PDA

View Full Version : Here y'er renovation photos....

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Pulled these off the Sox website. Have fun. There are more, I've got to go to work, the rest are in the photo gallery on whitesox.com.

RedHeadPaleHoser
01-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Cool...weird to see the picture going down the #B line with the hole in the Fundamentals area.

ewokpelts
01-13-2005, 01:43 PM
one thing i dont like about the scout seats is that they didnt make any seats CLOSER to teh action....it all follows the original contour of the bowl....hate to say it...but the extra seats they put in wrigley was a cool idea....i thought they would have emulated it somehow....

Gene

Palehose Pete
01-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the photos. I guess was hoping to see that tunnel behind home plate completely disappear, but overall I like the way the renovations look so far.

GO GO SOX!!!

Rocky Soprano
01-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Is it spring training yet?

mweflen
01-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Bah. Fewer seats for real fans, more $200 seats to go empty. The rail is a nice touch, too. Got to keep the riff raff out, eh?

Why don't they make a real year-round budget section like most playoff teams have?

NSSoxFan2
01-13-2005, 01:53 PM
one thing i dont like about the scout seats is that they didnt make any seats CLOSER to teh action....it all follows the original contour of the bowl....hate to say it...but the extra seats they put in wrigley was a cool idea....i thought they would have emulated it somehow....

Gene
I don't understand...They aren't even close to finished yet, remember the umpire tunnel is going to be gone completely. There will be seats that are closer to the action, just look at the renderings.

chisox2005
01-13-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm not sure how much the advertising boards in the outfield played into the homeruns, but will the FUNdamentals have any effect on how the homers will travel to left?

NonetheLoaiza
01-13-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the update. Weird to see snow on the baseball field. I know it happens, but weird to see nonetheless.

anewman35
01-13-2005, 01:58 PM
I don't understand...They aren't even close to finished yet, remember the umpire tunnel is going to be gone completely. There will be seats that are closer to the action, just look at the renderings.
No, it's not. If you look at the renderings, there still is a tunnel there, just smaller. And as far as I know, there were never any plans to put any seats closer to the action.

ewokpelts
01-13-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't understand...They aren't even close to finished yet, remember the umpire tunnel is going to be gone completely. There will be seats that are closer to the action, just look at the renderings.i have...the first row will STILL be in the same spot...they are not adding row up front.....compare that with wrigley's...they added 3 rows which gave them 250 more seats...mind you, those 250 seats cost 200 dollars a game...but it's still better than the open spaces of yore
Gnee

anewman35
01-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Pulled these off the Sox website. Have fun. There are more, I've got to go to work, the rest are in the photo gallery on whitesox.com.
I feel like a moron, but I totally can't find the gallary on whitesox.com. Anybody have a link?

Gammons Peter
01-13-2005, 02:05 PM
There will be seats that are closer to the action, just look at the renderings.
NO, they wont, just look at the renderings

Sad
01-13-2005, 02:07 PM
that's what the aisle is (a tunnel)
and a gate to let em in & out!

Sad
01-13-2005, 02:08 PM
at least it looks like a gate...

gosox41
01-13-2005, 02:10 PM

Gene
Does anyone know what sections and rows the expensive Scout seats are taking over?

Bob

Tekijawa
01-13-2005, 02:17 PM
I hope I can pick me up a piece of that Comiskey pre-fabricated concrete at the Garage sale this weekend!

Baby Fisk
01-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Where's the tiger carousel going?

ZachAL
01-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Bah. Fewer seats for real fans, more $200 seats to go empty. The rail is a nice touch, too. Got to keep the riff raff out, eh?

Why don't they make a real year-round budget section like most playoff teams have?
Just because some people can afford those seats doesn't mean they're not "real" fans. I mean what's to say they arent more of "real" fans than you or I are? I'd be willing to bet more seats in the upper deck where the supposed "real fans" are will be empty than those seats. I personally am thankful for the people sitting there IF it adds more revenue for the team to work with. I do agree with you though that even though the sox have some of the lowest ticket prices in the majors that i've come across they need a year round budget section, for example Atlanta sells $5 (maybe 10, but no more than $10) tickets for the worst seats in the park year round, which is a lot of fun.

mdep524
01-13-2005, 02:25 PM
I feel like a moron, but I totally can't find the gallary on whitesox.com. Anybody have a link?
It's through the Sox home page: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=cws

Then click on "Second Half" in the "Photo Galleries" section to the right of the main story. Then you can choose "View Other Galleries" and the Renevation photos are in there.

mweflen
01-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I do agree with you though that even though the sox have some of the lowest ticket prices in the majors that i've come across they need a year round budget section, for example Atlanta sells $5 (maybe 10, but no more than $10) tickets for the worst seats in the park year round, which is a lot of fun. Atlanta has $5 seats in the UD corners, and $1 "skyline" seats at the corner edges of their UD.

Our cheapest UD seat is $14, and that's only on weekdays. They generally go empty - if I were Sox Management, I'd rather make $5 on a seat than $0.

I'm annoyed with the "scout seats" because they just take away otherwise good seats from fans who have been sitting in them for years at normal LD prices. If they were adding rows, that would be one thing - but they're not.

