PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Calderon March 19, 1962 - December 27, 2003 (has the murder been solved?)

Nick@Nite
01-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know if those who murdered Ivan Calderon have been caught? I surfed the internet for a few minutes and didn't see anything. It's been just over a year since he was gunned down in Puerto Rico. Maybe I missed something?

mike squires
01-16-2005, 12:03 AM
I was going to post this awhile back. I have not heard anything. I remember seeing Ivan's diving catch in the bottom of the ninth against the Yanks. Robin also made a diving catch into the crowd and got beer spilled all over him. There was a buzz in the park as there was much of that 90 season. Damn, A's. There's always somebody in front of us...For Calderone's family's sake I hope it gets resolved for some kind of closure.

flo-B-flo
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
One of the nicest guys that I talked too at a Sox game. He and my dad got into this funny conversation about baseball in Puerto Rico. All in spanish. Very nice guy. r.i.p.

Infallible
01-17-2005, 07:01 PM
I thought I heard it was old man Withers from the Mill, he almost got away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids......

Lip Man 1
01-17-2005, 07:14 PM
To all Calderon fans, you might be interested in this:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=3&id=2426

Lip

Infallible
01-18-2005, 12:05 AM
To all Calderon fans, you might be interested in this:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=3&id=2426

Lip

Ivan Calderon was murdered in Loiza, Puerto Rico on December 27th.
Esteban?

NSSoxFan2
01-18-2005, 12:13 AM
I thought I heard it was old man Withers from the Mill, he almost got away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids......

Not funny

Infallible
01-18-2005, 12:27 AM
Not funny

Of course its a sad situation but its passed now and I didn't do anything to cause it. On top of it we the fans know less than the police in Puerto Rico know. He was a good ball player and will be missed.

nccwsfan
01-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Who could forget that great catch he made in old Tiger Stadium, when he climbed the wire fence to make the grab? Calderon was a good guy, and I hope he rests in peace....

Brian26
01-18-2005, 01:20 PM
On top of it we the fans know less than the police in Puerto Rico know.

The justice system in Puerto Rico is so corrupt, they might as well be considered a different planet. Murders happen on a regular basis where witnesses don't speak up due to fear of retribution from the police/mafia.

petekat
01-19-2005, 09:41 PM
damn those kids!