PDA

View Full Version : Don't wait till April...Sox radio ad

hose
01-17-2005, 05:04 PM
I about crashed the car when I heard the bit about getting stuck between 2 sumo wrestlers up in section 502 row z who were in to see Shingo.

I like the ad about the teenage kid and plasma but this new one cracked me up.:D:

Whitesox029
01-17-2005, 05:25 PM
In this one, does the guy say "9 or 13...I don't care!"? that made me laugh. He does sound like the guy who did the Blue Man Group ads.

SouthBendSox
01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
link?

sell Jerry sell

wdelaney72
01-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I heard it this weekend. Although, I like the job Brooks has done so far, I thought the ad was silly. It reminded me of the same crap we heard during the Rob Gallas era and the garbage ad put out by the Bulls.

Come on, Brooks, how do we go from the great "Sox Pride: Us v. Them" ads to this?

gobears1987
01-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I heard it this weekend. Although, I like the job Brooks has done so far, I thought the ad was silly. It reminded me of the same crap we heard during the Rob Gallas era and the garbage ad put out by the Bulls.

Come on, Brooks, how do we go from the great "Sox Pride: Us v. Them" ads to this?
That's what happens when the Cubune and Moronotti complain.

NSSoxFan2
01-17-2005, 10:43 PM
This is just early marketing. I am sure as the season draws closer the commercials both on radio and television will be higher quality.

jordan23ventura
01-18-2005, 01:25 AM

As good as the Us vs. them campaign was, I thought the 'team chemistry' ad with Paulie and Shingo was great. That one always made me laugh.

I'd like to see 'Team Chemistry Part 2' with Iguchi and Shingo having a conversation with El Duque or something.

Sad
01-18-2005, 07:58 AM
that ad was assenine-
leads you to believe by buying tix now you can sit in the premium box seats right behind the dugout
:mad:
yeah, right...
Sec 154 is more like it as they've obviously got regular lower box sections blocked off for game plans and whatever else...

ewokpelts
01-18-2005, 08:51 AM
that ad was assenine-
leads you to believe by buying tix now you can sit in the premium box seats right behind the dugout
yeah, right...
Sec 154 is more like it as they've obviously got regular lower box sections blocked off for game plans and whatever else...
havent heard the ad...but the perception of seats going fast is miles ahead of "good seats available"....
Gene

Palehose13
01-18-2005, 09:30 AM
that ad was assenine-
yeah, right...

Yeah...sorry that because I am committing to 13 games they are holding nicer seats for me.

Sad
01-18-2005, 11:41 AM
Was that radio ad for the 9- and 13- game plans? If that's the case, I'm in error & in need of calibration. I thought it to be for "Don't Wait Until April" single game tickets...

I'm glad they reserve (somewhat) better seat locations for the 9- and 13- game plan ticketholders, as I bought two 9-game plans myself :cool:

If not, the single game "BEST AVAILABLE" seats I checked for (several different games) were pretty crappy IMO (and some of these I searched for last Friday at 10AM) (I was looking to buy one or two more individual games with more tickets than I did with my Minnie plans)

In any case, I'm satisfied w/ my Sec. 146 seats, but they sure aren't "right behind a dugout" like the ad led you to believe you could sit (unless you're upstairs), as these are premium season tix most likely held by the same owner for years.

SOXFAN82
01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
I would like to see a borchard ad about that he hits 504 bombs with out the juice and image how far he would hit it with the roids.....lol

Brian:rolleyes:

Palehose13
01-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Was that radio ad for the 9- and 13- game plans? If that's the case, I'm in error & in need of calibration. I thought it to be for "Don't Wait Until April" single game tickets...

I'm glad they reserve (somewhat) better seat locations for the 9- and 13- game plan ticketholders, as I bought two 9-game plans myself :cool:

If not, the single game "BEST AVAILABLE" seats I checked for (several different games) were pretty crappy IMO (and some of these I searched for last Friday at 10AM) (I was looking to buy one or two more individual games with more tickets than I did with my Minnie plans)

In any case, I'm satisfied w/ my Sec. 146 seats, but they sure aren't "right behind a dugout" like the ad led you to believe you could sit (unless you're upstairs), as these are premium season tix most likely held by the same owner for years.

IIRC, you can't get right behind the dugout...those are for season ticket (full and maybe 27 game) holders only. I'm getting 13 game plan, lower box. Don't know what section though. I think the idea of the commercial (yes, it is for single tix) is if you wait til July...you are going to be way up in the UD. I have heard of people getting opening day seats in the UD cause that was the only available and I assume that is because they are holding some in the lower bowl for the 9 and 13 plan.

wdelaney72
01-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Borchard won't even make the team, so I doubt he'll be featured in any ads.

I would like to see a borchard ad about that he hits 504 bombs with out the juice and image how far he would hit it with the roids.....lol

Brian:rolleyes:

RustyKuntz
01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
I liked the commercial. I think it definately got the point across.

I have to say that I've been really happy with the job Brooks is doing. And since I work in the marketing field, it's something I pay attention to.

hose
01-18-2005, 05:13 PM
I liked the commercial. I think it definately got the point across.

I have to say that I've been really happy with the job Brooks is doing. And since I work in the marketing field, it's something I pay attention to.

:bandance: The sumo bit is down right hilarious.

ChicagoHoosier
01-18-2005, 05:24 PM

I think you did well getting section 146. I also have a 9 game plan and am spread out in the lower box a bit, but my best seats are 114 and several games in 154 or 110. But, I wanted to order in December and waiting instead until Jan 6th. I bet the seats would have been much better and consistent if I just had committed earlier.

Maybe it belongs to a different thread, but why don't they allow the infield seats to be allocated to 9 or 13 game packages?

batmanZoSo
01-18-2005, 05:31 PM

I agree. That us vs. them Sox pride ad was a classic. I'd like to see more clever ads like that.

NSSoxFan
01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
I think you did well getting section 146. I also have a 9 game plan and am spread out in the lower box a bit, but my best seats are 114 and several games in 154 or 110. But, I wanted to order in December and waiting instead until Jan 6th. I bet the seats would have been much better and consistent if I just had committed earlier.

Maybe it belongs to a different thread, but why don't they allow the infield seats to be allocated to 9 or 13 game packages?

Yea, I was a little disappointed at being scattered around for my 9 game plan. I ordered my plan about mid December and didn't too many great locations.

jabrch
01-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Yea, I was a little disappointed at being scattered around for my 9 game plan. I ordered my plan about mid December and didn't too many great locations.

On the 9/13, they give you the best seats available to the package per the computer when you are entered in. You are not allowed the Premium Lower Boxes, between the bases - they use those for people willing to buy 27 or 81 game packages. I guess that's reasonable - to save those seats for people willing to pony up for more seats.

Some of those seats will be available for sale to the public later - but they won't go to 9/13 game packages.