PDA

View Full Version : JR Has Angioplasty

Sell Jerry Sell!
01-17-2005, 05:34 PM
From Chicagosports.com:

Jerry Reinsdorf, chairman of the White Sox and Bulls, underwent an angioplasty procedure Monday morning at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after routine tests found minor blockage.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/clear.gifhttp://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/clear.gifHe is expected to remain in the hospital under observation for a few days before being released.

Flight #24
01-17-2005, 05:35 PM
From Chicagosports.com:

Jerry Reinsdorf, chairman of the White Sox and Bulls, underwent an angioplasty procedure Monday morning at Northwestern Memorial Hospital after routine tests found minor blockage.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/clear.gifhttp://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/clear.gifHe is expected to remain in the hospital under observation for a few days before being released.

I hope I'm not in the minority here when I wish him a speedy recovery and return to good health.

Palehose13
01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
I hope I'm not in the minority here when I wish him a speedy recovery and return to good health.

I'm with you on that.

TornLabrum
01-17-2005, 05:40 PM

You're not. I hope he recovers rapidly from the procedure.

flo-B-flo
01-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Jerry owning the Bulls and the Sox are bad on the heart. Please SELL!! Take care of yourself, be happy and be gone.

Nick@Nite

I don't think so (that you're in the minority). Get well fast JR... and give KW the checkbook!

JUribe1989
Get well soon Jerry!!

steff
01-17-2005, 05:43 PM
All that niceness at the fest did a number on him..

No joke.. Get better soon Jerry...

downstairs
01-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I'm with everyone...

Get well soon Jerry... once your doctors give you the "OK," sit back, relax, have a few beers, *THEN* sell the team!

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 05:44 PM
From Chicagosports.com:

Sounds more like preemptive surgery than anything else, being that it was "minor blockage" and I'm sure he made a point to schedule it right after Soxfest. I'm sure he'll be back in the office sooner than later

MisterB
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
From Chicagosports.com:

I found this interesting:

Doctors believe the condition may have been exacerbated by stress caused by a fan asking about the Sox 'dumping salary' in a Q&A session at Soxfest on Friday.

Watch out, Hangar...:D:

voodoochile
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
You're not. I hope he recovers rapidly from the procedure.

Exactly. I want him to sell, not die.

Get better soon, JR...

jshanahanjr
01-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Good luck Jerry! Do you think somebody at Northwestern could snag a couple checks from his book and put it in reserve account for trade deadline additions?:D:

zach074
01-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Anyone see on the channel 9 news last night where he said he really wants a WS title. He also said if he gets it he would probably move on.

Get well Jerry.

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2005, 05:51 PM
Probably a combination of a SoxFest awash in Kool-Aide and the Bulls winning 7 straight.

Maybe facing his own mortality will turn him into a spendthrift!

Get well soon, Jerry.

hose
01-17-2005, 05:55 PM
Good to hear Jerry is ok and doing well.

Flight #24
01-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Good luck Jerry! Do you think somebody at Northwestern could snag a couple checks from his book and put it in reserve account for trade deadline additions?:D:

No need.

:KW
"Hey Jerry, I know you just got out of surgery 15 minutes ago, but I wanted to check and see if you needed anything"
:reinsy
(Groggy) "Oh...nah, I'm OK Kenny, thanks"

"By the way, since I'm here, can you sign this autograph for my kid?"

"Huh? Oh, sure. Here you go.....what are all these zeroes?"

"Oh nothing, don't worry about it" (snickers)

MRKARNO
01-17-2005, 05:57 PM

Believe me, you're not.

NonetheLoaiza
01-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Look what Hangar did!!!

whitesoxwilkes
01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
I shook hands with him Friday and got a picture. He's a really nice guy one on one...but I'll say this, he didn't look anywhere near as healthy as he did when I saw him at the park this summer.

Get better, Jerry.

steff
01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Sounds more like preemptive surgery than anything else, being that it was "minor blockage" and I'm sure he made a point to schedule it right after Soxfest. I'm sure he'll be back in the office sooner than later

Angioplasty is not "preemptive". It's done when the blockage needs to be cleared immediately. And while it's done often it's still extremely invasive and very painful.

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Angioplasty is not "preemptive". It's done when the blockage needs to be cleared immediately. And while it's done often it's still extremely invasive and very painful.

I'm clearly no doctor (thank god for that)....but maybe I chose the wrong word. I'm just saying that since there was "minor blockage", he probably scheduled the surgery for today....meaning he probably wasn't taken to emergency in the middle of the night. It needed to be done....the sooner the better. Regardless, I'm sure he'll pull through with flying colors

AZChiSoxFan
01-17-2005, 06:02 PM

I'm with you!!

Jjav829
01-17-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm sure Ben Gordon's game winning shot made him feel a bit better.

Get well soon, Jerry.

steff
01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm clearly no doctor (thank god for that)....but maybe I chose the wrong word. I'm just saying that since there was "minor blockage", he probably scheduled the surgery for today....meaning he probably wasn't taken to emergency in the middle of the night. It needed to be done....the sooner the better. Regardless, I'm sure he'll pull through with flying colors

Sorry... Jim's had some ticker issues lately so I'm a bit touchy on the matter.

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Sorry... Jim's had some ticker issues lately so I'm a bit touchy on the matter.

That sucks....I hope he gets those issues resolved. :(:

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 06:54 PM
I found this interesting:

Watch out, Hangar...:D::reinsy
I'm gunning for you hangar18.....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 06:57 PM
No need.

"Hey Jerry, I know you just got out of surgery 15 minutes ago, but I wanted to check and see if you needed anything"
(Groggy) "Oh...nah, I'm OK Kenny, thanks"

"By the way, since I'm here, can you sign this autograph for my kid?"

"Huh? Oh, sure. Here you go.....what are all these zeroes?"

"Oh nothing, don't worry about it" (snickers)

:dollarbill:
This is why I have a monkey..I mean Bob Pulford..be my Gm.....He's too dumb to con me when I'm drunk and passed out....

gobears1987
01-17-2005, 08:28 PM
You're not in the minority here.

Get well Jerry. Maybe the Sox and Bulls will work to lower your BP this year.

whitesoxwilkes
01-17-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm gunning for you hangar18.....
Gene

Oh Gene, so nice to see your positive sentiments.

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Oh Gene, so nice to see your positive sentiments.

I was simply replying to a post...Obviously , I dont wish bad things on Jerry...
Gene

beckett21
01-17-2005, 08:41 PM
Get well soon JR. :smile:

gobears1987
01-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Get well soon JR. :smile:
you're the doctor here, so can you please enlighten us on how bad the blockage really was?

Gosox1917
01-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Get well Jerry! You need to be around to watch the Sox win the WS this year big guy! :smile:

JoseCanseco6969
01-17-2005, 10:30 PM
From Chicagosports.com:

I saw him in the seats during the Larussa seminar saturday and got to shake his hand. He didnt look very well at all. I hope he recovers soon!

JUribe1989
01-17-2005, 10:54 PM
Get well Jerry! You need to be around to watch the Sox win the WS this year big guy! :smile:

Wonderfully said!

Viva Medias B's
01-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Get well soon, Jerry!

NSSoxFan2
01-17-2005, 11:40 PM
Get well soon JR!

Your going to have to be strong enough to lift up two trophies in 2005.:redneck

beckett21
01-18-2005, 12:28 AM
you're the doctor here, so can you please enlighten us on how bad the blockage really was?

No clue. It sure beats a bypass, though.

Like Steff said, nothing with the heart is minor. Keeping that perspective in mind, angioplasty is pretty routine. Doesn't sound too bad relatively speaking, but I don't have much info to go on and this is way out of my area of expertise.

Foulke29
01-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Anyone see on the channel 9 news last night where he said he really wants a WS title. He also said if he gets it he would probably move on.

Get well Jerry.

He was on pain killers at the time - I'm sure!

:bandance:

NowBatting19
01-18-2005, 01:20 AM
What I do?:(: All I did was ask for his autograph at Soxfest..... Get well soon Jerry!

Realist
01-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Get well soon, Uncle Jerry. :smile:

Opening day is comin' up soon. Buck up, Old Boy!

Maximo
01-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Get well soon, Jerry. We now have two things in common.

nccwsfan
01-18-2005, 07:42 AM
Get well soon Jerry.

gosox41
01-18-2005, 09:07 AM

I' mwith you. But we might be in the minority. Afterall, no one lives foever.

Bob

SSN721
01-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Get well soon Jerry. 8 in a row tommorrow night aginst the Celts and not too far from pitchers and catcher reporting. Get yourself better to enjoy your teams this year. Uncle Jerry smells playoffs.

mweflen
01-18-2005, 10:33 AM
Regardless of what a moron he is to the media, and how he has pushed fans away with his silly statements/policies, I don't wish the guy dead.

I hope he gets well, sells, and retires to bermuda or something.

Hangar18
01-18-2005, 10:49 AM
He Looked tired when I saw him at the Espn 1000 booth. Yeah,
I got him MAD at me with my question, but the real question will
be what he will be like when he recovers. Angioplasty can be very
stressful for the patient, and Im sure Uncle Jerry is realizing hes
not a young man anymore, its tough for the patient and the family.
I wonder if he goes for it this year .........

Get well .........

mweflen
01-18-2005, 10:54 AM
what was your question and his response, hangar?

Hangar18
01-18-2005, 11:18 AM
what was your question and his response, hangar?

It was innocent enough .......I said that alot of the Fanbase are interpreting
the moves they made as Payroll Cutting (moving LEE as opposed to keeping him and ADDING payroll) I was immediately Rebuffed by Levinline and Uncle Jerry got Mad. Levineline said no questions about payroll. I reiterated to finish my question saying does he think the Fans will not appreciate the payroll issues.
HE said the Fans were Happy about the move (hes half-right) and that the SOX still have a higher payroll than Minnesota and Cleveland. That response
brought some catcalls (what about the American League, and Minnesota still wins div etc) HE said he thinks this team Can go all the way .......

I didnt want to just ask, Why dont you raise payroll, I asked if he was worried some fans would look at the moves as a Glorified Shell Game move,
which I think it really is. Even though its a shell move, KW did a decent
job trying to RePatch the Holes He himself Created the last 2 seasons,
at the expense of some offense though.

mweflen
01-18-2005, 12:24 PM
I think you had a valid question, Hangar, and I'm glad you persisted with it. It's annoying that they try to nix certain lines of questioning which are perfectly reasonable.

SOXFAN82
01-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Hope he gets well soon. They were talking about it on the radio. I don't think that he is in bad shape. They said it was for precautionary measures. Can't wait for him to be back in his office again.

Brian

gosox41
01-18-2005, 12:48 PM
It was innocent enough .......I said that alot of the Fanbase are interpreting
the moves they made as Payroll Cutting (moving LEE as opposed to keeping him and ADDING payroll) I was immediately Rebuffed by Levinline and Uncle Jerry got Mad. Levineline said no questions about payroll. I reiterated to finish my question saying does he think the Fans will not appreciate the payroll issues.
HE said the Fans were Happy about the move (hes half-right) and that the SOX still have a higher payroll than Minnesota and Cleveland. That response
brought some catcalls (what about the American League, and Minnesota still wins div etc) HE said he thinks this team Can go all the way .......

I didnt want to just ask, Why dont you raise payroll, I asked if he was worried some fans would look at the moves as a Glorified Shell Game move,
which I think it really is. Even though its a shell move, KW did a decent
job trying to RePatch the Holes He himself Created the last 2 seasons,
at the expense of some offense though.

Hangar,

You're not going into politics are you?

Bob

steff
01-18-2005, 01:03 PM
I think Levine's response to you was perfect.. why don't YOU worry about how YOU feel and not about how everyone else feels. :rolleyes:

white sox bill
01-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Valid ?'s Hanger. Its amazing how some of these people put a spin on thier answers. Kinda like politicians. Anyway, Jerry the stress of owning the Sox is getting to you....

Better sell!!

In the meantime, get well soon!

mweflen
01-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Well, Hangar is not alone in his sentiments. While KW has done a better job than usual juggling salaries and lineups this year, the fact remains that ticket prices keep going up, while payroll does not increase to match. It does smack of a grand shell game.

Ol' No. 2
01-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Well, Hangar is not alone in his sentiments. While KW has done a better job than usual juggling salaries and lineups this year, the fact remains that ticket prices keep going up, while payroll does not increase to match. It does smack of a grand shell game.Opening day payrolls:

2003: $51M
2004: $65M
2005: $70M (est.)

I'm pretty good at math. That looks like an increase to me.

Flight #24
01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Opening day payrolls:

2003: $51M
2004: $65M
2005: $70M (est.)

I'm pretty good at math. That looks like an increase to me.

Elaborating just a tad:

2002: Attendance = 1.677M
2003: Payroll = $51M / Attendance = 1.939M (16% increase)
2004: Payroll = $65M (27.5% increase) / Attendance = 1.931M (.5% decrease)
2005: Payroll = $70M (7.7% increase)

mweflen
01-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Well, Hangar is not alone in his sentiments. While KW has done a better job than usual juggling salaries and lineups this year, the fact remains that ticket prices keep going up, while payroll does not increase to match. It does smack of a grand shell game.

to truly complete the chart, you need to have a column for average ticket price per year.

I don't have the data in front of me, and i'm eating a late lunch right now, but i can tell you, the percentage ticket price increases outsrtip the percentage payroll increases over the same period. when i have more time i will crunch the numbers. For instance, in Flight 24's example above, there is a 7.7 percent increase in payroll from 2004 to 2005. However, ticket prices have increased 15% (without factoring in "Scout Seats").

So you may be good at math, ON2, but not so good it seems at interpreting statistics. :tongue:

kojak
01-18-2005, 07:19 PM

"You can never have TOO good a diet
...so why bother?"

JUribe1989
01-18-2005, 08:30 PM

"You can never have TOO good a diet
...so why bother?"

Hey, uncalled for, just wish him well or don't say anything.