I wonder... are the scout seats a mere $100 on mondays?

anewman35
01-13-2005, 02:51 PM
I'm annoyed with the "scout seats" because they just take away otherwise good seats from fans who have been sitting in them for years at normal LD prices. If they were adding rows, that would be one thing - but they're not.
Those are seats that are going to sell no matter what the cost, because they're going to be the best seats in the park and probably most will be bought by corporations and the like. Therefore, might as well charge as much as possible for them, so the team can make more money.

Irishsox1
01-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Who is faster around the bases, Konerko or this thing?

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2364

mweflen
01-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Those are seats that are going to sell no matter what the cost, because they're going to be the best seats in the park and probably most will be bought by corporations and the like. Therefore, might as well charge as much as possible for them, so the team can make more money. Those seats are in exactly the same spot as they were last year and every year back to the construction of the park. Did they sell out then? I've been to a lot of games over the past 5 seasons, and almost without fail, the area behind home plate was half full.

They're not "going to be" better than they were at any point in the past - they'll have the same angle, pitch, and everything. Just because they call something "premium" doesn't mean you have to be a big enough sucker to buy it.

They're just going to end up being "hey, i can call someone from my cell phone on TV" seats, with a stadium club attached.

I mean, what's next - a velvet rope around section 533 and call it "the upper reaches" at $50 a pop?

Foulke You
01-13-2005, 03:31 PM
I wonder... are the scout seats a mere $100 on mondays?
...and if you bring a Pepsi can on Tuesday night, that also drops the scout seats to a reasonable $100 per seat!:cool:

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Those seats are in exactly the same spot as they were last year and every year back to the construction of the park. Did they sell out then? I've been to a lot of games over the past 5 seasons, and almost without fail, the area behind home plate was half full.

They're not "going to be" better than they were at any point in the past - they'll have the same angle, pitch, and everything. Just because they call something "premium" doesn't mean you have to be a big enough sucker to buy it.

They're just going to end up being "hey, i can call someone from my cell phone on TV" seats, with a stadium club attached.

I mean, what's next - a velvet rope around section 533 and call it "the upper reaches" at $50 a pop?An empty seat does not mean it wasn't sold. All those seats are season tickets. I'm sure the scout seats will be, too.

mweflen
01-13-2005, 03:41 PM
An empty seat does not mean it wasn't sold. All those seats are season tickets. I'm sure the scout seats will be, too.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/y2005/scouts_seats/scouts_seats.jsp

They're not typical season ticketed seats. You can buy single game, 1 year, 3 year or 5 year commitments. And the prices go UP every year unless you buy a 5 year commitment.

MUsoxfan
01-13-2005, 03:44 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/y2005/scouts_seats/scouts_seats.jsp

They're not typical season ticketed seats. You can buy single game, 1 year, 3 year or 5 year commitments. And the prices go UP every year unless you buy a 5 year commitment.
I promise you that most of those seats will go to high rolling sponsors.....U.S. Cellular, Van Kampen funds, LaSalle Bank, etc. And all those sponsors will sign up for the 5 year plan

hold2dibber
01-13-2005, 04:45 PM
I promise you that most of those seats will go to high rolling sponsors.....U.S. Cellular, Van Kampen funds, LaSalle Bank, etc. And all those sponsors will sign up for the 5 year plan
I agree -- I'm guessing that Brooks Boyer and staff did some research on the marketability of such "premium seating" before they pulled the trigger on these renovations.

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 04:52 PM

They're not typical season ticketed seats. You can buy single game, 1 year, 3 year or 5 year commitments. And the prices go UP every year unless you buy a 5 year commitment.They could probably sell all of them on long-term committments. They may hold some back for VIP's, and these might be available on the day of the game, much like the Premium Lower Deck seats.

EMel9281
01-13-2005, 04:59 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2364
This thing...!

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 05:15 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2364Has this thing ever had an inside-the-park home run? No? OK, then.

C-Dawg
01-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Although I'm happy the umpire's tunnel is going away or being reduced in size, I'm worried about seeing lots of empty seats in this section on TV. I mean, say LaSalle Bank buys a group of 75 seats... Will those seats be filled all the time? Or just when the bank has a bunch of big clients they are trying to impress. Nothing reinforces the "only 500 people go to Sox games" stereotype that some people have more than seeing empty seats on TV. But it least it would be better than seeing that dark tunnel all the time on the centerfield camera.

FightingBillini
01-14-2005, 12:04 AM

Actually, its a brick wall that will be keeping the "riff raff" out. The rail is just for construction purposes.

MUsoxfan
01-14-2005, 12:24 AM
Although I'm happy the umpire's tunnel is going away or being reduced in size, I'm worried about seeing lots of empty seats in this section on TV. I mean, say LaSalle Bank buys a group of 75 seats... Will those seats be filled all the time? Or just when the bank has a bunch of big clients they are trying to impress. Nothing reinforces the "only 500 people go to Sox games" stereotype that some people have more than seeing empty seats on TV. But it least it would be better than seeing that dark tunnel all the time on the centerfield camera.
Those tickets will always go to someone, whether it be clients or employees or friends of employees. I've had alot of corporate tickets over the years....even corporations don't like to waste money by not using tickets

seththesock1
01-16-2005, 03:59 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else agree that the white sox current uniforms are too 90's and need to be replaced. We are already spending all this money on renovating stadium and team, i'm pretty sure we can afford some dramatic new uniforms to go along with the team and new green seats! The uniforms should go along with stadium renovations and team renovations to help bring back classic baseball to chicago.

