PDA

View Full Version : nsync=cub fans! hahaha

ihatethecubs
10-20-2001, 12:21 AM
2 geeks from the gay group nsync are starring in their own movie called "on the line" it takes place in chicago and in the preview there's a shot of them at wrigley, a shot of one guy walking in front of wrigley, then a bunch of shots of a guy who stars in the movie who is always wearing a cubs hat and a cubs jacket, and then theres a shot of them in a bar and theres all these cubs pennants and posters on the wall! all this in a 30 second preview. figures a stupid boy band would like the cubs. im sure the movie has all the chicago stereotypes in it too like they hang out at navy pier, live downtown, eat deep dish pizza, listen to the blues, love the cubs, etc...

Soxheads
10-20-2001, 12:24 AM
Yes, that figures. Stereotypes all around.

GASHWOUND
10-20-2001, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by ihatethecubs
2 geeks from the gay group nsync are starring in their own movie called "on the line" it takes place in chicago and in the preview there's a shot of them at wrigley, a shot of one guy walking in front of wrigley, then a bunch of shots of a guy who stars in the movie who is always wearing a cubs hat and a cubs jacket, and then theres a shot of them in a bar and theres all these cubs pennants and posters on the wall! all this in a 30 second preview. figures a stupid boy band would like the cubs. im sure the movie has all the chicago stereotypes in it too like they hang out at navy pier, live downtown, eat deep dish pizza, listen to the blues, love the cubs, etc...

LMMFAO!!! Oh crap, now THAT's funny.
But thats typical. If you're an "outsider" meaning you haven't grown up in Chicago or near Chicago the sheeple automatically jump on the Flubs "bandwagon" cause they are the cuddly, wubbly "Safe" team while they view the Sox as this "Gangsta style" team where all their fans are hoodlums or some bullcrap like that. In my brief traveling experience I have found out things from outsiders about what they think about the teams from Chicago.
I've been to Orlando 5 times in my life(cousins live there) and I hang out with all the "burbs kids." Of Course just about all my clothing is Sox related(jersey's, shirts) and the first thing out of their mouths is "you're a Whitesox fan???" Yeah! Than I would ask them why, is that a bad thing.
You WON'T believe the statement this one kid said to me.
"But, aren't the Sox liked by all those rappers and guys like that."
I swear he said that!!!
I said, Oh BROTHER... He sees Dr. Dre wear a Sox cap in his videos a couple times and he brands all Sox fans "lowlife's" or something like that.

This joker didn't have a clue on what the hell he was saying. I was so intersted on what this kid's view was on the Chi. Sports teams.
This other kid said that he liked our "Logo" and thats why he liked the Sox. Whoa, I found a Sox fan! To bad he couldn't name a player on the team besides Frank Thomas.
Sigh....I also have been to Boston. OH MAN!!!Don't go to Boston wearing a Whitesox jersey. I went to a shopping center down there wearing a Thomas jersey and all I got was stares. Does Boston not like the Sox??? I didn't think we were enemies or anything like that. This boy who lives in the neighborhood asked me why I was wearing that "fake Sox jersey" Fake? Why is it fake? I asked. "There's only one Sox team that should be in baseball." the guy said. Sigh....Oh, shut UP," I said.
This is the disrespect I got wearing a Sox jersey. I couldn't believe all the stereotypes I kept on hearing.

If a movie or a tv show is shooting in Chicago or the show is based in Chicago, the cast will always be Flubs fan. Its the "safe" choice. There is one show that Chicago is the backdrop of wear its taking place. "According to Jim" is the name of it. It stars Jim Bulushi and they live in Chicago. I don't know if Bulushi is a Sox fan or not, but he'll probably be a Chup fan for the series. The show doesn't want to scare the audience. If the star is a Sox fan than he must be a lowlife and people won't be able to relate to him. I watched last week's show and it was about him going to a Bears game.

I'm sure everybody has stories of being out of town and hearing what other people think of the Sox. "Ewww, your a Sox fan..ewww"
Thats what other people are thinking.

BTW, IHTC...I'm GLAD N'sync isn't a Whitesox fan. People should be thanking god for that. Feeewwwww. :)

Jerry_Manuel
10-20-2001, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Does Boston not like the Sox???

Maybe their still mad at us for signing Fisk.

oldcomiskey
10-20-2001, 01:02 PM
its not like they were gonna sign him

CLR01
10-20-2001, 02:21 PM

So because these 2 members of a band are starring in a MOVIE that they happen to be cubs fans in, the whole group gets labeled as cub fans in real life? Whatever.

ihatethecubs
10-20-2001, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by CLR01

So because these 2 members of a band are starring in a MOVIE that they happen to be cubs fans in, the whole group gets labeled as cub fans in real life? Whatever.

what are you a nsync fan or something?

SOXSINCE'70
10-20-2001, 09:25 PM
Like this is supposed to surprise me.As i've told countless friends,"you could put 25 Beanie Babies on that damn field,and they'd still draw almost 3 mil".

Nsync sucks!! As a 39 year old part time musician, they are an insult to my profession.Not that there aren't any good artists out there today,but these guys (Nsync) are a run off a tough pitcher in a playoff game;they're manufactured!!

CLR01
10-21-2001, 01:55 AM

what are you a nsync fan or something?

Hell no, i can stand a few of their songs but thats about it. Just pointing out that just because they wore a cubs jersey and did some shots in and around the urine shrine in a movie it doesnt make them sox fans. Its not like they went to the director and said it would be really cool if we got some of these shots at wrigley. I heard he same thing a couple of months ago when Marcus Robinson sang take me out to the ball game. Everyone flamed him for wearing a cubs shirt.

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 02:05 AM
What major musical groups have professed their love of the Sox?

CLR01
10-21-2001, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads
What major musical groups have professed their love of the Sox?

What major musical groups have professed their love for the cubs??

Soxheads
10-21-2001, 02:15 AM
Good point.