PDA

View Full Version : Shock! Cheap Sox merchandise Made in China

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Glancing at my Sox Pride band....i noticed it was "Made in China" :o: I know the proceeds go to charites but come on now....:(:

Daver
01-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Glancing at my Sox Pride band....i noticed it was "Made in China" :o: I know the proceeds go to charites but come on now....:(:

There are almost no textiles made in this country anymore, it has been that way for years. The bulk product is produced here, but little else.

MRKARNO
01-17-2005, 11:10 PM
:threadsucks

I dont see why it matters that it is made in China and it's simply a matter of fact that as China's government and economy allows for the world's lowest wages that a lot of stuff is going to be produced there.

Nick@Nite
01-17-2005, 11:12 PM
China's government and economy allows for the world's lowest wages that a lot of stuff is going to be produced there.

or counterfeited there...

btw... my lance armstrong bracelet says made in china.

pearso66
01-18-2005, 01:31 AM
I won't post a website here, but the company I work for actually produces those types bracelets in the US for cheaper and at a faster pace than anyone can get them from China. And we've found that a lot of people are happier to be buying it when it is made in the US, even Wal-mart

doublem23
01-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Where have you been for the last 20 years? China's huge population and blossoming capitalist market make it s prime target for manufacturing jobs we just don't want in the U.S. any more. Since the days of deindustrialization, the only real jobs left in America are either in corporate offices or the service industry. Probably 50% of what you own was made in China.

Products made in the U.S.A. are too expensive for the American market.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-18-2005, 08:37 AM
OKOK...sorry dudes....i know all that stuff about china im just pointing that out.

pearso66
01-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Where have you been for the last 20 years? China's huge population and blossoming capitalist market make it s prime target for manufacturing jobs we just don't want in the U.S. any more. Since the days of deindustrialization, the only real jobs left in America are either in corporate offices or the service industry. Probably 50% of what you own was made in China.

Products made in the U.S.A. are too expensive for the American market.

Fortunately, I have heard that they are working to devalue the American Dollar closer to the Chinese money, that way we can possibly get more manufacturing jobs back in the states, and in turn, create more jobs. :supernana: