PDA

View Full Version : Making money on Cubs tickets

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 12:32 PM
If anyone cares, Cubs tickets will go on sale in the middle of February. A sales rep told me that they have 3 dates in mind but nothing is official yet.

Have any of you heard anything about the exact date? I'm pretty sure it's going to be a Friday, so either February 11th or 18th.

My best bet is that they go on sale on February 11th.

SOXintheBURGH
01-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I don't go to Cubs games.

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 02:17 PM
I'll pay grossly over face for the one Sox game I go to up at the Crumbling Confines per year....beyond that, I'll only go if someone donates tickets to me

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't go to Cubs games.
Here's a secret;

Say I buy about 10 tickets to 4 different games, I only go to 1 game. The other's.... I do not attend. What do I do with them?

Here's a hint;

There's a lot of Scrub fans on eBay willing to overpay for tickets.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-14-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm sure if you were able to nab a few Red Sox vs cubs tickets you could sell them for enough $$ to get full season sox tickets. :D: Too bad the Tribune's own scalping company will get most of the tickets

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 02:28 PM
I'm sure if you were able to nab a few Red Sox vs cubs tickets you could sell them for enough $$ to get full season sox tickets. :D: Too bad the Tribune's own scalping company will get most of the tickets
I wanted to get season tickets just to get a hand on those tickets. I was willing to t ake out a loan and everything lol.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Deep down, do any of us really care about this?

No.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Deep down, do any of us really care about this?

No.
Making money? I sure as hell do.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Interesting thought on the subject.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-14-2005, 02:56 PM
I'd rather take the money it costs to pay for cubs-sox tickets at the urinal and use the money to buy a few sox home tickets. I'd never pay to go to the dump that the cubs play in, even if the sox were playing there.

RKMeibalane
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM
:threadsucks

santo=dorf
01-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Aren't single game Cubs-Sox @ Piggley tickets available when their tickets go on sale? :?:

But hey, who cares?

RedPinStripes
01-14-2005, 06:06 PM
:troll

Infallible
01-16-2005, 06:40 PM

some of us have morale values, and some are of course a bit unscrupulous at times, but never never will I allow the Cubs or their organization provide me joy in any way with the SOLE exception of watching them get beat.

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 03:21 PM
i won a contest wher ei get two tickets to teh game of my choice in 2005...any game in all of mlb....while part of me wants the last reg season game in busch stadium...i might cash in on flubs/boston cubs tickets....a bosoxfan offered me 2 tix each for all three sox/sox games at fenway this year....

Gene

p.s. almost forgot..the seats are just over the white sox bullpen

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 03:28 PM
i might cash in on flubs/boston cubs tickets....a bosoxfan offered me 2 tix each for all three sox/sox games at fenway this year....

Gene

It's hard to turn down a deal like that.

Foulke You
01-17-2005, 03:37 PM
i won a contest wher ei get two tickets to teh game of my choice in 2005...any game in all of mlb....while part of me wants the last reg season game in busch stadium...i might cash in on flubs/boston cubs tickets....a bosoxfan offered me 2 tix each for all three sox/sox games at fenway this year....

Gene

Nab the Fenway tix, it is a great park and a great city. I've been to both Busch and Fenway, and Fenway blows it away. Honestly, I won't shed a tear when Busch gets the wrecking ball. Plus, you can back me up because I'll be in Boston this year to help stave off Red Sox Nation and root our White Sox to a series victory :cool:

MUsoxfan
01-17-2005, 03:48 PM
Plus, you can back me up because I'll be in Boston this year to help stave off Red Sox Nation and root our White Sox to a series victory :cool:

There were quite a few fans of the Palehose out there last year. We're not as underrepresented as it seems.

Infallible
01-17-2005, 06:58 PM
There were quite a few fans of the Palehose out there last year. We're not as underrepresented as it seems.

I was one of them!!! I lived in Bean town for over a year.