PDA

View Full Version : Observations from waiting in line for tix...

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I got to the park at about 8:10 this morning. To my surprise, they were letting everyone wait inside near the visitors locker room entrance. Paulie and Ben Davis were right there when we walked in and the immediately welcomed me and anyone else that was coming in. When I was getting coffee someone asked Ben when pitchers/catchers report. He didn't know. I said, "Ben, you have to go to work on Feb 18th." He said, "Really?!" Then Paulie asked me, "So I have to go about 6 or 7 days after that?" I told him that I assumed so. Paulie was as surprised as anyone that we didn't have to form a line outside. He was prepared for the elements like anyone else was. He's a cool guy, and so is Ben for that matter. Both were more than happy to hold a conversation with people, sign anything anyone had, and take pictures with people. When I got in line, Bruce Wolf came down the line and handed everyone pocket schedules and chatted it up a bit. There were alot of TV cameras, and one focused on me for a whole minute...it was weird. Brooks came down the line and asked EVERYONE if they had any questions at all, but said he isn't Kenny so don't ask him personnel questions. I asked him if there would be any "surprises" at Soxfest as speculated on this board. He said it would be cool if they introduced Iguchi at Soxfest, but ASSURED me that Steve Stone would NOT be a surprise over the weekend...only saying that Stone wants to be a GM somewhere. I said, "Well I'd love to stick it to the Cubs." He said, "So would I." After all was said and done, it was a nice warm experience and I got my lower level for Opening Day and the 4/18 Monday against the Twins.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I got lower level for both those games too. I picked me up some tickets for the 5/30 game vs. Anaheim as well.

Sounds like a blast. My girlfriend let me have it when she heard Konerko was shaking peoples hands and what not. She LOVES the guy and is dying to meet him. I love the guy too but I'm sure not the same way she does...:mad:

soltrain21
01-14-2005, 11:21 AM
Do you think he would of said "it would be cool if we introduced Iguchi" if we really weren't going to?

Seems like he is playing the wink wink, nudge nudge card.

rmusacch
I got to the park at about 8:10 this morning. To my surprise, they were letting everyone wait inside near the visitors locker room entrance. Paulie and Ben Davis were right there when we walked in and the immediately welcomed me and anyone else that was coming in. When I was getting coffee someone asked Ben when pitchers/catchers report. He didn't know. I said, "Ben, you have to go to work on Feb 18th." He said, "Really?!" Then Paulie asked me, "So I have to go about 6 or 7 days after that?" I told him that I assumed so. Paulie was as surprised as anyone that we didn't have to form a line outside. He was prepared for the elements like anyone else was. He's a cool guy, and so is Ben for that matter. Both were more than happy to hold a conversation with people, sign anything anyone had, and take pictures with people. When I got in line, Bruce Wolf came down the line and handed everyone pocket schedules and chatted it up a bit. There were alot of TV cameras, and one focused on me for a whole minute...it was weird. Brooks came down the line and asked EVERYONE if they had any questions at all, but said he isn't Kenny so don't ask him personnel questions. I asked him if there would be any "surprises" at Soxfest as speculated on this board. He said it would be cool if they introduced Iguchi at Soxfest, but ASSURED me that Steve Stone would NOT be a surprise over the weekend...only saying that Stone wants to be a GM somewhere. I said, "Well I'd love to stick it to the Cubs." He said, "So would I." After all was said and done, it was a nice warm experience and I got my lower level for Opening Day and the 4/18 Monday against the Twins.
Good story. From emails people have sent and from this post, it sounds like Brooks is a very approachable guy as opposed to Gallas. I can't believe he actually said it would be cool if they introduced Iguchi at Sox Fest. Should we read anything into that statement?

MUsoxfan
He also said to say hello to everyone at WSI.....I have a feeling he is quite a lurker here

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Good story. From emails people have sent and from this post, it sounds like Brooks is a very approachable guy as opposed to Gallas. I can't believe he actually said it would be cool if they introduced Iguchi at Sox Fest. Should we read anything into that statement?I've met brooks last year, and he's the real deal....nice guy, and it seems a lot of the bulls philosophy has rubbed off him....whether or not thsi year sucks, i'm sure we'l at least have fun while the ship's sinking...
Gene

anewman35
01-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Do you think he would of said "it would be cool if we introduced Iguchi" if we really weren't going to?

Seems like he is playing the wink wink, nudge nudge card.
Well, it depends on if he just said it on his own, or if somebody asked "Is Iguchi going to be signed this weekend?"

Chisox003
01-14-2005, 11:32 AM
I've met brooks last year, and he's the real deal....nice guy, and it seems a lot of the bulls philosophy has rubbed off him....whether or not thsi year sucks, i'm sure we'l at least have fun while the ship's sinking...
Gene
Now thats what I call White Sox optimism! :gulp:

voodoochile
01-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Wow, that's fantastic. Brooks really is having a major impact on the way the team deals with their customer base.

Great story...

Palehose13
01-14-2005, 11:35 AM
Anyone know where I can view a pic of Brooks? I'd like to know if I see him at the Fest and give him a thumbs up.

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Oh....and I also got my hands on those Sox Pride wristbands. They were selling those down the line.

Cat Thief
01-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Paulie and Ben were really cool. I took 3 pictures with them before I finally got one that was not blurry. (Setting on my camera) I bought a ball for 7.00 for my kid and they both signed it. It was a good time, I'm glad I decided to go out there even though I already have my 13 game plan, I told my buddies who have to work I would take care of opening day for them.

BTW the blonde from Dunkin Donuts was a babe!:yup:

FightingBillini
01-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I got lower level for both those games too. I picked me up some tickets for the 5/30 game vs. Anaheim as well.

Sounds like a blast. My girlfriend let me have it when she heard Konerko was shaking peoples hands and what not. She LOVES the guy and is dying to meet him. I love the guy too but I'm sure not the same way she does...:mad:Yeah, my GF cant wait to go to Soxfest to see all the hot guys. She LOVES Paulie, Rowand, Garland, Gload, Ben Davis, Buehrle, Cotts and Podsednik. However, I couldn't convince her to stand in 10 degree weather with me to meet Konerko. We are going to Soxfest tonight, so I will pick up tix there, and hopefully she can get a few pics with her favorite men.

jabrch
01-14-2005, 11:46 AM
I've met brooks last year, and he's the real deal....nice guy, and it seems a lot of the bulls philosophy has rubbed off him....whether or not thsi year sucks, i'm sure we'l at least have fun while the ship's sinking...
Gene
Stay away from the razor blades Gene...

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Anyone know where I can view a pic of Brooks? I'd like to know if I see him at the Fest and give him a thumbs up.go to bulls.com...and look for the 2003-2004 media guide...they have it in pdf form....
Gene

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
Stay away from the razor blades Gene...but they're crunchy!
Gene

mweflen
01-14-2005, 11:59 AM
I arrived at about 10:45. Not only was all that razmatazz finished, they didn't even have a sign telling fans where to go to buy tickets! After a little wandering, I saw it was the main entrance by gate 4 - which was nice, since it's FREEZING outside.

Got my 9 mondays, section 520, and was filmed by a Ch. 2 guy. He asked me to talk a little. I said I was excited about the season, but I wish they'd stop raising prices without increasing payroll to match. Typical mweflen :D:

We'll see if I make it on the tube! I'm wearing a big black parka and a brown hoodie.

Oh - when I was there, all the fans were wearing Bears paraphernalia for some reason.

jake27
01-14-2005, 12:31 PM
it was a good time. got there around 9. konerko and ben were very nice. some of the ticket ladies were preaty good looking too. the donuts were good too. just wish i had more money to buy tickets :mad:

jake27
01-14-2005, 12:32 PM
i forgot to add... brooks boyer was there as was VERY nice. he kept goin up and down the line, seeing if there are any questions, seeing if anyone needed and schedules. i was impressed

whitesoxwilkes
01-14-2005, 12:40 PM
Anyone know where I can view a pic of Brooks? I'd like to know if I see him at the Fest and give him a thumbs up.
He's a hard guy to miss...he's like 6'3" and looks VERY Irish.

lths06
01-14-2005, 12:43 PM
. When I was getting coffee someone asked Ben when pitchers/catchers report. He didn't know. I said, "Ben, you have to go to work on Feb 18th." He said, "Really?!" Then Paulie asked me, "So I have to go about 6 or 7 days after that?" I told him that I assumed so.
Proof that WSI members are more knowledgeable than even the players :cool: :tongue:

whitesoxwilkes
01-14-2005, 01:03 PM
blonde babes rock(although i'm inpartial to redheds and brunnettes...)...(VC EDIT: Stupidity deleted)?
Gene Warning for being stupid. One more and you're outta here.

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Warning for being stupid. One more and you're outta here.
?

Gene

DaleJRFan
01-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Awesome... that there were players there talking to fans waiting to buy tickets to see them play.. just plain awesome. :smile::D:

BeerHandle
01-14-2005, 01:18 PM
How many peopel were in line? I thought about going there, but my meeting went late. I ended up getting tickets online. I will say I was rather frustrated with Ticketmaster. For the first 15 minutes, I entered Best Available for opening day and it sent me upstairs so I finally gave in a bought. Then I checked at 10:45 and there were a lot of good seats downstairs. This is a dirty trick!

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 01:19 PM
How many peopel were in line? I thought about going there, but my meeting went late. I ended up getting tickets online. I will say I was rather frustrated with Ticketmaster. For the first 15 minutes, I entered Best Available for opening day and it sent me upstairs so I finally gave in a bought. Then I checked at 10:45 and there were a lot of good seats downstairs. This is a dirty trick!it's based on traffic and requests...when you get ur tix, i suggest going to the ballpark, and upgrading ur tix...
Gene

whitesoxwilkes
01-14-2005, 01:20 PM
?

Gene
There's no need to ask how big a woman's "mamba jambas" are on a public forum.

I like breasts as much as the next guy, but this isn't the place to discuss it.

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 01:28 PM
How many peopel were in line?
250-300 at 10am. I was about 50th or so

Soxaholic
01-14-2005, 01:30 PM
When the ticket windows first opened, the line was from the main window at Gate 4 almost to the bridge that connects the two sides of 35th St. I'd say around 100 people, give or take.

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 01:31 PM
When the ticket windows first opened, the line was from the main window at Gate 4 almost to the bridge that connects the two sides of 35th St. I'd say around 100 people, give or take.
Give....alot.

voodoochile
01-14-2005, 01:45 PM
?

Gene
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42945

I deleted the offensive message, but listen to Wilkes.

Soxaholic
01-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Give....alot. Ok, maybe there was more.

:reinsy
"People are going out into the freezing cold to give me money at higher prices! Great! Why didn't I think of this sooner?"

BainesHOF
01-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Brooks Boyer was also good during the Opening Ceremonies at Friday's Soxfest. He blows Gallas away, but then again that's not exactly hard to do.

Keep up the good work, Brooks.

jake27
01-14-2005, 11:33 PM
just a note....

there were a ton of people when informed that cubs sox tickets werent avaible were just having a hissy-fit. i was cracking up inside as they pleaded to get cubs tickets:D:

ewokpelts
01-15-2005, 02:31 PM
There's no need to ask how big a woman's "mamba jambas" are on a public forum.

I like breasts as much as the next guy, but this isn't the place to discuss it.
fair enough
Gene

ewokpelts
01-15-2005, 02:32 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42945

I deleted the offensive message, but listen to Wilkes.
ok...
Gene