View Full Version : Sox/Cubs Tix on sale

dademz1
01-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Am I seeing things, or are they selling Sox/Cubs tix on sale today too

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the drunken 3:05 game :)

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Am I seeing things, or are they selling Sox/Cubs tix on sale today too

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the drunken 3:05 game :)no...ticketbastard still need to place the game in thier system, since the sox use thier equipmnent to sell tix at the box office......it'll be considered sold out at 10am...
Gene

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 11:10 AM
so how and when can we purchase cubs/sox tix?

Tekijawa
01-14-2005, 11:12 AM
SEASON TICKETS, PARTIAL SEASON TICKETS, OZZIE AND MINNIE PLANS AND SCALPERS

anewman35
01-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Unless you buy a package or a group or season tickets, you can't.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Unless you buy a package or a group or season tickets, you can't.
Ain't that a load of dog poop. Are the Scrubs doing the samething?

Clement's beard
01-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Scalper or a ticket broker. Prepare to pay triple the amount of face.

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Ain't that a load of dog poop. Are the Scrubs doing the samething?wrigley field premium....

FightingBillini
01-14-2005, 11:22 AM
They announced that single game Cubs-Sox tickets will be on sale AT Soxfest

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 11:26 AM
They announced that single game Cubs-Sox tickets will be on sale AT SoxfestI'm trying my best to make it to Sunday for SoxFest. Would anyone be able to grab me 4 tickets to the Saturday game (6/25)? I'll pay you in Las Vegas Poker Chips. Haha, I'm kidding. If anyone can be as gracious enough to possibly pull that off for me, I'd be extremely appreciative.

PM if you can, ESPECIALLY if you're going tonight.

jabrch
01-14-2005, 11:33 AM
I didn't see that. I'd be really surprised if they do - they like to use those as bait to sell the partial packages.

BRDSR
01-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Two years ago, the White Sox put 300 Cubs/Sox tix on sale the Wednesday before the series for the Friday game. Maybe these are tickets reserved for season ticket plans that didn't pan out, I don't know. Either way, I bought tickets 48 hours in advance on ticketmaster and sat in section 163 when Jose Valentin hit a game-winning, bottom of the ninth homer off Antonio Alfonseca to beat the Cubs 4-3. I've been to 4 of the 5 Cubs/Sox games at the the Cell since then. If you don't get tickets before the season starts, keep your eyes peeled...sometimes they magically appear.

pinwheels3530
01-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Who cares about the Cubs!!!!

C-Dawg
01-14-2005, 12:52 PM
no...ticketbastard still need to place the game in thier system, since the sox use thier equipmnent to sell tix at the box office......it'll be considered sold out at 10am...
Gene
I hope this is not true. I've been online all morning; it keeps showing the "Buy Tickets" icon but then says they're not available. At least this year I managed to get online at 10:00 AM instead of waiting until after work like I did last year.

Something tells me that the Cubs and their fans have somehow managed to get all the tickets.

anewman35
01-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Something tells me that the Cubs and their fans have somehow managed to get all the tickets.
Um, no. Like last year, they never went on sale for single game sales.

JoseCanseco6969
01-14-2005, 01:11 PM
Where in god's name did you hear that??? I would love if that were true, but I highly doubt it.

jake27
01-14-2005, 01:20 PM
i was in line today at the cell for tickets and brooks boyer said the only was is if you have a tickey plan (full season, hafl season, 9 or 13, etc.) but i find it hard to beleive that there are over 35,000 full or patrial ticket holders...

FightingBillini
01-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Where in god's name did you hear that??? I would love if that were true, but I highly doubt it.
Back in November or whenever it was, when they originally announced Soxfest, they said among the things there, individual game tickets for Cubs-Sox series would be on sale at Soxfest. Maybe they changed their minds, but I know it was talked about on this board.

anewman35
01-14-2005, 01:27 PM
i was in line today at the cell for tickets and brooks boyer said the only was is if you have a tickey plan (full season, hafl season, 9 or 13, etc.) but i find it hard to beleive that there are over 35,000 full or patrial ticket holders...
Well, there don't have to be quite that many plans - Can't some plan holders buy additional tickets? And I think it's also been mentioned that groups could get tickets if they also bought for some other games.

FightingBillini
01-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Ok, when looking through the WSI archive I couldnt find anything on individual Cubs-Sox tickets on sale at Soxfest. I thought I remember hearing that. I guess I was wrong.:redface:

CallMeNuts
01-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Ain't that a load of dog poop. Are the Scrubs doing the samething?
There are probably quite a few full or partial season ticket holders on WSI. As one, I certainly think we should get some perks, including the ability to get extras for the most popular games of the year.

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 01:52 PM
There are probably quite a few full or partial season ticket holders on WSI. As one, I certainly think we should get some perks, including the ability to get extras for the most popular games of the year.wew got an offer in october ...but it was just ud tix
Gene

BeerHandle
01-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Was there a lot of people in line at the Cell?

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Was there a lot of people in line at the Cell?
I'd estimate 250-300 at 10am. I don't know if there's been a constant flow all day. I realize that some people have to work. I wish I was one of them

Tekijawa
01-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Well, there don't have to be quite that many plans - Can't some plan holders buy additional tickets? And I think it's also been mentioned that groups could get tickets if they also bought for some other games.
I bought the 13 Game package and was able to get a 14th (extra Cubs game) for the UD only... You also have to keep in mind the GROUP/PATIO Parties, of which I was royaly screwed out of this year because I couldn't aford to put together 2 other groups in order to get my Group the Cubs Sox tix again this year... I think that between those, the Full/Partial Season ticket holders and the Minnie and Ozzie plans that it would be close to full for all three games....

jake27
01-15-2005, 12:50 AM
does any of the season tickey holders get any extra tickets for the cubs sox or can get extra tickets for the sox, i would love it if i would beable to buy them off of you. i dont care if its in the upper deck or anything. if ne1 can or whatever email me at jtheland@nmu.edu