PDA

View Full Version : MLB.Tv and Broadband Advice

Irishsoxfan
01-19-2005, 04:38 AM
I was thinking of getting broadband this year to watch Sox games live on MLB.TV as the service on NASN (TV option available here) only broadcast about 10 Sox games last season, and one of those was thanks to all you WSI members who voted in their online poll. Also they don't have the rights to show the World Series live and who knows, maybe it's our year.

The advice I need is on what sort of broadband package to get. The available options if I wish to use the existing phone line are 4GB & 8GB download limits per month. I would prefer a wireless option so that rules out the cable TV version (with unlimited download size). My question, how many Sox games would it take to use up the 4GB limit?

Thanks.

Edit: Incorrect use of deep pink in my original post. I was aiming for optimism not a pipe dream.

nccwsfan
01-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I was thinking of getting broadband this year to watch Sox games live on MLB.TV as the service on NASN (TV option available here) only broadcast about 10 Sox games last season, and one of those was thanks to all you WSI members who voted in their online poll. Also they don't have the rights to show the World Series live and who knows, maybe it's our year.

The advice I need is on what sort of broadband package to get. The available options if I wish to use the existing phone line are 4GB & 8GB download limits per month. I would prefer a wireless option so that rules out the cable TV version (with unlimited download size). My question, how many Sox games would it take to use up the 4GB limit?

Thanks.

I believe each MLB.TV game would be a file size of 300-500 MB, depending on how long the game goes. Most of the games I've purchased were around 375-400MB. I would go with the 8GB option if it's available, and that should allow you several games per week. Hope that helps and good luck! :smile:

Irishsoxfan
01-19-2005, 08:31 AM
Wow, they're big files. Still a few games per week would be enough as my timezone makes it difficult to watch it all live and work too. Clearly though 4GB a month would not be enough. Thanks