PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Lofton

WinningUgly!
10-21-2001, 12:48 AM
Wouldn't he be a good fit for us in CF until Borchard is ready? When healthy, he's still one of the very best leadoff hitters in the game, and he doesn't do a bad job climbing the outfield walls either. I wouldn't mind seeing us sign him to a 2-3 year deal if the money is right. This would also allow us to move Durham down in the order where he belongs! It doesn't sound like Cleveland is planning on resigning him & I doubt he'd be all that pricey.

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 12:57 AM
Uh, no.

Jerry_Manuel
10-21-2001, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Wouldn't he be a good fit for us in CF until Borchard is ready?

I would say no, Borchard is going to be the starter in 2003 in my opinion.

WinningUgly!
10-21-2001, 01:06 AM
Who leads off next season, Durham? yikes!
Who plays CF? Singleton? Oh boy!

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 01:09 AM
Don't be saying that in front of CLR!

jklm
10-21-2001, 01:32 AM
Last year, we signed Sandy Alomar from the Indians. We have to learn from the past and can't make the same mistake again.

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 01:56 AM
True, we can't just be the Indians graveyard.

SOXSINCE'70
10-21-2001, 02:19 AM
:slowswing

Lofton is only a short term project at best.If he is the Lofton of 1994-96,when he was capable of stealing 50 bags a year and manufacturing runs off his speed alone,fine.But since his hamstring injuries,I have many doubts.There has been some noise about Johnny Damon,but I reguard it as rumor.Saw KW on FoxSprtsNet tonight.Says he's not willing to part with youngsters yet.I hope this isn't the start of "The Kids Can Play" part III.

CLR01
10-21-2001, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Don't be saying that in front of CLR!

No its okay. WU meant that oh boy in a good way. He is a big supporter of Chris. He has written me many emails asking for personal introductions and invites to his parties. He has also asked about a future position at ChrisSingletonrules.com. :)

WinningUgly!
10-21-2001, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by jklm
Last year, we signed Sandy Alomar from the Indians. We have to learn from the past and can't make the same mistake again.

Yeah, but Alomar is an aging catcher, who never could hit a lick! Lofton is still one of, if not the best leadoff hitter in the AL. (besides Ichiro) Just because he comes from Cleveland, just like Alomar doesn't mean he'll fall on his face like Sandy did. C'mon he would fill 2 or 3 holes at once...CF/leadoff man/another lefty bat. It makes sense, listen to me now & believe me later!

WinningUgly!
10-21-2001, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

No its okay. WU meant that oh boy in a good way. He is a big supporter of Chris. He has written me many emails asking for personal introductions and invites to his parties. He has also asked about a future position at ChrisSingletonrules.com. :)

Yeah that's it! I'm a huge supporter of Singleton. Seriously I want him on the team in '02, but hopefully it'll be as our 4th outfielder/defensive replacement.

CerberusWG
10-21-2001, 10:47 AM
Wasn't Slowswings OBP like .320? That blows for an outfielder, I'd rather have Rowand.

beausox
10-21-2001, 11:37 AM
Signing Lofton would be taking a step backwards. The reason Cleveland is willing ot let him go is because he has lost a step in the OF, and a slow Cf is something we can't not afford to have with C. Lee in LF. Lofton didn't steal 20 bases last year and hit under .270. HE IS NOT A GOOD LEAD-OFF HITTER. ROWAND OR SINGLETON WOULD OUTPERFORM LOFTON AND BOTH ARE CHEAPER.