PDA

View Full Version : Deep Thoughts Only! Who's the Biggest Baseball Tool?

Harris=God
01-17-2005, 07:42 PM
Who is the biggest tool in all of sports? IMO it Joe Buck. What do you think.

OurBitchinMinny
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
Dick Vitale

Max Kellerman

Chris Rose

Daver
01-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Bud Selig.

FarWestChicago
01-17-2005, 09:36 PM
Bud Selig.:thumbsup:

Norberto7
01-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Darryl Strawberry

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Jim Rome. PHENOMINAL!

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-17-2005, 09:57 PM
uh....

Dusty Baker.......

Flight #24
01-17-2005, 10:13 PM
:moron
"Hey, you forgetting about me? I am, after all, the self-proclaimed king of Chicago sports media"

Lip Man 1
01-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Proud To Be Your Bud Selig.

Lip

Infallible
01-17-2005, 10:54 PM
John "Boom" Madden

Viva Medias B's
01-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Mike North. Great impact he's had on WSCR's ratings, eh?

ja1022
01-18-2005, 11:19 AM
Pete Rose and Sammy "The Gladiator" Sosa were the first to come to mind, but the list would be huge. Bonds, Randys Moss and Johnson, Tim McCarver, Ron Artest, it keeps going and going.......

ChiSoxRowand
01-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Mike North, Mike Patrick, Paul Maguire, and Joe Theisman

SOXintheBURGH
01-18-2005, 11:39 AM
Dick Vitale.It makes me so happy every year knowing that annoying ACC allegied dinkus doesn't get to be involved in the Final Four.

ja1022
01-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Dick Vitale.It makes me so happy every year knowing that annoying ACC allegied dinkus doesn't get to be involved in the Final Four.

You'd have to throw in the anti-Vitale also---Billy Packer.

ND_Sox_Fan
01-18-2005, 12:36 PM
After Bud Ice Selig, I have to go with:

:boston , Tom Jackson, Chris Berman, and Bill Walton

whitesoxwilkes
01-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Bud Selig
Dusty Baker
John Madden
Nomar Garciaparra
Peter Gammons
Randy Moss (I couldn't care less about the mooning, I just can't stand his attitude)

Tekijawa
01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
I've always feared that one day Bill Walton and Dick Vitale would be paired together with Isaiah Thomas as the "side line" guy....

Jim Roam
Max Immerman (or what ever his last name is)
Jimmy Kimmle only makes me laugh when he does Karl Malone...
Moronotti of course...

MUsoxfan
01-18-2005, 12:49 PM
I've always feared that one day Bill Walton and Dick Vitale would be paired together with Isaiah Thomas as the "side line" guy....

http://origin.nba.com/media/walton_170_020428.jpg

"TAKE IT TO THE HOLE, BIG MAN!"

Nick@Nite
01-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I always thought "tool" was the same as "shill", "lackey" or maybe a simple "yes man".

Someone please define "tool" for me... because a couple of examples listed aren't yes men, imo.

MUsoxfan
01-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I always thought "tool" was the same as "shill", "lackey" or maybe a simple "yes man".

Someone please define "tool" for me... because a couple of examples listed aren't yes men, imo.

I interpreted (as many others probably did) tool = ass

Nick@Nite
01-18-2005, 01:10 PM
I interpreted (as many others probably did) tool = ass

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :cool:

ja1022
01-21-2005, 03:07 PM
I nominate, from our own backyard, the very forgetable David Terrell.

Realist
01-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Bill Wirtz. End of discussion. :cool:

SoxSpeed22
01-21-2005, 03:58 PM
its gotta be Moronotti, he only picks a side cuz it does better, then they fall off and he switches, if that ain't a tool what is?

chaz171
01-21-2005, 04:03 PM
How about anyone who walks thru the gates of the Urinal!

mjharrison72
01-21-2005, 04:15 PM
I freaking hate Terry Bradshaw.

wood28
01-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Chris Berman, Moronotti and the Tom Arnold of Fox's Best Damn Sports Show

Mohoney
01-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Bill Wirtz. End of discussion. :cool:

We have a winner.

BRDSR
01-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Jim Rome. PHENOMINAL!

You sir, are correct. I was ecastic when he got bumped from WMVP. If I had to hear him refer to his own show as "The Jungle" one more time I'd have gone nuts. Last summer he was on vacation for a week and brought in five different hosts for the show. All five were better than he was. I wrote him an email urging him to do us all a favor and go on vacation every week, but he didn't read it on the air. I was pretty confident he would, too.

SoxxoS
01-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Sean Salisbury is a tool. John Clayton is a tool, but seems like a good guy.

Bill Wirtz. Mike Morth. Shammy. Michael Irvin. The list can go on.

Nick@Nite
01-21-2005, 08:57 PM
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

Nick@Nite
01-21-2005, 09:10 PM
You sir, are correct. I was ecastic when he got bumped from WMVP. If I had to hear him refer to his own show as "The Jungle" one more time I'd have gone nuts. Last summer he was on vacation for a week and brought in five different hosts for the show. All five were better than he was. I wrote him an email urging him to do us all a favor and go on vacation every week, but he didn't read it on the air. I was pretty confident he would, too.

I'm not try to change your mind, mind you...

Rome came up with a great idea (imo) for a format and it blew up big time. Now all the ESPN radio types (Dan Patrick included) are all looking up at the "jungle"... even the callers calling into these ESPN shows pattern their "takes" after Rome's "clones".

Now, that is ... ... ... Hilarious. :cool:

War Jim Rome. :wink:

the_valenstache
01-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Sean Salisbury is a tool. John Clayton is a tool, but seems like a good guy.

I've often dove for the remote control when their little 4 downs schtick comes on during Sportscenter. Most annoying sports-themed thing on television (well, besides Cold Pizza).

And, although not exactly a tool, Stuart Scott has become a victim of my mute button several times now. His material is so tired that he makes Jay Leno look like Lenny freakin' Bruce.

delben91
01-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Bill Wirtz is an excellent call.

After that, the announcing team for ESPN's Sunday Night Football drives me nuts. That telecast and the Joe Buck/Tim McCarver Fox baseball broadcasts are usually watched on mute if I'm watching on my own TV. Can't say if it's one specific member of each broadcasting team that irks me, or if the combination throws me over the top.

JKryl
01-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Bud Selig

Barry Bonds

StillMissOzzie
01-23-2005, 01:36 AM
There's a lot of thread hijacking going on here, with all of the non-baseball names served up. Bill Wirtz, Randy Moss, Stewart Scott, Michael Irvin, etc. are all good nominations but they aren't baseball!

That's why I'm nominating Scott Boras for the Lifetime Achievement award. Not just for his valuable contributions to the Maggs situation, but I honestly think he's bad for baseball.

SMO
:angry:

fquaye149
01-23-2005, 05:12 AM
I'm not try to change your mind, mind you...

Rome came up with a great idea (imo) for a format and it blew up big time. Now all the ESPN radio types (Dan Patrick included) are all looking up at the "jungle"... even the callers calling into these ESPN shows pattern their "takes" after Rome's "clones".

Now, that is ... ... ... Hilarious. :cool:

War Jim Rome. :wink:

RACK HIM!

SOXSINCE'70
01-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Bud Selig.

:hawk

"YYYYYYYYYYESSSSSSS!!"

Whitesox029
01-23-2005, 10:35 AM
There's a lot of thread hijacking going on here, with all of the non-baseball names served up. Bill Wirtz, Randy Moss, Stewart Scott, Michael Irvin, etc. are all good nominations but they aren't baseball!

That's why I'm nominating Scott Boras for the Lifetime Achievement award. Not just for his valuable contributions to the Maggs situation, but I honestly think he's bad for baseball.

SMO
:angry:
By the thread title, you are right, but if you look at the first post in the thread, it reads...
I cannot believe it took til the 24th post for someone to mention Wirtz. Surely the owner of the SI-proclaimed worst organization in all of sports would have some reach in this field. Along with Wirtz, Bettman and Goodenow are up there too.

