PDA

View Full Version : Dave Wills Promotes WSI on Saturday

BeerHandle
01-17-2005, 08:44 AM
Did anyone listen to Dave Wills on Saturday morning? I heard him gave a promo to WSI. It is great to hear him give props to WSI and the fans on the site. He said he lurkes often to see what the fans are thinking.

Also, he does a great job of promoting the local neighborhood establishments on the air. After hearing him speak about Jimbos, I started to get excited for opening day!

TornLabrum
01-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Did anyone listen to Dave Wills on Saturday morning? I heard him gave a promo to WSI. It is great to hear him gives props to WSI and the fans on the site. He said he lurkes often to see what the fans are thinking.

Also, he does a great job of promoting the local neighborhood establishments on the air. After hearing him speak about Jimbos, I started to get excited for opening day!

I missed his mention of WSI, quite possibly because it came when we were busy with a swarm of kids at the pencil pull. I did hear him mention my name associeated with the pencil pull right at the start of the broadcast. I waved when he mentioned me, and he waved back.

NonetheLoaiza
01-17-2005, 10:36 AM
Willsy is the man. I love his pre and postgame reports. Even when the Sox lose, I love his postgame, because he calms you down...especially after a tough loss.

Clement's beard
01-17-2005, 10:50 AM
As I asked in the other thread, if Wills does indeed leave the Sox for the D-rays, is he going to actually root against the Sox when they play the rays? This can't be true. If you are a diehard fan of a team you just can't turn that switch off and not root for them anymore.

DrCrawdad
01-17-2005, 10:50 AM
I missed his mention of WSI, quite possibly because it came when we were busy with a swarm of kids at the pencil pull. I did hear him mention my name associeated with the pencil pull right at the start of the broadcast. I waved when he mentioned me, and he waved back.

Hal,

Pencil pull? Was that purposefully set-up as a double entendre?

TornLabrum
01-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Hal,

Pencil pull? Was that purposefully set-up as a double entendre?

No. Hmmm...I never thought of it, but maybe that's why so many adults participate in it!

Sad
01-17-2005, 11:27 AM
I heard him mention WSI on Sat. as well...

34 Inch Stick
01-17-2005, 11:43 AM
As I asked in the other thread, if Wills does indeed leave the Sox for the D-rays, is he going to actually root against the Sox when they play the rays? This can't be true. If you are a diehard fan of a team you just can't turn that switch off and not root for them anymore.

Have you ever heard his excitement over the UIC Flames?

Lip Man 1
01-17-2005, 12:18 PM
A professional broadcaster is just that. If Dave is involved in discussions with other clubs and if he were to get hired by them he will become a 'fan' of that club (For want of a better term.)

That's who is paying him, they expect his loyalty in that regard. If in this case Tampa is playing the Sox, my guess is he'll root for Tampa to win every game the two teams play. However knowing Dave he'll then root for the Sox to win all the rest of their games.

Lip

Clement's beard
01-17-2005, 01:14 PM
A professional broadcaster is just that. If Dave is involved in discussions with other clubs and if he were to get hired by them he will become a 'fan' of that club (For want of a better term.)

That's who is paying him, they expect his loyalty in that regard. If in this case Tampa is playing the Sox, my guess is he'll root for Tampa to win every game the two teams play. However knowing Dave he'll then root for the Sox to win all the rest of their games.

Lip

No way he would do that. Would you ever root against the Sox because you were paid to do so? If the answer is yes, you were never a diehard fan to begin with, IMHO.

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 02:13 PM
No way he would do that. Would you ever root against the Sox because you were paid to do so? If the answer is yes, you were never a diehard fan to begin with, IMHO.
Yeah, but if he were to get a job with another team, he has to openly support that team....
Gene

Lizard
01-17-2005, 03:17 PM

What thread mentioned Willsy leaving for the D-Rays?:(:

Chicago83
01-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Willsy is the man. I love his pre and postgame reports. Even when the Sox lose, I love his postgame, because he calms you down...especially after a tough loss.

I was going to post the exact same thing. Couldn't have said it better.

I want Mags back
01-17-2005, 07:45 PM
What thread mentioned Willsy leaving for the D-Rays?:(:

Yeah:(: they said Hawk might