PDA

View Full Version : How to purchase dog day tickets?

ChiSoxJay
01-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know the procedure on how to purchase tickets for dog day? I talked to a rep at tickmaster and they were willing to sell me tickets to the game on April 16th but didn't have any information about the event. I assumed that certain tickets would be flagged for people bringing their dogs (in the bleachers or something). I tried calling the White Sox box office but they were closed. Any info would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm in the upper deck for opening day. Haven't seen a game up there since the all star game, so I'm looking forward to it.

jake27
01-14-2005, 11:40 PM
the little sheet they gave us in line for tickets today had bleacher seats for dog day "not available" or something along those lines. i don't know why that is tho, didn't ask.

dickallen15
01-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know the procedure on how to purchase tickets for dog day? I talked to a rep at tickmaster and they were willing to sell me tickets to the game on April 16th but didn't have any information about the event. I assumed that certain tickets would be flagged for people bringing their dogs (in the bleachers or something). I tried calling the White Sox box office but they were closed. Any info would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm in the upper deck for opening day. Haven't seen a game up there since the all star game, so I'm looking forward to it.

You have to call the White Sox. I'm pretty sure you have to fax them some medical things about your dog, and they send you tickets for you and the dog which has a paw stamp on it.

ChiSoxJay
01-15-2005, 09:37 AM
You have to call the White Sox. I'm pretty sure you have to fax them some medical things about your dog, and they send you tickets for you and the dog which has a paw stamp on it.

Thanks a bunch!!

jenmcm76
01-15-2005, 04:35 PM

Hi - just had a follow-up question...
Do you have to buy a "seat" for your dog, or just for the humans? I'm planning on calling on Monday anyway, but any info would be helpful.

dickallen15
01-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi - just had a follow-up question...
Do you have to buy a "seat" for your dog, or just for the humans? I'm planning on calling on Monday anyway, but any info would be helpful.

The dog gets in comp, the humans do not.

JKryl
01-15-2005, 11:11 PM
the little sheet they gave us in line for tickets today had bleacher seats for dog day "not available" or something along those lines. i don't know why that is tho, didn't ask.

They block off the area for the fans with the pooches. They only let in a certain number along with the owners. Call the Sox once the fest is over. They're all there now.

JKryl
01-15-2005, 11:13 PM

You must mean for your dog, right? Wait until the Fest is over, then call for a reservation. They only let in about 200 dogs.

Parrothead
01-16-2005, 07:09 AM
You must mean for your dog, right? Wait until the Fest is over, then call for a reservation. They only let in about 200 dogs.

Actually it is 500 dogs and there there is a sheet to fill out asking the dogs info. Also, don't bring a dog unless it gets along with others since there are so many some even in outfits. I have been to everyone and last year was I finally brought a dog. I have never seen a dog fight yet. In the past years people who brought a dog got a dog dish with a White Sox logo on it.

woodenleg
01-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the poop on Dog Day, everyone. I'm gonna try to get tix tomorrow. I've been wanting to try it for some time now, but it's only been this year that I've had a dog that could handle it.

My dog is VERY dog-friendly and would never fight. Only thing is, he gets restless (he's a very energetic & athletic lab). What is dog day like? Can you walk them out on the concourse if they get bored / restless? I'm sure he would love it - he likes nothing better than to socialize with other dogs and lots of people, but I don't know if he could sit still for a couple of hours. I suppose I could take him to the dog run the morning of the game...that way he'd get the energy out of his system.

I'm sure they have water for the dogs - right? And a place for them to pee? I heard they were peeing on the Comiskey statue last time. :tongue:

Parrothead
01-17-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the poop on Dog Day, everyone. I'm gonna try to get tix tomorrow. I've been wanting to try it for some time now, but it's only been this year that I've had a dog that could handle it.

My dog is VERY dog-friendly and would never fight. Only thing is, he gets restless (he's a very energetic & athletic lab). What is dog day like? Can you walk them out on the concourse if they get bored / restless? I'm sure he would love it - he likes nothing better than to socialize with other dogs and lots of people, but I don't know if he could sit still for a couple of hours. I suppose I could take him to the dog run the morning of the game...that way he'd get the energy out of his system.

I'm sure they have water for the dogs - right? And a place for them to pee? I heard they were peeing on the Comiskey statue last time. :tongue:

You could walk the dogs in the concourse area behind the bleachers only. Lots of people hang out there with thier dogs. There is water and a grass area with a fire hydrant too.

woodenleg
01-17-2005, 09:23 AM
You could walk the dogs in the concourse area behind the bleachers only. Lots of people hang out there with thier dogs. There is water and a grass area with a fire hydrant too.

Thanks, that's what I figured. That's fine with me - I don't think the pooch needs to pay a visit to Beers of the World. :smile:

duderanch420
01-20-2005, 12:09 AM
I was thinking of taking my dogs to dog days but need some info on tickets and what info I need to supply the Sox with.

batmanZoSo
01-20-2005, 12:15 AM
I was thinking of taking my dogs to dog days but need some info on tickets and what info I need to supply the Sox with.

Bringing my dog to dog days would only incur a violent bloodbath.

Parrothead
01-20-2005, 12:17 AM
The Sox ask for info about the dog and owner. The must be able to get along with other dogs since ther are about 500 dogs in the area. The dog must have it shots ect...... It is a great time ot there. There is an area wher the dog can relieve itself. Everyone is very friendly there. Bring your dog and enjoy.

duderanch420
01-20-2005, 12:27 AM
Thanks, the dogs are great around other dogs Bloomington has a dog days at the pool to end the year and around 200 dogs show up. Since they passed that test I was thinking of bringing them to a Sox game. How do I go about getting tickets for me and the dogs?