PDA

View Full Version : When Steinbrenner is Gone

Gail Hopkins
01-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Whom is gonna run the Yankees? Whom is gonna assume that payroll? Not every rich person can bank that team for long. Sorry, to hear about Reinsdorf in the Hospital today. Hope he recovers just fine. Whom is gonna take over his spot? The other part-owners? Maybe this should be thought of now! Before they end up being owned by Comcast, or someother Corporate entity.

mcfish
01-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Whom is gonna run the Yankees? Whom is gonna assume that payroll? Not every rich person can bank that team for long. Sorry, to hear about Reinsdorf in the Hospital today. Hope he recovers just fine. Whom is gonna take over his spot? The other part-owners? Maybe this should be thought of now! Before they end up being owned by Comcast, or someother Corporate entity.
Welcome :smile: .

As for your question, if it was about JR, I'm sure there is a plan in place. JR is, if nothing else, a good businessman. He would be at least somewhat prepared for something that would force an extended absense from himself.

About the Yankees, I'm no expert, but I would imagine that there are a large number of people/corporations that would salivate over the opportunity to buy the Yankees. Don't worry too much about that franchise.

Daver
01-17-2005, 09:59 PM

The best thing that could happen to baseball is if a huge corporation bought the Yankees.

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2005, 09:59 PM
Whom is gonna run the Yankees? Whom is gonna assume that payroll? Not every rich person can bank that team for long. Sorry, to hear about Reinsdorf in the Hospital today. Hope he recovers just fine. Whom is gonna take over his spot? The other part-owners? Maybe this should be thought of now! Before they end up being owned by Comcast, or someother Corporate entity.Steinbrenner is not bankrolling the team with his own money. If anything, he's making a profit.

And...:welcome:

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Steinbrenner is not bankrolling the team with his own money. If anything, he's making a profit.

And...:welcome:

Yeah...I'm sure Big Stein is doing quite handsomly as far as his financials. He wouldn't pay it if he wasn't making money from it

Lip Man 1
01-17-2005, 11:23 PM
I believe George's son who ran the team during his exile over the Dave Winfield situation will take over.

As far as Uncle Jerry that's a very good question. He has already stated publicly when he did his interview with WTTW-TV last May that his son and family have no interest in running the team after he is gone.

Lip

MRKARNO
01-17-2005, 11:27 PM
The best thing that could happen to baseball is if a huge corporation bought the Yankees.

Especially Wal-Mart, knowing how well they pay their employees.

wdelaney72
01-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Yankee Stadium would be renamed "Sam's Choice Field".

I like it.

Nick@Nite
01-18-2005, 10:03 AM
It will be interesting to see how the Yankee organization responds when Steinbrenner is no longer running that show.

Philosophically, I believe a process is only as good as to the dedication of the process owner. Once he's gone, I doubt the Yankee organization will quake with fear and have "I want it now" type orders issued when somethings goes awry.

Iwritecode
01-18-2005, 10:50 AM
As far as Uncle Jerry that's a very good question. He has already stated publicly when he did his interview with WTTW-TV last May that his son and family have no interest in running the team after he is gone.

Lip

I'm sure they'll be able to find somebody to take JR's 5% stake in the team...

idseer
01-18-2005, 10:58 AM

i'm kind of hoping the makers of 'slinky' take over.

Lip Man 1
01-18-2005, 11:18 AM
I write code:

That's my guess, since as I understand it, under the current guidelines it would be practically impossible for all the owners to agree on selling should a buyer come forth.

What I would like to know (perhaps Steff has this information) is how many of the owners would have to agree to sell in order to make such a thing possible.

Are we talking about everyone having to agree? (100%) a super majority (75%) or just a simple majority (51%).

Lip

ewokpelts
01-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Then I guess the yankees board will have to select a new chairman. Ironically, I was reading an old si today that had an article on King George. He did mention the possibility of one of his kids taking over, but hasnt set up a succession plan yet.

Could be worse...maybe the yankees will bring in one of George old buisness partners...
:dollarbill:
It's time to run the Yankees like the Blackhawks!

:tool
There goes my money train!

AZChiSoxFan
01-18-2005, 03:32 PM

:tealpolice: