PDA

View Full Version : Tribune can take a walk on Wrigley, Daley says

Jerry_Manuel
10-20-2001, 11:26 AM
This is great here is the best quote from the article:

''If they want to go, they can go. Are they threatening us? I get those threats all the time,'' the mayor said.

Here is the story (http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-nws-wrig20.html)

Jerry_Manuel
10-20-2001, 11:28 AM
I'm sorry but here is another quote:

''We need an answer. We need to know where we stand . . . We're heading toward the point where the city has to decide . . . All of our efforts are to succeed and stay in Wrigley Field, which . . . is what the city wants, our fans want, the nation wants . But, to do that, we need to be able to grow and compete.''

The nation? Yeah I'm sure all across the US people are worried about the Cubs leaving Wrigley.

LongDistanceFan
10-20-2001, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I'm sorry but here is another quote:

''We need an answer. We need to know where we stand . . . We're heading toward the point where the city has to decide . . . All of our efforts are to succeed and stay in Wrigley Field, which . . . is what the city wants, our fans want, the nation wants . But, to do that, we need to be able to grow and compete.''

The nation? Yeah I'm sure all across the US people are worried about the Cubs leaving Wrigley. i love this one the most

>>>>Earlier this summer, the Tribune Co. asked City Hall for permission to expand Wrigley by 2,350 seats, play 12 more night games and develop the property next to the stadium by building a multilevel parking garage, an ESPN Zone-style restaurant and a Cubs Hall of Fame museum with its own concourse leading into the stadium. Before allowing the team to proceed, City Hall has demanded the Tribune Co. complete a traffic study and negotiate with area residents and rooftop owners. <<<

and the northsider has the gall to talk about the sox and the amusement park atmosphere.............

being a sox fan is starting to look really good now.......

cheeses_h_rice
10-20-2001, 01:11 PM
The parable of the Goose Who Laid the Golden Egg comes to mind when I see what Flubs ownership wants to do with Wrigley.

Keep futzing with the park enough, and soon enough it will become some bizarre obsurdity that will start to turn its fans away.

(But then again, these are Flubs fans we're talking about.)

PaleHoseGeorge
10-20-2001, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The parable of the Goose Who Laid the Golden Egg comes to mind when I see what Flubs ownership wants to do with Wrigley.

Keep futzing with the park enough, and soon enough it will become some bizarre obsurdity that will start to turn its fans away.

(But then again, these are Flubs fans we're talking about.)

Aren't they asking for more night games, too? These dolts just keep drawing from the well. As long as the city gives them what they want, the vein of gold will never run out.

No proposals for fixing the urine stench. They would have to blow it up and start over to fix that one.

Let 'em move to Schaumburg. Then everyone is happy.

ihatethecubs
10-20-2001, 07:21 PM
proof that da mayor loves the sox (http://chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-931001kassdaley.story?coll=chi-homepagenews-utl)

PaleHoseGeorge
10-20-2001, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
proof that da mayor loves the sox (http://chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-931001kassdaley.story?coll=chi-homepagenews-utl)

That's funny. I saved that same column from the Tribune when it was published back in 1993--right before the ALCS vs. Toronto. I believe it was a page one feature by John Kass, himself a big Sox Fan.

Kass is great. I wish he didn't work for the Cubune.

SOXSINCE'70
10-20-2001, 08:16 PM
YEAH,WITH ALL THE TERRORISM IN THE WORLD,I GUESS THE sCrUBS NEED TO KNOW WHERE WE STAND.

AS FAR AS THIS SOX FAN IS CONCERNED,I SAY GET THE %$#% OUT OF TOWN,YOU LOSERS!! GO STINK IT UP IN CHARLOTTE OR MONTREAL OR SOME GODFORSAKEN PLACE I DON'T HAVE TO WITNESS YOUR GODAWFUL TEAM!!

LongDistanceFan
10-20-2001, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

That's funny. I saved that same column from the Tribune when it was published back in 1993--right before the ALCS vs. Toronto. I believe it was a page one feature by John Kass, himself a big Sox Fan.

Kass is great. I wish he didn't work for the Cubune. man i remember some of the things he wrote about.......... skipping school to catch a game.....

doublem23
10-20-2001, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
man i remember some of the things he wrote about.......... skipping school to catch a game.....

Man, how many times have I skipped school to see the Sox....

I'll always say my best days in Chicago were spent in Comiskey Park... or at very least they were back in my home, the South Side...

I guess knowing your days in your hometown are numbered really makes you look back at your life.

doublem23
10-20-2001, 11:09 PM
Kass is great. I wish he didn't work for the Cubune.

Oh well, Sometimes its good to have an insider on the opposition...

I wish he would write more. He'd be a lot better than Paul "Attendance equals wins" Sullivan.

duke of dorwood
10-20-2001, 11:11 PM
Today, up in heaven, Hizzoner is proud of his son

:hizzoner

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Oh well, Sometimes its good to have an insider on the opposition...

This is true. It would help in this war.

CLR01
10-21-2001, 01:30 AM

Let 'em move to Schaumburg. Then everyone is happy.

Umm no, not everyone. Now if we can work something out to move the Sox to Schaumburg, i know of a nice little park a block from my house that no one will miss. There are also some houses across the street that can go or a school a block in the other direction. I am willing to part with all of these.