PDA

View Full Version : Rowand to be in studio with MJH this afternoon

OG4LIFE
01-13-2005, 12:46 PM
silvy and jiggetts were just discussing it.

www.am1000.com (http://www.am1000.com) to listen live.

Uncle_Patrick
01-13-2005, 02:08 PM
Did they say what time?

OG4LIFE
01-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Did they say what time?
no, but i'd think that being 'in studio' would mean that he would be on the show for a significant amount of time... so they should give plenty of notice.

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 04:07 PM
Mac said during the 4:00 hour. Skiles is scheduled to be on at 4:00, so I'd guess that Rowand will be on at 4:20.

santo=dorf
01-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Mac said during the 4:00 hour. Skiles is scheduled to be on at 4:00, so I'd guess that Rowand will be on at 4:20.:bong:
:kelly :bkoch: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150119.jpg

"You all know where we'll be at that time!"
:smokin:

MUsoxfan
01-13-2005, 04:38 PM
:kelly :bkoch: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150119.jpg

"You all know where we'll be at that time!"
:smokin:
LOL!!:smile:

Cellview22
01-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks OG4LIFE! I'm listening online right now. Nice way to close out the day.

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 05:20 PM
He'll be on next, for those interested. Sounds like he might be in studio for 2 segments.

Rocky Soprano
01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Rowand is on now!

JUribe1989
01-13-2005, 05:26 PM
He's making fun of Manuel LOL

NonetheLoaiza
01-13-2005, 05:28 PM
I thought the comment about Crede was funny...having the 9th spot in the lineup locked...

JUribe1989
01-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Rowand is defending Crede, hes a great teammate

Flight #24
01-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Rowand is defending Crede, hes a great teammate
And here comes the bus....and there goes Carlos Lee. Talk about the most backhanded way to avoid answering a question while confirming that the reports on Carlos' indifferent attitude towards coaching & D are true.

Rocky Soprano
01-13-2005, 05:33 PM
MJH called him a veteran and he got a kick out of that.

He loves to think he could of a corner stone, he wants to be a Sox for the rest of his career.

Last year, he came out as a surprise. Felt bad that Maggs went down, but he was glad that he can play everyday.

He had to work into Ozzie's graces. 180 turn from Manuel, they all laugh and say yeah he stays awake. Ozzie told him he had to prove himself. Ozzie talks the whole time and pats everyone and gets in the face.

He doesnt care where he hits. As long as he can play.

Crede has been working his butt off. Fans can expect big things from him this year. Joe doesnt show emotion but he does beat himself up on the inside.
This year he should be fine.

What he thinks of this new team: they lived and died by the homerun. Likes the pitching staff. The offense will be more consistent and with more speed. Be able to manufacture runs. Get on base and run.

Outfield defense will be the best in years.

Asked about Carlos being stubborn. Carlos is a great guy, good teammate, a lot of the times when you are not doing good is hard to take it on defense. He will be missed.

Sox fan will like this team.

MJH projecting him for .300 and 30HR.

Will be happy when Rex Grossman gets back.

Carlos was NOT a clubhouse cancer. He would cheer up the place by making fun of guys and they would make fun of him. Clubhouse chemistry is very important. Likes Ozzie, his energy rubs off on people.

Frank Thomas will be ok. The cast is off, right before New Year, he is working around. And is working out in his house. Rowand hooked him up with his physical therapist. Frank will be the surprise of the year. Doesnt know if he will be ready opening day but he will be back! :bandance:

Gosox1917
01-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Interesting things said about Carlos, saying they brought in guys willing to play everyday despite how they were playing. Evidentally Carlos wasn't one of those kinds of players? Seems like that's how Arow is trying to answer the question.

Over By There
01-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Says he was at Frank's house last week - Frank has the cast off and walking around in a boot. Frank will contribute this year, and be "the suprise of the season" because so many people are counting him out. From your mouth to God's ears, ARow!

NonetheLoaiza
01-13-2005, 05:36 PM
A city that is Ga-Ga over the Cubs?? I think I'm going to be sick...

EDIT: obviously said by Harry...

DaleJRFan
01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
intro included talk about ARow being a "Chicago" type player, hardnosed, runs through walls...

Talked about his shot came when Maggs went down, moved into everyday role from being platooned

Talked about the differences of Ozzie and Jerry Manuel - typical response, 180% difference... talked about Ozzie's suspension, his chatter in the dugout... energy on the field rubbing off on the players.

Talked about Crede's off-season workouts and in-house batting cage, how Crede is his closest friend on the Sox, expecting "Big Things" from Crede in '05.

Talked about Maggs and CLee being gone, new offense is faster and will be more consistent... up till this year they were sluggers swinging freely and would win 15-2 or would lose 2-1... 05 team will steal, run out grounders, manufacture runs and not slump waiting for a 3run bomb...

Talked about CLee and rumors of him being a bad teammate.. "Carlos is Carlos" as ARow says. Says Carlos is a good teammate and how he would take offensive slumps with him on defense instead of making up for offensive slumps with solid D. Predicts more excitement for fans, lower scoring games, closer games.. better pitching and D.

Talked about the Bears QB situation.. Can't wait for Rex to come back.

Back to Carlos.. Carlos is NOT a clubhouse cancer. Says team chemistry is overrated. Talked about leadership being more important, having a positive leader is more important than players "meshing" well...

Talked about Big Hurt.. cast just came off, in a boot now... been working out weight training. Working hard with ARow's physical trainer to get back in time for opening day, has something to prove, wants to come back strong.

Talked about Cubs fans being just "baseball fans"... talked about Cliff Politte and fantasy football... Jon Garland winning the league not knowing jack about football....

Commercial Break... I'll let someone else pick it up from here.

Harris=God
01-13-2005, 05:39 PM
talked about Cliff Politte and fantasy football... Jon Garland winning the league not knowing jack about football....

Commercial Break... I'll let someone else pick it up from here.
This best was when the said at least jons winning something.

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Recap of Rowand in studio, Segment 1.

MJH: You've endeared yourself to Sox fans with the way you play.

AR: I love the city and the fans. Enjoys Chicago and would love to finish his career here.

MJH: Comments about Magglio going down last year and Rowand stepping up.

AR: Felt bad for Magglio last year. Was glad to prove that he can play everyday last year. Forced Ozzie's hand so that Ozzie couldn't take him out of the lineup.

MJH: Was transition from Manuel to Ozzie tough?

AR: 180 degree difference from Manuel to Ozzie. You get feedback from the corner of the dugout from Ozzie. Ozzie made it known that everyone has to prove they can play everyday. When Ozzie got suspended, they felt like they had no manager because Harold talks less than Manuel.

MJH: Podsednik looks to be leading off. Rowand batting 2nd.

AR: Doesn't care where he bats. He can bat 9th. *Mac makes a crack about Crede having 9th locked up* Rowand defends Crede saying he built a batting cage and has been working out all offseason and sending tapes to Walker. Crede is Rowand's best friend in the organization. Crede has always hit and Rowand believes he will. Crede doesn't show emotions on the outside but beats himself up on the inside. Rowand thinks Crede will be fine. He'll hit home runs and play gold glove defense at 3rd base. Hopes Crede gets off to a hot start so that he'll continue to hit.

MJH: How will the new talent help the Sox win the division?

AR: The team wasn't broke, but we had so much power that we would pound people one day, but not score the next day. Buehrle would give up 2 runs, but we'd only score 1. Feels the starting 5 are good. Offense will be more consistant with the speed. Speed will be there everyday. The ability to manufacture runs will prevent long slumps. Guys will get on base and run. Outfield defense will be much better.

MJH: Referencing Cowley story on Lee. Was Lee stubborn?

AR: Carlos will be Carlos. Carlos is a good guy and teammate. Sometimes when you're not going good, it changes your defense. Rowand will try to make up for his struggles at the plate by playing better defense. The team will miss Carlos. Pitching and defense will be better, even though team might not score as many runs. Believes the fan will enjoy watching this team.

MJH: How much Japanese did you learn?

AR: Not much. Shingo actually learned some English, though they steered him away from guys who wanted to teach him some not-so-good English words.

MJH: You're a big Bears fan. How did you feel bout Quinn/Krenzel?

AR: Nothing against them, but he wants Grossman back.

MJH: Is Carlos a clubhouse cancer and how much does team chemistry change a team?

AR: Carlos wasn't a cancer. Rowand believes chemistry is underrated. Getting a leader like Ozzie who is full of energy rubs off on people. It may rub off on a few people and make them play harder. Those guys rub off on a few other guys. That is why the Sox changed the team to get guys who have more energy.

MJH: You live in Vegas along with Frank. How is Frank doing?

AR: He's doing okay. Rowand was at his house last week. Frank got his cast off before the new year. He has a boot on. Just got a big new weight room. Rowand hooked Frank up with his physical therapist he worked with after his shoulder. Doesn't know if Frank will be ready Opening Day, but believes he'll have a big year.

MJH: What's it like in Chicago with Cubs fans?

AR: Doesn't bother him much. We have some good fans that come out, and the other 75% of the city is Cubs fans. :o:

MJH and Rowand joke about Jurko going to the Sox clubhouse to talk football and take Rowand's wristbands to give to his kids. Rowand says he and Politte were last in their fantasy football league. They thought they had the best team. Garland won the league even though he doesn't know anything about football.

Good stuff. That was segment 1. Segment 2 coming up next. They'll take calls next. Call up and use your WSI handle! :cool:

DaleJRFan
01-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Good stuff. That was segment 1. Segment 2 coming up next. They'll take calls next. Call up and use your WSI handle! :cool:
I agree... ARow's a good interview, seems to being having a lot of fun.

Rocky Soprano
01-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Whats the phone number?

whitesoxwilkes
01-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Whats the phone number?
312-332-ESPN

Rocky Soprano
01-13-2005, 05:45 PM
312-332-ESPN
Thanks!

MUsoxfan
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
He's a great interview. Reminds me why he's my favorite player

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Recap of Rowand in studio, Segment 2.

