PDA

View Full Version : No Arbitration for Sox this year. Vizcaino signs!

Grobber33
01-18-2005, 01:39 PM
No aggravation of Salary Arbitration for the Sox this year!! Luis Vizcaino is now in the fold. www.grobber.com

Tekijawa
01-18-2005, 01:44 PM
LES with the SCOOOP!

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2005, 01:48 PM
No aggravation of Salary Arbitration for the Sox this year!! Luis Vizcaino is now in the fold. www.grobber.com (http://www.grobber.com)Good news. I'm straining my memory banks trying to recall the last Sox player to go to arbitration. I think it's been a while. Didn't Garland go to arbitration one year? Anyone?

Grobber33
01-18-2005, 01:50 PM
LES with the SCOOOP!

Nice to beat both of my struggling former Stations,even on a small item(things are all relative of course)like this.

A scoop of Vanilla on a cold day like this,thinking Baseball is all good!!! Just booked my first of two trips to Arizona for March 13,,leave right after the Illlini(hopefully)wrap of the Big Ten Tourney in the UC. Monday the 14th,the Sox and Cubs play in Ho Ho Kam.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-18-2005, 01:54 PM
A scoop of Vanilla on a cold day like this,thinking Baseball is all good!!! Just booked my first of two trips to Arizona for March 13,,leave right after the Illlini(hopefully)wrap of the Big Ten Tourney in the UC. Monday the 14th,the Sox and Cubs play in Ho Ho Kam.

Did you get tickets to that game yet? My friend's mom bought a few for him and she said the line was HUGE. All you can find on TicketMaster is lawn and grandstand seats.

I'm sure the Grobster has SOME kind of connections though :smile: .

Grobber33
01-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Did you get tickets to that game yet? My friend's mom bought a few for him and she said the line was HUGE. All you can find on TicketMaster is lawn and grandstand seats.

I'm sure the Grobster has SOME kind of connections though :smile: .

Lawn seats in both Ho Ho Kam and TEP(Tuscon)are great. Cant beat the Sun and 77* heat!!

tsamdog
01-18-2005, 01:58 PM
Good news. I'm straining my memory banks trying to recall the last Sox player to go to arbitration. I think it's been a while. Didn't Garland go to arbitration one year? Anyone?

No.2 - I believe the Sox avoided arbitration in '03 with a Nov. signing.

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2005, 02:27 PM
No.2 - I believe the Sox avoided arbitration in '03 with a Nov. signing.I looked it up. Keith Foulke in 2001 was the last Sox player to go to arbitration.

tsamdog
01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I looked it up. Keith Foulke in 2001 was the last Sox player to go to arbitration.

Interesting. Does that speak to KW's relationship with a majority of agents, or is this a trend for many teams?

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Interesting. Does that speak to KW's relationship with a majority of agents, or is this a trend for many teams?I think it's the trend. You don't see more than a dozen arbitration cases a year in all of MLB, and most years it's less.

Who was keeping the payroll numbers? Time for an update with Rowand and Vizcaino's salaries. This should put them over $70M.

tsamdog
01-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I think it's the trend. You don't see more than a dozen arbitration cases a year in all of MLB, and most years it's less.

Who was keeping the payroll numbers? Time for an update with Rowand and Vizcaino's salaries. This should put them over $70M.

My math may be wrong, but it looks like 70,672,500. That's adding 1.66 mil for Rowand and 750K for Viscaino.

jabrch
01-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I think it's the trend. You don't see more than a dozen arbitration cases a year in all of MLB, and most years it's less.

No way is our payroll going to be over 70mm. JR is cheap.

batmanZoSo
01-18-2005, 06:18 PM
No way is our payroll going to be over 70mm. JR is cheap.

Hey, we showed up more last year and they put it back into the team. Gotta respect that. Let's hope for a huge year in 05, and in turn an even bigger payroll. I don't think that's being too naive, after all there is precedent with that.

markopat
01-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Another Set-Up Guy?? Interesting Stats...Thoughts?

The Chicago White Sox agreed to terms with their last arbitration-eligible player Tuesday, securing pitcher Luis Vizcaino for the 2005 season with a $1.3 million contract.

The 30-year-old right-hander was 4-4 with one save and a 3.75 ERA in a team-high 73 appearances for Milwaukee in 2004. He was acquired by the White Sox on Dec. 13 along with outfielder Scott Podsednik and minor leaguer Travis Hinton in exchange for Carlos Lee. Vizcaino held opponents to a .228 (61-for-267) average last season, including just .163 (21-for-129) against left-handed batters, which ranked second among National League relievers. He is expected to serve in a setup capacity for manager Ozzie Guillen's team in 2005.