PDA

View Full Version : Latest baseless rumor from "credible" NY media source

WhiteSoxFan84
01-19-2005, 01:21 PM
One of my friends from New York sent this to me last night via AIM;

Hello fellow Met fans and mi amigos

Here is the latest news that I thought you would like to know.

According to my dominican inner circle sources, the Trade of the Century will not be announced until Delgado officially signs with a team. According to them, it will be with either Texas or the Marlins. He will not sign with the Mets.

Next week, the Venezuelan catch of the year, Mr. Magglo Ordonez will work out for the Mets and if he does well, the Mets will make him a Met.

The Trade of the Century that many of you are awaiting is on a slight delay. The players waiting to board the flight out of here(Piazza, Matsui, Floyd and Trash) have to wait for the plane to arrive first.

Those of you that think that Teixeira cant be caught might be in for a big surprise. To catch a big fish like Teixeira requires more hands to help reel in.

I repeat. Delgado is 100% not going to become a Met. Minaya is not going to go the distance with him like he did with Pedro or Beltran.

Texas is the heavy favorite to land Delgado according to my reliable sources.

He didn't tell me who, but someone sent that to him. I guess it's someone possibly from a Mets message forum or something. But he tells me this guy is real good and was first to break the Victor Zambrano and Kris Benson deals last year as well as one of the first to get the Pedro Martinez signing.

For all I know, this might be complete BS. But some of the stuff sounds real and if they do take place, I thought it'd be cool that I post it up here.

I have no idea what that "Trade of the Century" is but my guess is that it will include all those players from the Mets going to possibly Texas (?) for Mark Teixeira and company. I've been trying to get a hold of my friend and see what that's all about, as soon as I do, I'll post it up.

Ol' No. 2
01-19-2005, 01:26 PM
One of my friends from New York sent this to me last night via AIM;

He didn't tell me who, but someone sent that to him. I guess it's someone possibly from a Mets message forum or something. But he tells me this guy is real good and was first to break the Victor Zambrano and Kris Benson deals last year as well as one of the first to get the Pedro Martinez signing.

For all I know, this might be complete BS. But some of the stuff sounds real and if they do take place, I thought it'd be cool that I post it up here.

I have no idea what that "Trade of the Century" is but my guess is that it will include all those players from the Mets going to possibly Texas (?) for Mark Teixeira and company. I've been trying to get a hold of my friend and see what that's all about, as soon as I do, I'll post it up.
OK. I'll be the first to say it. ChisoxTony is now frequenting the Mets boards.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-19-2005, 01:31 PM
OK. I'll be the first to say it. ChisoxTony is now frequenting the Mets boards.

:roflmao: :rolling:
i'll have my friend get this guys IP address and we'll try to see if it matches up with chisoxtony's.

Tekijawa
01-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Magglio and Pedro, sounds like they are working towards being the All-DL team this year!

Brian26
01-19-2005, 02:13 PM
That post is harder to decipher than one of the Nostradamus passages. Very cryptic.

Clembasbal
01-19-2005, 02:19 PM
This ChiSoxTony guy is everywhere, or at least his family is.

I can do the same as that guy did on this site, I can also do the same on any other fan site.

interesting to find out if anything of this is somewhat true though.

samram
01-19-2005, 02:35 PM

What would Texas possibly want with those three guys? That's about $30 million in extra salary they would be taking on and they would supposedly give up an all-star caliber player in his mid-20s. New Yorkers have very good imaginations.

NonetheLoaiza
01-19-2005, 02:35 PM
here we go again with the rumors...

soxfan26
01-19-2005, 02:36 PM
That post is harder to decipher than one of the Nostradamus passages. Very cryptic.

But when you decipher it, the message is so clear...

The players waiting to board the flight out of here...

have to wait for the plane to arrive first.

:kukoo:

34 Inch Stick
01-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Our friend in Florida said that if you move against the Salazzo Brothers he would have no problem with it.