Caller #1: What color brick do you want layed to the HOF? Where does Gload fit in? Tell Konerko to lighten up.

AR: Any caller if he makes it to Cooperstown. Gload will be back. He'll get more time. Rowand says they loved Jose and will miss him. Konerko is a different cat. He's an inward guy. He loves being here and knows the fans love him. Rowand thinks Bengie Molina is the only guy slower than Paulie. Rowand talks to Reinsdorf quite a bit. Called him a great guy, a great man. Says he has a great passion for baseball and loves the team. It's great to have an owner who talks to the players, pulls them aside and asks what he can do for them. Called him a generous man. :o: Says they miss Graffanino.

Caller #2: Caller says he has Rowand's watch from Bears-Packers game. Comment about playing football voiding Rowand's contract.

AR: Rowand says not to talk about that on the air. Says he didn't remember losing his watch by the end of the night.

MJH: How will Pierzynski fit in?

AR: Never had problems with AJ. Rowand's talked to AJ and they've had some things before. But the slate is wiped clean now and he's part of the Sox family. Hated playing against AJ, but loves having him on the team. Says AJ is passionate about winning. AJ gave a hip-check to Frank, but now he'll be doing that to other teams. Thinks Sox fans will like him. Belives others on the team will like him.

MJH: Comment on Kushner and Hawk.

AR: Rowand talks to both of them and loves them. Says that if fans really want to hear something, go by the bullpen during a game and listen to Art talk. Loves Hawk because he has done everything from baseball to golf and singing. Rowand can listen to Hawk and his "I'll tell you what" for hours. Hawk has played with everyone. Rowand says he walks around all offseason saying, "He gone!"

Caller #3. Thanks Rowand for coming to Soxfest. Can't wait to see the leather Rowand, Pods, and Dye will throw. Will Rowand be a 30/30 guy?

AR: Rowand hopes he has a shot at 30/30. There were times where he would run for a while and then not run for a while. This season he wants to be more consistant on when he will run.

MJH: Patriots/Colts, who do you like?

AR: Rowand likes the Colts. With Ty Law out, the Colts receivers will be tough to stop.

MJH: How many of MJH are on steroids?

AR: Rowand jokingly says Jurko

MJH: Bring up steroids issue and only 10 day suspension.

AR: Rowand likes the playing field level, but seemed disappointed by only 10-game suspensions. Last year was first year of drug testing and HR numbers went down. Thinks the testing scared some guys because they didn't want to be caught.

MJH: What will Rowand do for MJH during season?

AR: Rowand continues early joke about "hotboxing". Harry kiddingly asks "How old are you?" :o: :D:

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 06:15 PM
He's a great interview. Reminds me why he's my favorite player
He really is a good interview. He's actually one of the few Sox players that provides good interviews.

Lip Man 1
01-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Aaron Rowand says: "Says he (Uncle Jerry) has a great passion for baseball and loves the team. It's great to have an owner who talks to the players, pulls them aside and asks what he can do for them."

Well he can start paying them the market rate instead of losing his good players on a regular basis. That'll do for a start.

Lip

slavko
01-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Let no good deed go unpunished.

Randar68
01-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Aaron Rowand says: "Says he (Uncle Jerry) has a great passion for baseball and loves the team. It's great to have an owner who talks to the players, pulls them aside and asks what he can do for them."

Well he can start paying them the market rate instead of losing his good players on a regular basis. That'll do for a start.

Lip
Right on queue. How original

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 07:06 PM

Lip
HEH HEH .......Why does Uncle Jerry Seem to get along with the "cheaper" players, and have tiffs with the $$$$$$$$ ones?

zach074
01-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Rowand has officially become my favorite White Sox player.:bandance:

pearso66
01-13-2005, 09:25 PM
. Says team chemistry is overrated. Talked about leadership being more important, having a positive leader is more important than players "meshing" well...

You have that point backwards, He said team chemistry is underrated. He said having good people in the clubhouse can push other people to putting up big numbers. But your other stuff was right on

soxwon
01-13-2005, 11:02 PM
rowand was saying him and i think Cotts finnished last in the NFL fantasy pool.

He said Jon Garland won- then one of the announcers joked atleast he WON something, it was pretty funny.

hellenicsoxfan
01-13-2005, 11:13 PM
So is Aaron going to be a regular on MJH? I have to change stations every week when they have a regular segment with Kerry Wood (not Woods as idiot Cub fans call him). They also seem to have Todd Walker on a lot. I may be mistaken, but I can't remember them having any regular segments with any Sox players. Come on guys, you're the Sox flagship - how about some more Sox love.

pearso66
01-14-2005, 12:39 PM
rowand was saying him and i think Cotts finnished last in the NFL fantasy pool.

He said Jon Garland won- then one of the announcers joked atleast he WON something, it was pretty funny.
Him and Politte finished last, and he said they both know football more than anyone on the team, and Garland, who knows nothing of football won

gobears1987
01-14-2005, 09:39 PM

Lip And what good players did we lose this year? Don't say Maggs, I'm glad we lost him. And I loved Carlos, but we are better off with the trade.