PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Aaron on CLTV?

NSSoxFan2
01-13-2005, 12:17 AM
He was on SportsPage. I am really impressed with this guy, he seems very mature. He seems to be just the player the Sox need, knows his role on the team and works his butt off in the weight room and on the field.

Aaron also said he wasn't surprised that Magglio is gone(old story I know). Also, he was surprised for the trade of Caballo b/c he thought he would be traded for pitching. Finally, he says that he never has had a problem against AJ, he said you can't question his will to want to win.

I didn't know how big of a Bears fan ARow is! He says he has been a die hard ever since he was a kid. They showed footage of him on the sidelines of the preseason SF game at Soldier Field, he was dressed in a Bears hoodie and hat. This guy is awesome!

NowBatting19
01-13-2005, 12:49 AM
I didn't see Rowand on SportsPage, but I hope they sign him for the years to come. Maybe it will happen tomorrow!:bandance:

beck72
01-13-2005, 05:47 AM
Arow also said:
*he's working harder than ever this offseason to prove last yr wasn't a fluke.
*that he "absolutely loved playing for Ozzie" last yr
*that it's a big relief coming into ST knowing he's got an everyday spot in the lineup

IMO, ARow seemed more relaxed, confident and comfortable than he has in the past. A little success can go a long way.
Here's to a healthy 2005 for Arow:cheers:

SSN721
01-13-2005, 05:50 AM
Good luck in 2005 ARow. We will need you to repeat that "fluke" season to be successful this year.

Realist
01-13-2005, 06:28 AM
Another great up-beat offseason Sox story. I'm lovin' it. I don't know who was in charge of making the Kool-Aid this year, but my compliments to the chef.

:gulp:

I'm starting to wonder if 87 years (or whatever the hell it is) of futility is starting to make us all a little punchy. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. In fact I'm starting to think that being a lil' punchy is the earmark of a true Sox fan.

veeter
01-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Man I love Rowand. I love when guys prove critics wrong. A lot of times you get out of life what you put into it. Aaron seems to put 110% into his baseball. It shows and he is the poster boy of what Kenny is trying to do. I'll take him over the pretty boy strike out guy on the north side any day. But brace yourselves for all the, "yeah but can he do it again" stuff. Aaron can and he will. I can't wait to see it all summer long.

Tekijawa
01-13-2005, 08:44 AM
I saw him on the news playing wiffle ball in doors with a bunch of kids last night. he hit the ball in the Gap which was about 3 feet in between two 7 year old looking kids and then SPRINTED around the bases... Borchard and southpaw wouldn't let him touch home plate... got to love this guys competitive-ness, if he wants to beat 7 year olds, then watch out twins!

Gosox1917
01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
I saw him on the news playing wiffle ball in doors with a bunch of kids last night. he hit the ball in the Gap which was about 3 feet in between two 7 year old looking kids and then SPRINTED around the bases... Borchard and southpaw wouldn't let him touch home plate... got to love this guys competitive-ness, if he wants to beat 7 year olds, then watch out twins!
Speaking of that wiffle ball game I actually found some stats from that game. Very interesting stuff.

Rowand 3 for 3 HR,2B.
Harris 2 for 2 Sac. bunt, 3B.
Burke 3 for 3 2 2B.
Borchard 0 for 3 2K's.

Ok, just kidding, but I couldn't resist. Jokes aside, it's really great to see some of the players out there and giving kids a memory they'll never forget. We're lucky to have some of the nicest, kindest players in the majors playing for the White Sox.

Flight #24
01-13-2005, 09:46 AM
Speaking of that wiffle ball game I actually found some stats from that game. Very interesting stuff.

Rowand 3 for 3 HR,2B.
Burke 3 for 3 2 2B.
Borchard 0 for 3 2K's.

Ok, just kidding, but I couldn't resist. Jokes aside, it's really great to see some of the players out there and giving kids a memory they'll never forget. We're lucky to have some of the nicest, kindest players in the majors playing for the White Sox.
Any confirmation to the rumor that JoeB was released by the wiffle ball team after the game?

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 10:12 AM
I didn't see Rowand on SportsPage, but I hope they sign him for the years to come. Maybe it will happen tomorrow!:bandance:Speaking of which, just what is Rowand's contract situation? I seem to recall they were trying to sign him long-term, but they were still far apart.

MushMouth
01-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Any confirmation to the rumor that JoeB was released by the wiffle ball team after the game?

:rolling:

Dibbs
01-13-2005, 10:40 AM
That was Aaron??? I thought that was Vanilla Ice!

LVSoxFan
01-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Good thread! I saw Aaron last night on CLTV, too.

He's a very well-spoken, impressive guy. Just hearing him talk about the 2005 Sox got me excited even more. He basically re-iterated that it's a new team, and the kind of team Ozzie/Kenny have been talking about for some time now. Some other highlights:

-Said that the power/slugging Sox of the last three years could be fun to watch, but some games they'd score 12 runs and the next they'd score 1.

