PDA

View Full Version : Paulie on Telander, Hood, and Buffone

Jjav829
01-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Surprised no one brought this up. Telander, Hood, and Buffone had Konerko on. Recap for those who missed it:

THB: Your opinion on the steroids issue and steps being taken to prevent steroid use.

PK: If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. He doesn't know all the details, but think they are progressing. The threat of being suspended the first time will help. Paulie doesn't think much about steroids. He can put up his numbers without doing steroids.

THB: What if people accuse you because of your numbers?

PK: Ever seen me in a uniform? That's the first evidence that he's not doing steroids. It's unfair to judge people based on their genetics/their body. There are some guys doing it, but even the players don't know for sure who is doing steroids. He would rather worry about his job than what others are doing.

THB: What about the unfair playing field?

PK: What if a pitcher who is doing it is facing a hitter who is doing it? You don't know who is doing it. Tony Graffanino was here and he is in good shape. Graf takes that as a compliment to his work ethic and a question on his character. Thinks there are a lot of guys who have done it that you haven't heard of.

THB: Was it necessary to change the team?

PK: Pitching was upgraded in rotation and bullpen. Anytime you can upgrade pitching it will help you stay in more games. We don't have a huge payroll, and because of that we have to take a step back in one area to improve another.

THB: Were you aware of the Twins and how they were playing?

PK: They were aware of the way the Twins played. He hopes that our team will be like that this year. Sometimes it's hard to see how the Twins are successful, but they always are. The team has to gel together.

THB: Under Ozzie, did the team chemistry improve?

PK: It's tough not to be on the same page with Ozzie because he demands it. He'll keep you loose and make sure you are on the same page with him. We had that last year, but suffered some injuries. Now we have some new players.

THB: Outside of numbers, what was the difference between the PK of 03 and 04?

PK: Greg Walker. Without Walker, PK would be different. Walker helped him change his mechanics and did things with Paulie that Paulie never did as a hitter. The stuff they started in 03 helped him have a good year last year.

THB: Thoughts on AJ, Dye, Pods

PK: He knows Dye because they live in the same area. He's a clutch player, good hitter, quiet guy that goes about his business. Knows Podsednik can fly and will score from 2nd on a hit, steal 2nd a lot. Jokingly responds that Pods can't teach him speed. Says he cut out a piece in the paper after opening day when he was the league leader in stolen bases. :D: Thinks AJ is one of the better hitting catchers in the majors. Can't always believe what you hear in the paper. Will wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Says he has no ideas of AJ going in.

Nick@Nite
01-14-2005, 05:41 PM
... thanks for the info. :cool:

JRIG
01-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Surprised no one brought this up. Telander, Hood, and Buffone had Konerko on.

Looking at the latest ratings, it's not that surprising.

Jjav829
01-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Looking at the latest ratings, it's not that surprising.
That's true. Honestly, I wouldn't have known about Paulie being either but someone said in another thread that KW would be on at 4. I tuned in a little before 4 and heard that Paulie would be on, so I figured I would recap it.

maurice
01-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the recap, J.

I flipped Telander on yesterday while I was drving. After two minutes of that POS talking about all the writing awards he won, I changed the station.