PDA

View Full Version : Gary Peters Takes A Cruise

CiscoCarlos
01-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I write for a cruise newsletter and recently received a press release of rare importance:

MSC Cruises, a fairly new cruise line that specializes in Italian food (and heavy drinking) is promoting a Baseball Legends cruise on Feb. 26 and Gary Peters of '60's White Sox fame is featured! To counter the greatness of Peters, Glenn Beckert of the 69 collapse is also going to be onboard (maybe Peters will get drunk and push him overboard).

Other celebrity baseball stars (who basically mingle with passengers in exchange for a free balcony cabin) sailing are Don Larsen, Gorman Thomas, Ron Swoboda and Earl Williams. It's a seven day sailing from Ft. Lauderdale visiting various Caribbean islands. They have another baseball cruise later on, but the only Sox featured is Stan Bahnsen (who really should have had a perfect game in the White Sox uniform--82/3 before defense sort of let him down).

Lip Man 1
01-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Cisco:

I know from speaking with Gary that he loves the water, has his own boat and is a very experienced sailor.

By the way Stan Bahnsen never came close to a perfect game...he did come close to a no hitter on 8/21/73 at Cleveland. He was one out away when former Sox Walt Williams singled past Bill Melton who was playing close for some reason. I have the audio from that half inning.

Also if somehow you can find out a way to contact Stan could you please pass it along to me...(i.e. phone number, address...)

Lip

CiscoCarlos
01-17-2005, 07:53 PM
I stand corrected. It was a no hitter. All I really remember about it was that Harry Caray almost fell out of his stool with excitement. I'll do my best to find out about contacting Bahnsen.