PDA

View Full Version : soxfest anything special autographed?

soxwon
01-13-2005, 09:29 PM
is anyone going to get anything special autographed?
im just gonna rtry to get carl everett to sign an allstar game tshirt.

Brian26
01-13-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm going through the schedule trying to devise a gameplan. I guess I'd like to get the new guys' autos: Dye, Pods, Garcia, and Pierzynski. I have a blank bat....not sure who I should use for it.

Brian26
01-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Raines would be cool to get an auto from too.

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 09:40 PM
I was gonna have Big Frank autograph my "400" sign .....
but hes not here this year. Dang

soxwon
01-13-2005, 09:42 PM

are you going to the private autograph session with Tim sat 3-5 pm?

mike squires
01-13-2005, 09:57 PM
I got the Rock during the reunion game a few years ago on his Topps rookie card. There's so many I wish I'd gotten a ball signed but that gets a bit expensive. Of all the plaayers you listed I'd get the bat signed by Dye. If you don't have Konerko I'd get it on the bat (oh wait, he's not gonna be there is he.) Do you allready have Frank (oh wait, hes not going to be there...) Yeah I'd go with Dye.:) Or Ozzie.

IF I was going I'd get Larussa on my old Comiskey seat to go with the rest of the 3 players...

Palehose13
01-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Last year I got an '85 Guillen jersey autographed "1985 ROY Ozzie Guillen". I just need a frame. I was thinking of just getting a ball or two and trying to get the whole team to sign it this year. I also have baseball cards....easy to carry for when you just run into the guys.

I have an '83 Western division champs pennant (with the team pic). I was thinking about getting LaRussa to sign it, but I don't want to deal with that line.

Palehose13
01-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I got the Rock during the reunion game a few years ago on his Topps rookie card. There's so many I wish I'd gotten a ball signed but that gets a bit expensive. Of all the plaayers you listed I'd get the bat signed by Dye. If you don't have Konerko I'd get it on the bat (oh wait, he's not gonna be there is he.) Do you allready have Frank (oh wait, hes not going to be there...) Yeah I'd go with Dye.:) Or Ozzie.

IF I was going I'd get Larussa on my old Comiskey seat to go with the rest of the 3 players...
IIRC, Konerko will be there.

Brian26
01-13-2005, 10:29 PM
My problem is that I've already got a lot of these guys auto's on baseballs. I'm looking at my wall here and I've got 12 or 13 balls signed. I just went through my card collection and pulled some nice, non-glossy surface cards, mostly Topps, to get signed. I made sure to grab an old Ed Farmer card and a couple of Donn Pall cards (he always seems to be lurking around). I pulled Guillen's rookie card. Is Kittle going to be there? I pulled a couple of his cards too. Got Walker's rookie also. I've got a cool PK card (Bowman Heritage 2002) that will look really cool with a signature on it. I've already got PK (who has a really cool auto, btw) on a ball, so I might get him on the card and the bat. Topps "Total" puts out a nice product for fringe guys like Politte, Adkins and Peapod.

Palehose13
01-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Yep. Kittle will be there.

I have mostly cards signed, but I think it will be a cool challenge to see if I can get the whole team on one ball by the end of the season.

Brian26
01-13-2005, 10:44 PM
The past couple of years I've had a miscellaneous ball for guys who were somewhat fringe players who I didn't want to spend 9 bucks on for their own ball.

The 2004 Misc ball: sweet spot: Valentin, also Cora, Guillen, Gary Peters, Hawk, DJ, Rowand, and Greg Walker.

The 2003 Misc ball: sweet spot: Baines, also Josh Paul, Donn Pall, Kenny, Manual, DJ, Kittle and Garland.

chisoxcardsbabe
01-13-2005, 10:46 PM
I have this drawing I did of Neal Cotts in an art class I took last year that I want to get signed.

