PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone win anything at Soxfest?

HITMEN OF 77
01-18-2005, 12:57 PM
In the drawings, I won a chance to buy 4 Cubs Sox tickets for Sat or Sun in the upper deck. I haven't decided if I want them yet or not. I guess I could get them, sell them and make some $$. I got a 9 game plan so I have box seats for the Fri game.

jabrch
01-18-2005, 01:03 PM
In the drawings, I won a chance to buy 4 Cubs Sox tickets for Sat or Sun in the upper deck. I haven't decided if I want them yet or not. I guess I could get them, sell them and make some $$. I got a 9 game plan so I have box seats for the Fri game.

If you decide not to take them, I'll buy them from you.

Rocky Soprano
01-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I won the same thing, I will be buying mine.

jake27
01-18-2005, 02:26 PM
i won an ozzie guillen autograph in the pencil pull thing :D:

ewokpelts
01-18-2005, 02:44 PM
From what I gather, the Sox/Cub offer expired Sunday when the show ended. My girlfriend won Sunday, and they told her" You got 15 minutes to redeem it". We bought the tickets immediately. All they were selling was Upper Deck.

I suggest calling the Sox and confirming this.
Gene

Iwritecode
01-18-2005, 02:58 PM
From what I gather, the Sox/Cub offer expired Sunday when the show ended. My girlfriend won Sunday, and they told her" You got 15 minutes to redeem it". We bought the tickets immediately. All they were selling was Upper Deck.

I suggest calling the Sox and confirming this.
Gene

I've heard from other people that have gotten emails saying they have until the 21st. It also says that you have to redeem it at the Sox box office.

Pretty difficult for somebody that came to Soxfest from out of town. Someone else said they were able to get the tickets via email...

Rocky Soprano
01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
I've heard from other people that have gotten emails saying they have until the 21st. It also says that you have to redeem it at the Sox box office.

Pretty difficult for somebody that came to Soxfest from out of town. Someone else said they were able to get the tickets via email...

You are correct. I just got this e-mail. Guess I will be dropping by the park very soon.

soxwon
01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
i just got an email saying i won a chance for cubs-sox tix.

but i have to 6pm friday to get to the park.

i cant get down there by friday, i work to 4:30 pm
and i cant leave work early, this sucks!!!

why cant they have it by saturday, its nuts!!!

ewokpelts
01-18-2005, 06:13 PM
i just got an email saying i won a chance for cubs-sox tix.

but i have to 6pm friday to get to the park.

i cant get down there by friday, i work to 4:30 pm
and i cant leave work early, this sucks!!!

why cant they have it by saturday, its nuts!!!
call or email them...i'm sure they can work something out....
Gene

soxwon
01-18-2005, 06:42 PM
i called my agent he said copy the letter, copy my id and send payment to him, he will get it to the box office.

HITMEN OF 77
01-18-2005, 06:57 PM
They told me I had two weeks to decide. Maybe since I live further away?

SpammySosa
01-18-2005, 08:31 PM

I got a pissed off looking mini-beanbag baseball(say that fast 5 times) from the pencil pull. And the pencil was a SCRUBS pencil-YIKES! Took me about 5 hours to wash the Cubbie stench from my hands.:wink:

Brian26
01-19-2005, 01:06 PM
They told me I had two weeks to decide. Maybe since I live further away?

They definitely gave you some perks because of that.

StillMissOzzie
01-19-2005, 01:39 PM
I got a pissed off looking mini-beanbag baseball(say that fast 5 times) from the pencil pull. And the pencil was a SCRUBS pencil-YIKES! Took me about 5 hours to wash the Cubbie stench from my hands.:wink:

Then why did you PICK the sCrUBBIE pencil in the first place? You should have known that there would be no good prizes from a sCrUBS pencil from WCSF!! Did that need to be in teal?

I won a Magglio bobblehead at the pencil pull!

SMO
:gulp:

SpammySosa
01-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Then why did you PICK the sCrUBBIE pencil in the first place? You should have known that there would be no good prizes from a sCrUBS pencil from WCSF!! Did that need to be in teal?

I won a Magglio bobblehead at the pencil pull!

