PDA

View Full Version : maybe this aint the place for this but.....

Etownsox13
01-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Im a college student on a limited budget looking for someone to maybe split a ticket plan with. Im trying to get out to a few sox games this year....but hell if im gonna pay for 13 games i cant go to. if anyones interested lemme know

gosox3072
01-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Possibly......either IM me Whitesox7203 or Email me, Bobbyg21@hotmail.com

ewokpelts
01-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Hi. I have the weekend plan in the bleachers, and ordered the 9 and 13 game plans in the bleachers...i'm willing to break up some of my tickets.... 2 seats per plan....

Gene

Whitesox029
01-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Possibly......either IM me Whitesox7203 or Email me, Bobbyg21@hotmail.com
ON a side note--my IM used to be Whitesox72...weird huh?

mcfish
01-17-2005, 11:23 AM
No offense, but why don't you just buy tickets for games you want to go individually? I'm pretty sure there's not a discount to buying in bulk, especially considering Half-Price Tuesday. The only advantage would be Sox-Cubs tickets I guess, but who's going to want to split a package with you and then not get to go to those games?

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 01:42 PM
No offense, but why don't you just buy tickets for games you want to go individually? I'm pretty sure there's not a discount to buying in bulk, especially considering Half-Price Tuesday. The only advantage would be Sox-Cubs tickets I guess, but who's going to want to split a package with you and then not get to go to those games?
depending on the seat locations, there are per game discounts that add up...i still recommend a 9 game plan...
Gene

WhiteSoxFan84
01-17-2005, 02:10 PM

my guess is he wants to attend a cubs game.

this year it was really stupid how they didn't offer ANY single game tickets to the Cubs games. at least open up the upper deck. VERY disappointing

also, do we still have pepsi half-price tuesdays?

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2005, 02:52 PM

this year it was really stupid how they didn't offer ANY single game tickets to the Cubs games. at least open up the upper deck. VERY disappointing

also, do we still have pepsi half-price tuesdays?It's not that the Cubs-Sox games weren't offered. They were all sold out.

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 03:10 PM

also, do we still have pepsi half-price tuesdays?
same thing happened in 2004....they decided to use cubs tix to help sell groups, season tix, and 9 game packages...
Gene

p.s. pepsi half off nights are back, but only in ud...

mcfish
01-17-2005, 04:24 PM
p.s. pepsi half off nights are back, but only in ud...
Seriously? That really sucks. I get to go to way more games if I go on Monday and Tuesdays. The security was fine after the first month or so. Why dump a good thing?

C-Dawg
01-17-2005, 05:53 PM
It's not that the Cubs-Sox games weren't offered. They were all sold out.

When were they available? I tried all day last Friday, which was supposedly the first day they were available. No luck on the internet, and I was repeatedly told on the phone that they were only available by buying the package deals.

The only time I've ever been able to get single-game Cubs-Sox tickets is when I used Stubhub.com.

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 05:55 PM
When were they available? I tried all day last Friday, which was supposedly the first day they were available. No luck on the internet, and I was repeatedly told on the phone that they were only available by buying the package deals.

The only time I've ever been able to get single-game Cubs-Sox tickets is when I used Stubhub.com.

They were never available unless you bought a TICKET PACKAGE. Full-season, half-season, 13 game, 9 game. Any of those would have gotten you one or all of the Cubs games. The tickets you see on Stubhub are from those trying to make a buck off the ticket packages they bought

C-Dawg
01-17-2005, 06:14 PM
They were never available unless you bought a TICKET PACKAGE. Full-season, half-season, 13 game, 9 game. Any of those would have gotten you one or all of the Cubs games. The tickets you see on Stubhub are from those trying to make a buck off the ticket packages they bought

That's exactly what I thought! I was just looking for a clarification. :)

BTW I know a Cub fan who was talking about buying the 13-game package so he could get the Cubs tickets - and then dumping whatever else he could on ebay. He figured Yankees, Red Sox would be easiest to sell. And anything he couldn't sell he'd just pitch. Haven't talked to him lately so I don't know if he bought anything though.

Ol' No. 2
01-17-2005, 06:18 PM
That's exactly what I thought! I was just looking for a clarification. :)

BTW I know a Cub fan who was talking about buying the 13-game package so he could get the Cubs tickets - and then dumping whatever else he could on ebay. He figured Yankees, Red Sox would be easiest to sell. And anything he couldn't sell he'd just pitch. Haven't talked to him lately so I don't know if he bought anything though.According to Brooks Boyer, that's one of the reasons they sold the Cubs games only in packages. They figured they'd discourage Cubs fans from buying up only those games. Of course it has the same effect on Sox fans.:(:

C-Dawg
01-17-2005, 06:28 PM
According to Brooks Boyer, that's one of the reasons they sold the Cubs games only in packages. They figured they'd discourage Cubs fans from buying up only those games. Of course it has the same effect on Sox fans.:(:

Yeah I hear you there! :(:

I'd be all set if I was a lucky Cub fan using my parents credit card to buy tickets on the internet, but I'm just a regular hard-working Sox fan who has to spend my own money. But I'll find a way to be there all 3 days against the Cubs! I promise! :cool:

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah I hear you there! :(:

I'd be all set if I was a lucky Cub fan using my parents credit card to buy tickets on the internet, but I'm just a regular hard-working Sox fan who has to spend my own money. But I'll find a way to be there all 3 days against the Cubs! I promise! :cool:
wait till the monday before the game..the box office will leak out the last tix
Gene

Etownsox13
01-17-2005, 10:37 PM
Hi. I have the weekend plan in the bleachers, and ordered the 9 and 13 game plans in the bleachers...i'm willing to break up some of my tickets.... 2 seats per plan....

Gene

Yeah.......see the reason that im lookin to break up a ticket plan with someone is that im playing ball through the middle of april and itd be stupid to pay for a whole plan because of the limits that they put on the timeframe (cetain # of games in April etc.) but im very interested in maybe breaking up a plan if i can get some games in the summer. let me know what games you have and maybe we can set something up. my aol name is leftybobnpu......or email is leftybob13@yahoo.com (leftybob13@yahoo.com........thanks) thanks a lot