My worst fear is having him look at it and go, "You've got my profile all wrong." :redface:

TornLabrum
01-13-2005, 11:14 PM
My autographs all go into the White Sox Encyclopedia.

thepaulbowski
01-14-2005, 07:48 AM
Last year I got an '85 Guillen jersey autographed "1985 ROY Ozzie Guillen". I just need a frame. I was thinking of just getting a ball or two and trying to get the whole team to sign it this year. I also have baseball cards....easy to carry for when you just run into the guys.

I have an '83 Western division champs pennant (with the team pic). I was thinking about getting LaRussa to sign it, but I don't want to deal with that line.
If you are looking for a frame for a jersey, I think Grandstand has some of them. I was looking at getting one for signed Konerko jersey. They are a bit salty $200-$300, if I remember correctly. But they were pretty sharp.

Now that I'm thinking about it since my wife has to work all weekend, she couldn't stop me from buying the frame. :cool:

thepaulbowski
01-14-2005, 07:50 AM
My problem is that I've already got a lot of these guys auto's on baseballs. I'm looking at my wall here and I've got 12 or 13 balls signed. I just went through my card collection and pulled some nice, non-glossy surface cards, mostly Topps, to get signed. I made sure to grab an old Ed Farmer card and a couple of Donn Pall cards (he always seems to be lurking around). I pulled Guillen's rookie card. Is Kittle going to be there? I pulled a couple of his cards too. Got Walker's rookie also. I've got a cool PK card (Bowman Heritage 2002) that will look really cool with a signature on it. I've already got PK (who has a really cool auto, btw) on a ball, so I might get him on the card and the bat. Topps "Total" puts out a nice product for fringe guys like Politte, Adkins and Peapod.
There are so many new people this year that I have a feeling I'm going to drop a decent amount just on baseballs. For some reason, I just think autographs look great on baseballs.

Rocky Soprano
01-14-2005, 08:57 AM
I bought a Sept 2, 1968 edition of Sports Illustrated with the Hawk on the cover, I am going to try and get him to sign that.

i have a baseball that I am trying to get all full of Sox auto's, so I will keep using that.

WhiteSoxFan84
01-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I have this drawing I did of Neal Cotts in an art class I took last year that I want to get signed.

My worst fear is having him look at it and go, "You've got my profile all wrong." :redface:
He seems to be a lot like Jon Garland: surfer boy/airhead. Your worst fear should be him not recognizing who the drawing is of.

But nonetheless, have no fear. If anyone had a drawing of me, I don't care how bad it looked, I'd be honored and would love it. So I hope Cotts feels the same way. Maybe he'll even grab your drawing, stand up on a table and scream out, "Ladies and gentlemen, THIS..IS..ME! And God damn I look good!" :D:

FightingBillini
01-14-2005, 11:51 AM
He seems to be a lot like Jon Garland: surfer boy/airhead. Your worst fear should be him not recognizing who the drawing is of.

But nonetheless, have no fear. If anyone had a drawing of me, I don't care how bad it looked, I'd be honored and would love it. So I hope Cotts feels the same way. Maybe he'll even grab your drawing, stand up on a table and scream out, "Ladies and gentlemen, THIS..IS..ME! And God damn I look good!" :D:
I dont know how much surfing Cotts got done in central Illinois.

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 11:57 AM
I dont know how much surfing Cotts got done in central Illinois.
The Kanakee River is renowned for the 15 foot waves

mike squires
01-14-2005, 08:34 PM
The past couple of years I've had a miscellaneous ball for guys who were somewhat fringe players who I didn't want to spend 9 bucks on for their own ball.

The 2004 Misc ball: sweet spot: Valentin, also Cora, Guillen, Gary Peters, Hawk, DJ, Rowand, and Greg Walker.

The 2003 Misc ball: sweet spot: Baines, also Josh Paul, Donn Pall, Kenny, Manual, DJ, Kittle and Garland.IMO Out of those names I think Guillen, Hawk and Baines deserve their own ball. I think I have Kittle by himself just cause I liked him so much as a child.

Of course you know by now I have a seat back from old Comiskey signd by 17 of the 83 members. Would you include Hawk and Kusner on there as well since both were affiliated with the team or keep it just as it is with the players?

