is bc the media turned against him.

Lip Man 1
01-22-2005, 02:15 PM
According to Rich King on the WGN-TV sports last night when Sosa's name was brought up by someone on the microphone the crowd booed lustily.

Lip

MRKARNO
01-22-2005, 02:45 PM
Actually, I bet they rip Hendry because they failed to reach the playoffs. Last year at this time, they were expecting to go 162-0 and sweep through the playoffs. Because that did not happen, I bet they roast Hendry over it.

I think you're right. People are mad because Sosa's still on the team, they didnt get a closer and they didnt sign a big name free agent as it appeared they might. Not all Cubs fans are stupid, especially the ones that go to the convention who tend to be a smarter bunch than the Wrigley Field crowd. I would fully expect the fans to accuse the Cubs of being cheap despite having the highest or second highest NL payroll. It will be the opposite of LoveFest....I mean SoxFest.

soxwon
01-22-2005, 06:20 PM
great pic of derek lee getting hounded by autograph hounds at cubfest.

in todays sun times. looks like he doesnt want to be bothered.

DrCrawdad
01-22-2005, 11:03 PM
According to Rich King on the WGN-TV sports last night when Sosa's name was brought up by someone on the microphone the crowd booed lustily.

Lip

My how the tide has turned. Back in '01 I attended a Cubs vs. Sox game at The Shrine with my Cub fan brother-in-law. Early in the game when Sammy came to bat I booed. I was greeted with curse word filled anger by an older husband and wife who were Cub fans. They screamed at me about how terrible it was for me to boo a former Sox player.

Now Sosa is getting booed constantly by Cub fans, during games and again now at Cub Fest. So, is it wrong to boo former players but ok to boo current players? Is that the reasoning? I don't think so. It's just now that the Cubune has turned on Sosa and so have many Cubbie fans.

JKryl
01-23-2005, 12:41 AM
Look at the up side of all this. Even God turned his back on the Scrubs today with the blizzard of the century (decade), on what should have been their biggest day. And, to think that I was all shook up just because it got a little cold for Soxfest. :redneck

Whitesox029
01-23-2005, 01:38 AM
(smart cub fan)

Oh my God I think my brain just blew a gasket.
Oxy:moron

SOXSINCE'70
01-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey, nice off season acquisitions,Hendry. :smile: :smile: :smile:

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey, nice off season acquisitions,Hendry. :smile: :smile: :smile:
He's closing in on Rob Nenn! The guy hasn't thrown a pitch at the major league level in over 2 seasons! Another amazing acquistion for the cubs bullpen along with Scott Williamson and Chad Fox. Another amazing acquisition for the cubs DL.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-23-2005, 10:04 PM
(smart cub fan)
:tealpolice:

Fake Chet Lemon
01-23-2005, 10:58 PM
The Cubs currently have THE HIGHEST payroll in the NL and they won't even make the playoffs! Hendry is very lucky Cubs fans don't know the game of baseball or he would have to go into hiding with Bartman rather than show up at Choke- I mean Cubs Fest. Cub fans aren't even upset, they know the ivy and beer is waiting for them at the Shrine. They have their priorities.

Realist
01-23-2005, 11:25 PM
They'll thank Hendry for getting rid of Steve Stone because he was obviously the reason the Cubs didn't win the World Series this year. I'm sure a few of them will then suggest they get that guy with the big glasses, Harry Carey, back because he loved the Cubs a bunch.

santo=dorf
01-23-2005, 11:50 PM
He's closing in on Rob Nenn! The guy hasn't thrown a pitch at the major league level in over 2 seasons! Another amazing acquistion for the cubs bullpen along with Scott Williamson and Chad Fox. Another amazing acquisition for the cubs DL.

You forgot Stephen Randolph! You know, the guy they figured that would offer more contribution to the Cubs than either Andy Sisco or Luke Hagerty. :rolleyes:

Hangar18
01-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Not all Cubs fans are stupid, especially the ones that go to the convention who tend to be a smarter bunch than the Wrigley Field crowd.

Actually, a great majority of their fans are imbeciles. I was listening to
Mike North monday AM and he had on the Daily Herald beat writer, and they
were comparing the crowds youd find at SoxFest to Flub Convention,
and he said he was surprised that cub fans werent surlier compared to how the teams
fortunes ended last season. He said the Questions asked by Cub fans were Puffy, Soft and otherwise Fluff Questions, (something typical
of Cub fans) whom he equated to just loving the team and organization
no matter what. He said there were numerous times that Jim Hendry
and Dusty Baker couldve been taken to task, and that they were magicians and somehow wiggled out of the situations by sidestepping the issues, changing the subject, and telling jokes and getting the crowd to Otherwise laugh and cheer and Go CUBS!

They talked about how on the flipside, when SOX Fans were Bitter last year given how their teams fortunes ended, and gave Kenny Williams
and the Organization a Verbal Beating, and Lambasted them with
very tough questions and CatCalls and Insults. I laughed because
I was there, and realized I was in the middle of something very special.
KW got credit for taking the heat and not trying to sugar-coat the issues that evening. North Laughed and said SOX fans were about to "fight Kenny" we were so mad (because of all the Free Agent Defections, Holes Created, and Holes Ignored)

God Bless Sox Fans ......

ewokpelts
01-25-2005, 07:05 PM
My how the tide has turned. Back in '01 I attended a Cubs vs. Sox game at The Shrine with my Cub fan brother-in-law. Early in the game when Sammy came to bat I booed. I was greeted with curse word filled anger by an older husband and wife who were Cub fans. They screamed at me about how terrible it was for me to boo a former Sox player.

Now Sosa is getting booed constantly by Cub fans, during games and again now at Cub Fest. So, is it wrong to boo former players but ok to boo current players? Is that the reasoning? I don't think so. It's just now that the Cubune has turned on Sosa and so have many Cubbie fans.
craw,
you hit the nail on the button...the CUBUNE turned on sosa, and the lemming followed suit...i remember the same thing in 2000...
Gene

hosieryofthegods
02-01-2005, 05:17 PM
I could imagine the cub fan interviews. You remember that Chris Farley character?

Cub Fan: You remember when you had that game and you struck out a lot of guys?

Kerry Wood: Yeah.

Cub Fan: That was great.

Kerry Wood: Yeah.
:redneck

Jerome
02-01-2005, 11:39 PM
:tealpolice:

i was actually gonna say fans, but I thought maybe I would be banned for it. :D:

C'mon. There are Cub fans who are actually smart baseball fans too. I was just trying to show Hendry's lack of moves, and how it might anger some fans at the convention.