PDA

View Full Version : Keep Hangar Away from Thursday's Sun-Times

Viva Medias B's
01-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Today's Sun-Times has about 1 pages of coverage from the Evil Empire's caravan stop in Edison Park yesterday. That is an outrage. Did any single day of SoxFest get as much space in the Sun-Times? The next time someone tries to deny that there is a pro-Cubs bias in the media, I'll offer them oceanfront property in Kansas.

Hangar18
01-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Im Pissed ......

The Big Squirt
01-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Actually, before sox fest the Sun Times had about 4 pages of Sox stuff. I was pleasantly surprised. So as much as I hate to say it, it is only fair the scrubs get it now.

maurice
01-20-2005, 12:46 PM
You might be interested in reading the articles . . . or at least the headlines. They're pretty darn negative for the cub-times. Couch says, "Cubs, Sosa deserve each other," and ridicules Dusty. DeLuca spends half a page talking about the Sosa / timebomb issue, and notes that Hendry failed to add a closer or a leadoff hitter -- "two sore spots left over from last season." He also makes it clear that Dusty doesn't know *** is going on with his own team -- e.g., he doesn't know who will fill what role and calls Alou "one of the best guys I've been around in this game." Even the small fluff piece on Garciapara raises the Sosa / timebomb issue.

It looks like the media finally is coming to grips with the notion that the cubs are in for trouble. That's nearly 180 degrees different that the cub-gasm that was last season's coverage.

hose
01-20-2005, 01:37 PM
The Sox got plenty of coverage last week for Sox Fest thats all I care about.

I could care less about any coverage for the cubs convention.