C-Dawg
01-14-2005, 08:53 PM

I am still thinking of bringing an old program from the LaRussa days - You're going to hate me for saying it, but among others I have the program from the '83 clincher against Seattle (my brother was there; unfortunately I wasn't, and yes, he kept score).

bafiarocks03
01-14-2005, 10:31 PM
Willie Harris signed my 'Harris' jersey!!! ahh..yay! :D: :D: :D: :D: :bandance: :D:

Jjav829
01-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Willie Harris signed my 'Harris' jersey!!! ahh..yay! :D: :D: :D: :D: :bandance: :D:
You should have had him sign an Iguchi jersey...:cool:

Joosh
01-14-2005, 10:41 PM
My Dad is going to try and get his Red 70's Sox cap signed by Bill Melton. He said he would do anything... ANYTHING, to get that signed.

chisoxcardsbabe
01-14-2005, 10:48 PM

My chest started to hurt when I presented the drawing to him....I mean, that's perfectly healthy, right? :tongue:

He seemed to really dig it! Actually, afterwards he leafed through my entire sketchbook and looked at a drawing I did of Jon Garland (which will be signed tomorrow). He gave me this big smile and said, "I like mine waaaaaay better." He signed the drawing parallel to where I had signed it, and even added his number as well. Veeeeeery cool.

chidavid18
01-14-2005, 11:35 PM
He ask where I got it from Santa Brought it to me in his sled. I gess there are not may of thoughs out there on the open market.

awesomefan
01-15-2005, 12:12 AM
:tongue: I love reading about all the fun & autographs you guys got at SoxFest.

I mostly like to get baseballs & 8 x 10 pictures signed.

Covers of sports magazines are pretty cool...I got Bo Jackson's autograph on the cover of a Beckett sportscard magazine. The black & white cover picture of Bo wearing football shoulderpads with a baseball bat across his shoulders...AWESOME!!!!

One year I took an 8 X 10 picture of me in my backyard with a lifesize standup of Frank Thomas...Frank signed it. I was squatted in front of Frank wearing Sox hat & shirt with a ballglove & ball in my hands.

Sorry I can't make it to SoxFest again this year. I went for almost 10 years in a row & have tons of autographs. I should be able to make it next year.

I'm very excited about our Sox this year. I'll be in the Sox chat rooms during almost every game, as usual. See some of you guys there.

I LOVE WHITE SOX CHAT ROOMS!!!!

:supernana:

Brian26
01-15-2005, 08:08 PM
Of course you know by now I have a seat back from old Comiskey signd by 17 of the 83 members. Would you include Hawk and Kusner on there as well since both were affiliated with the team or keep it just as it is with the players?

Definitely put Hawk on there. He was the color commentator for the team. Wasn't Kusyner a coach that year? I can't remember.

Brian26
01-15-2005, 08:08 PM
You should have had him sign an Iguchi jersey...:cool:

Hahaha.

Joosh
01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
I got an 8X10 Glossy Photo of Frank Thomas in my Mystery Bag. And it was AUTOGRAPHED!

Brian26
01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
:tongue: I love reading about all the fun & autographs you guys got at SoxFest.

I actually have a blast chatting with people in line with the various pieces of memorabilia they bring to get signed. A guy in front of me this morning had a catcher's mit that he'd been bringing to Soxfest every year since 2000. He had almost everyone's name on it- from Frank and Mags to Bob Howry and Herbert Perry. He told me he took it with him to warm up pitchers on his son's Little League team once in awhile, and the kids really liked it.

Some other kids had bats with just about every player's signature on it from the past ten years.

Saw a woman today with an '83 Kittle jersey....and the very cool part was that Kittle signed both sides of it with "Ron Kittle - '83 Rookie of the Year", so that if she ever wanted to frame it, she could pick either side and still have his auto.

HITMEN OF 77
01-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Carlos May on my 1969 scorecards with him on the cover.
Everett on his game bat
Gload on his game bat
Konerko on his game bat, 2 game jerseys and game helmet (Sunday)