I was thinking of a dark green or navy blue and a dark grey as primary colors.
The new logo can be the classic sox logo (a large S with an o and x inside it.)
the hat logo can be a simple C for chicago.
Please give me your replies if you agree on new uniforms or have any ideas of your own.:smile:

lths06
01-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Where's that pic of the reporter beating the dead hoarse?

Parrothead
01-16-2005, 04:55 PM
Where's that pic of the reporter beating the dead hoarse?

Good question. I can't find it either.

zach074
01-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else agree that the white sox current uniforms are too 90's and need to be replaced. We are already spending all this money on renovating stadium and team, i'm pretty sure we can afford some dramatic new uniforms to go along with the team and new green seats! The uniforms should go along with stadium renovations and team renovations to help bring back classic baseball to chicago.

I was thinking of a dark green or navy blue and a dark grey as primary colors.
The new logo can be the classic sox logo (a large S with an o and x inside it.)
the hat logo can be a simple C for chicago.

Please give me your replies if you agree on new uniforms or have any ideas of your own.:smile:
Not another uniform post! I believe in general most of us like the uniforms and don't want changes unless they are very minor. Not totally different uniforms.:mad:

SouthBendSox
01-16-2005, 09:33 PM
the increased corporification of sports culture...

those "premium" "scouts" seats...

whatever... they'll be empty, unused and not worth the price of construction

I thought being a Sox fan meant we were different from the Cubs?

from all the Ferris Buellers in the NW 'burbs...

I guess not.

Sell Jerry Sell

MUsoxfan
01-16-2005, 10:39 PM
the increased corporification of sports culture...

those "premium" "scouts" seats...

whatever... they'll be empty, unused and not worth the price of construction

I thought being a Sox fan meant we were different from the Cubs?

from all the Ferris Buellers in the NW 'burbs...

I guess not.

Sell Jerry Sell

It's not only the Cubs and Sox that do the premium seating. For instance:

Brewers $75 seats in first 5 rows between the Dugouts (available for the season only)

Red Sox $85 seats first several rows almost all the way around the field and $120 Monster tickets

Reds have a variety of "Premium Seating" with prices from $200-$50

Marlins have $75 seating

Dodgers have a "Dugout Club" that they don't even list prices for.

Mets have a "Home Plate Club"

Yankees have $95 seating for about 10 rows from dugout to dugout

Phillies have a "Diamond Club"

Pirates have a "Home Plate Club" that ranges from $110-$210/game

Padres have "Dugout Seats" that require a membership fee on top of the ticket price.

Giants have a $77 Premium Field Club section behind home plate

DRays have a section that works out to $134 a ticket

Blue Jays have "In the Action" seats that run for $205 a game

Nationals have $90 seats

All these teams plus at least a couple more are doing what the Sox are gonna start doing this year. There is clearly a demand for these types of tickets. Plus, the Sox "Scout Seats" include your parking, food, and drink IIRC. Most of the teams mentioned above charge more, probably don't give you the same quality experience, and many put a very poor product on the field.

ewokpelts
01-16-2005, 11:59 PM
It's not only the Cubs and Sox that do the premium seating. For instance:

Brewers $75 seats in first 5 rows between the Dugouts (available for the season only)

Red Sox $85 seats first several rows almost all the way around the field and $120 Monster tickets

Reds have a variety of "Premium Seating" with prices from $200-$50

Marlins have $75 seating

Dodgers have a "Dugout Club" that they don't even list prices for.

Mets have a "Home Plate Club"

Yankees have $95 seating for about 10 rows from dugout to dugout

Phillies have a "Diamond Club"

Pirates have a "Home Plate Club" that ranges from $110-$210/game

Padres have "Dugout Seats" that require a membership fee on top of the ticket price.

Giants have a $77 Premium Field Club section behind home plate

DRays have a section that works out to $134 a ticket

Blue Jays have "In the Action" seats that run for $205 a game

Nationals have $90 seats

All these teams plus at least a couple more are doing what the Sox are gonna start doing this year. There is clearly a demand for these types of tickets. Plus, the Sox "Scout Seats" include your parking, food, and drink IIRC. Most of the teams mentioned above charge more, probably don't give you the same quality experience, and many put a very poor product on the field.
the cubs "warning track" tix are just tickets...you dont get any amenities...
Gene

ewokpelts
01-17-2005, 12:01 AM
Not another uniform post! I believe in general most of us like the uniforms and don't want changes unless they are very minor. Not totally different uniforms.:mad:
agreed...no reason to change the uniforms...something that gallas did that was actually good...putting the team in thier best uniforms since 1959(and arguably thier best ever)
Gene