-Said that while the slugging was a Sox signature, it "wasn't getting the job done." This team will be all about consistent offense, speed, stealing bases, moving runners and of course good defense. He seemed excited for the fans.

-As far as Pierzinski, he said that despite his rep, he has no problem with him, and he doesn't doubt that guy's desire to win. He said that a character like that you hate when he's on the other team, but when he's on your team you love it.

It was excellent. I cannot wait to see this ballclub, and I'm glad we didn't have to trade guys like him or Konerko to re-make the team.

However, anytime KW wants to kick Borchard to the curb, by all means... I won't stand in your way...

Tekijawa
01-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Speaking of which, just what is Rowand's contract situation? I seem to recall they were trying to sign him long-term, but they were still far apart.
I don't think he's even Arbitration eligible yet...

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't think he's even Arbitration eligible yet...He should be eligible after 2005. But I seem to recall they made him a multi-year offer and he turned it down.

Tekijawa
01-13-2005, 11:15 AM
He should be eligible after 2005. But I seem to recall they made him a multi-year offer and he turned it down.
Then he's locked up through 2008 if we want him

Hangar18
01-13-2005, 11:22 AM
I hope he goes back to Wearing #44

AZChiSoxFan
01-13-2005, 11:23 AM

Rowand 3 for 3 HR,2B.
Burke 3 for 3 2 2B.
Borchard 0 for 3 2K's.

Ok, just kidding, but I couldn't resist. Jokes aside, it's really great to see some of the players out there and giving kids a memory they'll never forget. We're lucky to have some of the nicest, kindest players in the majors playing for the White Sox.:worship: CLASSIC!!!

Steelrod
01-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Roward is amazing! Playing with kids and all. I also see that he's coaching at the Sox Fantasy Camp in Tucson. I guess he wants to hang with Sox fans. GOOD FOR HIM!

Maybe he'll move to Chicago!

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 11:24 AM

Rowand 3 for 3 HR,2B.
Harris 2 for 2 Sac. bunt, 3B, 2 CS.
Burke 3 for 3 2 2B.
Borchard 0 for 3 2K's.

:roflmao:

That's good! You missed something, though. I added it in. :cool:

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Then he's locked up through 2008 if we want himBut you have to deal with the uncertainty of arbitration, which the Sox generally like to avoid. I can't recall the last Sox player to go to arbitration, but it's been a while. I'm sure they'd like to sign him to a contract instead.

mweflen
01-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm sure Aaron is holding out to see his "true" market value before signing an extension. Why sign a multiyear deal after one breakout season, when two good years in a row may essentially double your money? It's a gamble, but a good one.

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm sure Aaron is holding out to see his "true" market value before signing an extension. Why sign a multiyear deal after one breakout season, when two good years in a row may essentially double your money? It's a gamble, but a good one.He just has to watch out for Willie on those shallow fly balls.:o:

Palehose13
01-13-2005, 12:47 PM
I hope he goes back to Wearing #44
I was checking out some of his minor league baseball cards and IIRC, he was wearing #33 in the minors. Maybe that is his "real" number? Does anyone know?

mweflen
01-13-2005, 12:55 PM
He just has to watch out for Willie on those shallow fly balls.:o:
seriously. if wee willie ruins another season because he won't be called off...

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 12:56 PM
I was checking out some of his minor league baseball cards and IIRC, he was wearing #33 in the minors. Maybe that is his "real" number? Does anyone know?Right. David Wells was wearing #33 in Rowand's first year so he switched to #44.

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 12:57 PM
seriously. if wee willie ruins another season because he won't be called off...As I understand it, it was Maggs who failed to call him off.

Centerfield33
01-14-2005, 08:38 AM
Aaron's real number is #33. He wore it in college and in the minors most of the time. Couldn't have it when David Wells was with us, so he ended up with #44. Koch comes into the picture and asks for his #. Aaron gives it up and takes his REAL #33 back...... everybody was happy.

Cellview22
01-14-2005, 09:48 AM
I was kind of surprised Aaron said 75% of the city roots for the Cubs. Do you guys think that's pretty accurate? He would know better than me :o: .

GregoryEtc
01-14-2005, 10:04 AM
AROW? I didn't even see the indians!

(sorry... old joke)

TDog
01-14-2005, 10:58 AM
I was kind of surprised Aaron said 75% of the city roots for the Cubs. Do you guys think that's pretty accurate? He would know better than me :o: .
He could be right. But that would includes the people who know nothing about/don't care about/don't follow/dislike baseball.

There are Cubs fans who passionately follow baseball, but few people who only occasionally care about baseball would identify themselves as White Sox fans.

It's not always pretty, but White Sox baseball is about the baseball.

bafiarocks03
01-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Yea..and when he was talking about the Bears, he said that Willie Harris was a big Falcons fan!! WOOHOO!

Stroker Ace
02-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Don't get CLTV in NY.

Jabroni
02-12-2005, 02:35 AM
Don't get CLTV in NY.Please don't tell us you bumped this old thread up to say that? :kukoo: