PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Hernandez Article in ST

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Read the article this morning, spends most of the time talking about his career and his comeuppance but still a good article. Also a good article on the side about SoxFest.

FYI - not that it matters much but I've seen much better coverage of the Sox in the ST than before. I guess not making any winter moves or dumping Sosa casts the Cubs in a bad light. I don't read the Trib so not sure what(if any) it's saying lately.

hold2dibber
01-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Read the article this morning, spends most of the time talking about his career and his comeuppance but still a good article. Also a good article on the side about SoxFest.

FYI - not that it matters much but I've seen much better coverage of the Sox in the ST than before. I guess not making any winter moves or dumping Sosa casts the Cubs in a bad light. I don't read the Trib so not sure what(if any) it's saying lately.
Do you mean Hernandez (El Duque)? Or Alex Fernandez? Or someone else? Link?

DiGiSyKo
01-14-2005, 07:25 AM
i'm guessing Orlando Hernandez... http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox14.html

DiGiSyKo
01-14-2005, 07:27 AM
here's the soxfest link: http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-fest14.html

Frater Perdurabo
01-14-2005, 07:50 AM
That's an amazing story. Speaks to his character and his ability to face adversity.

I'd have liked to have seen the Sox puruse Livan Hernandez in addition to Orlando.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-14-2005, 11:22 AM
Do you mean Hernandez (El Duque)? Or Alex Fernandez? Or someone else? Link?
My apologies...it was too early for the caffeine to kick in.

DiGiSyKo
01-14-2005, 02:27 PM
My apologies...it was too early for the caffeine to kick in.understandable... thanks for the heads up on the article! :bandance:

JUribe1989
01-14-2005, 02:43 PM
I get the Tribune and there were many good stories about the Sox today. Their coverage has gotten much better this year in my opinion.

thepaulbowski
01-14-2005, 03:42 PM
That's an amazing story. Speaks to his character and his ability to face adversity.

I'd have liked to have seen the Sox puruse Livan Hernandez in addition to Orlando.
Wasn't Livian the one who attacked a guy with a golf club?

DiGiSyKo
01-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Wasn't Livian the one who attacked a guy with a golf club?
yep, the man was in his 60s