Palehose13
01-23-2005, 11:02 AM
I was sure this guy: would have been mentioned :shammy

"Beisball has been berry, berry good to me."
"Too bad for beisball I don't return the favor."

SpammySosa
01-23-2005, 11:47 AM
I was sure this guy: would have been mentioned :shammy

"Beisball has been berry, berry good to me."

"Too bad for beisball I don't return the favor."

Actually, he was a couple times but I will cast another vote for him as well. In addition:
Another vote for Barry Bonds
Uncle Jerry
John Rocker (though I think he is retarded,er retired)
Roger Clemens
Pedro Martinez

The_Floridian
01-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Kenesaw Mountain Landis

Wow...let's take a moment to recognize what a kick ass nomination this is right here. Landis did more to delay the arrival of black players in the majors than anyone in baseball.

I've seen some serious tools nominated so far, but this cat was on a whole other level.

Hell of a nomination Nick.

Shorty1983
01-26-2005, 01:47 AM
http://images5.theimagehosting.com/sammyfro.1.gif
We can all agree on this.

doublem23
01-26-2005, 02:13 AM
Skip Bayless.

Still can't stand him.

SOXintheBURGH
01-26-2005, 09:00 AM
I have to renominate Vitale.. I could hardly even watch the Wisky/UofI game last night because of his voice. The guy flat out ruins college basketball, something I love.

Risk
01-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Baseball

Players--Scammy Soso

GM/Management--Bud "Light" Selig

Announcers--Joe Buck (self loathing ding bat)

Columnists--Jay "the Douchebag of Sports Journalism" Mariotti--who ironically contributes to the same paper as John Stewart's "Douchebag of Liberty" Bob Novak.

Football

Players--Randy Moss

G/M Management--Matt Millen

Announcers--Chris(tina) Collinsworth

Basketball (pro and college)

Players--Ron Artest (thought this one would be a tough choice, but his actions this year speaks incredible volumes as to his character)

Kobe Bryant--see above

G/M Management--Isiah Thomas

Announcers--Dick Vitale--his Duke butt-kissing was almost unbearable last night during the Illini-Wisconsin game

Bill Walton--shut up hippie

Risk

SOXintheBURGH
01-26-2005, 11:14 AM
Bill Walton--shut up hippie

Risk

Couldn't of said it better myself. :)

AZChiSoxFan
01-26-2005, 11:26 AM

Totally agree!!

mjharrison72
01-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I have to renominate Vitale.. I could hardly even watch the Wisky/UofI game last night because of his voice. The guy flat out ruins college basketball, something I love.
I wanted to mute it as well... he actually used the word "scintillating." Like he was looking through the dictionary and came upon a word nobody ever uses in sports broadcasting and sneaked it in.

Jerome
01-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Dick Vitale
Bud Selig.
Darryl Strawberry
Jim Rome. PHENOMINAL!
Dusty Baker.......
John "Boom" Madden
Mike North.
Bill Wirtz.
Chris Berman
Barry Bonds

How am I supposed to pick one between all those?

SpammySosa
01-27-2005, 05:32 PM
I want to add Ronnie Woo Woo to my other nominations. Need I say more?

ode to veeck
01-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Bud "used car salesman" Selig, follwed by Jay Moronatti

Joel Perez
01-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Biggest Baseball Tool is ESPN, er, the Boston Red Sox-NY Yankees Network. They always talk about the "big" markets first, give them lots of airtime, and just leave everyone else to a 30 second snapshot. What a waste of good satellite sports TV.

Other Sports Tools in no particular order:

Mike North, the self-proclaimed King of All Chicago Sports Radio. :angry:

Skip Clueless...what the hell was Romie thinking about letting this idiot on?

Andrew Siciliano - Fox Sports Radio - he talks and talks and talks like he's important and knows it all. He can be unbearable.

As much as I love Dicky V, if he rants and raves about the Dukies one more time....:angry:

...and countless many more that I'm failing to mention.