SMO
:gulp:

If a diamond can come from coal, I was curious what could come from crap. :D:

alohafri
01-19-2005, 10:27 PM

I won a pencil in the pencil pull!:bandance:

pinwheels3530
01-20-2005, 04:18 AM
I received the same e mail for the Sox/cubs series. I will definitely buy some.

thepaulbowski
01-20-2005, 08:21 AM
I got a letter yesterday stating that I could buy tickets to one of Sox vs Cubs games. Debating on what to do with that.

Rocky Soprano
01-20-2005, 09:57 AM
I got a letter yesterday stating that I could buy tickets to one of Sox vs Cubs games. Debating on what to do with that.

If you dont want the tickets, I will buy them off from you.

thepaulbowski
01-21-2005, 12:42 PM
If you dont want the tickets, I will buy them off from you.

If I decide to get rid of them I will give you first crack at them.

Rocky Soprano
01-21-2005, 12:52 PM
If I decide to get rid of them I will give you first crack at them.

Thanks, I appreciate that!

steff
01-21-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks, I appreciate that!

Good grief Rocky... how many tickets do you need...??? :D:

Rocky Soprano
01-21-2005, 05:28 PM
Good grief Rocky... how many tickets do you need...??? :D:

hahahaha, Well I've asked two people so Im hoping one of them does sell them to me. I would then sell them at cost to some of my Sox friends that always ask me to help them get tickets.

Today I picked up my Sox-Cub tickets for the Saturday game.

Hopefully I'll finally be able to meet you, I saw you from afar at Soxfest but didnt get to introduce myself.

By the way did you get the wristband just using one stamp?

steff
01-21-2005, 05:46 PM
hahahaha, Well I've asked two people so Im hoping one of them does sell them to me. I would then sell them at cost to some of my Sox friends that always ask me to help them get tickets.

Today I picked up my Sox-Cub tickets for the Saturday game.

Hopefully I'll finally be able to meet you, I saw you from afar at Soxfest but didnt get to introduce myself.

By the way did you get the wristband just using one stamp?

Yea.. one stamp. I was reminded however that PayPal charges a fee for using it so I have to figure out what that is. I'm only charging the $2, $0.37 for the stamp, and the actual fees even though I got hosed on the shipping from them.

ewokpelts
01-21-2005, 05:49 PM
Yea.. one stamp. I was reminded however that PayPal charges a fee for using it so I have to figure out what that is. I'm only charging the $2, $0.37 for the stamp, and the actual fees even though I got hosed on the shipping from them.
I think it's 2.5 percent....it can be brutal. Depending on your status, you may not be able to accept credit card payments.
Gene

steff
01-21-2005, 05:50 PM
I think it's 2.5 percent....it can be brutal. Depending on your status, you may not be able to accept credit card payments.
Gene

I have before. Larger than $3 though..

Rocky Soprano
01-21-2005, 05:51 PM

Thanks for the info! :D:

P.S. Do you have any Sox-Cubs tickets you want to sell? :roflmao:

steff
01-21-2005, 05:52 PM
P.S. Do you have any Sox-Cubs tickets you want to sell? :roflmao:

LMAO!! :kneeslap:

Brian26
01-21-2005, 08:35 PM
Gene

30 cents plus 2.9% of the total transaction.

Brian26
01-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Gene

By the way-

Where it really is brutal is for people who are trying to sell a large number of low-priced items on Ebay (ironically exactly what Steff was going to do).

I listed a bunch of old Star Wars figures on Ebay about a month ago during the free-listing day. Some of them sold for 5 or 6 bucks. Others only sold for a dollar. I requested that people only pay me with paypal using bank funds or paypal funds (no credit card payments). After you subtract your final value fee plus 30 cents for paypal in addition to the 2.9% for paypal (and subtract the initial listing fee if you didn't list them on a free-listing day), you're looking at almost no profit. Ebay/paypal have quite a scam going for people who aren't paying attention. There are ways around it- most of them consist of jacking up your shipping price to add some profit in that way.

On larger-priced items, the 30 cents plus 2.9% isn't such a big deal.

Brian26
01-21-2005, 08:47 PM
LMAO!! :kneeslap:

:D: Hahahaha. That's a GOOD one! Whooo hoo!

Why would she want to sell them when she already agreed to give them to me for free???? :D:

:bandance: