PDA

View Full Version : Trolling Cubs fans: "Hey, you guys are gonna be pretty good this year!"

Realist
01-17-2005, 03:46 PM
"Hey, you guys are gonna be pretty good this year! You got rid of Steve Stone!"

This is a great zinger I heard and have been using on my Cubs fan buddies. Try it on your Cubs fan buddies and watch their faces contort as they get all flustered and struggle to come up with a come back. It's a beauty.

Chicago83
01-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Good stuff.

ja1022
01-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I enjoy baiting Cub fans too. I've been telling them, in my best poker face, "as much as I hate to admit it, this looks like the year for you guys---that Henry Blanco signing was huge!" The sarcasm is lost on a lot of them, and they just nod their head in agreement. Last October 14th, I sent "Happy Steve Bartman Day" e-mails to every Cub fan I knew, with the happy refrain "hard to believe it has been a year already!!!"

JUribe1989
01-18-2005, 07:48 PM
I enjoy baiting Cub fans too. I've been telling them, in my best poker face, "as much as I hate to admit it, this looks like the year for you guys---that Henry Blanco signing was huge!" The sarcasm is lost on a lot of them, and they just nod their head in agreement. Last October 14th, I sent "Happy Steve Bartman Day" e-mails to every Cub fan I knew, with the happy refrain "hard to believe it has been a year already!!!"

Steve Bartman Day! What a great idea

Takatsufan
01-21-2005, 01:15 PM
I love it. I tried that one on my friends(Cubs Fans). They were clueless.

SoxSpeed22
01-21-2005, 11:51 PM
They'll make it a local holiday in St. Louis by 2008, the hundered year mark.