PDA

View Full Version : I thought it was just a torn meniscus

Tekijawa
01-19-2005, 09:36 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050118soxordonezsurgery,1,763845.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Now Magglio is admitting that it was something more too? I can't wait to see how this ends up, and if he can play this year even though he says he'll be ready for ST.

Palehose13
01-19-2005, 09:45 AM
But Weil maintained he was acting in the best interests of Ordonez and not necessarily the White Sox, a decision Schaden knows could not have been easy over here.

Hmmmmmm...wasn't he still with the White Sox at the time?

When did Boras become Magglio's agent? I thought it was after this, but I guess I was wrong.

ja1022
01-19-2005, 10:03 AM
All of this, all the fallout and everything else, caused by a pop up to shallow right field and lousy field communication.

D. TODD
01-19-2005, 10:06 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050118soxordonezsurgery,1,763845.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Now Magglio is admitting that it was something more too? I can't wait to see how this ends up, and if he can play this year even though he says he'll be ready for ST. Seems like a huge risk for Maggs to take. I hope everything works out for him even though he spoke negatively about his departure from a team that was clearly more then fair with him. Kudos to K.W. for not allowing the Sox to be held hostage waiting on Maggs, like the Astros were left dangling in the wind waiting on Beltran with no options left. K.W. handled a tough situation correctly and showed class by biting his tongue after Maggs derogatory comments about his treatment by the organization after his injury.

Palehose13
01-19-2005, 10:16 AM
All of this, all the fallout and everything else, caused by a pop up to shallow right field and lousy field communication.

Yep. Willie...why didn't you call him off??? :wink:

Fungo
01-19-2005, 10:35 AM
Yep. Willie...why didn't you call him off??? :wink:

I know your post is in teal, but that is the outfielders job to call off Willie. He's running backwards until someone calls him off. Maggs is at fault in all aspects of this saga.

SOXintheBURGH
01-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Fungo is right.. Maggs was playing RF like Sosa would, unintelligently.

chaz171
01-21-2005, 03:55 PM

No Worries, Maggs is a career DH a now........

Tekijawa
01-21-2005, 03:56 PM

Like Sammy would have been running fast enough in to have to call off a second baseman!

ja1022
01-21-2005, 04:00 PM
ESPN radio updates are saying Maggs' knee still isn't ready to be examined by any team's physicians. Things seem to keep getting worse for Maggs.

FedEx227
01-21-2005, 04:04 PM
But the Tribune says hes fine! HIS DOCTOR EVEN SAID SO!

joe250
01-21-2005, 05:02 PM

Ordonez raved to the surgeon about the food and the scenery, remarking how good it felt to "be in a country where nobody knew him and walk down the street without anybody noticing," Schaden said.

I think Mags head has gotten as big as Barry Bonds' recently...

Infallible
01-21-2005, 06:04 PM

yeah but Sammy speaks better than mags does, and thats not saying much...

Joosh
01-21-2005, 06:09 PM
I think Mags head has gotten as big as Barry Bonds' recently...

How does he have a big head, when all he said was that he enjoyed beign able to walk the streets and not have anyone recognize him. Do you think he could've walked the streets of Chicago without being poked and proded by Fans and Reporters? That statement, I think, is a little over the top.

voodoochile
01-21-2005, 06:30 PM
How does he have a big head, when all he said was that he enjoyed beign able to walk the streets and not have anyone recognize him. Do you think he could've walked the streets of Chicago without being poked and proded by Fans and Reporters? That statement, I think, is a little over the top.

You're missing the big picture...

He...

Was...

Walking...:?:

idseer
01-21-2005, 06:35 PM

i believe magglio was gone this year anyway. in fact, the 'accident' may well have precipitated him staying.