PDA

View Full Version : MLB.com All Access

Jjav829
01-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Does anyone have the MLB.com All Access pass? If you don't, stop whatever you are currently doing and go buy it! This thing is great. 3.95 a month and you can watch just about every game from 2004 (and even 2003 games). I'm currently watching the June 1st game in Oakland where Jose hit a solo shot in the 9th to tie the game. You can re-live all the great Sox moments from 2004. It's great for all you people like me who just can't wait for the 2005 season to get under way. It's 60 degrees out, my windows are open, and I'm watching baseball! This feels great. :D:

Believe me, this is well worth the 3.95 a worth. The only downside is that you don't get every game with the Sox feed. But you're able to watch some of the great Sox games of 2004 and hear some of Hawk's great calls of the year. You can even cue up other teams games. Buy it and enjoy! :bandance:

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2005, 08:16 PM
For only $3.95 a month, that is a hell of a deal. I might order it to get through February...

NonetheLoaiza
01-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I got this last year (or something similar to it) because I was in Tempe for school, so only got the games on WGN. It was fantastic to be able to get highlights from the year before and watch the games, rather than rely on the slow Gameday app...

ode to veeck
01-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm currently watching the June 1st game in Oakland where Jose hit a solo shot in the 9th to tie the game.
Didn't the Sox lose that game?! I've got my scorecard for that one here somewhere.

Unregistered
01-13-2005, 07:43 PM
On that note, if you go to:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/multimedia/tp_archive.jsp?c_id=cws
you can watch a ton of the Sox' highlights from throughout the year for free.

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Didn't the Sox lose that game?! I've got my scorecard for that one here somewhere.Yes, they did. I just like watching the Sox dramtic comebacks, especially the ones that have Hawk announcing. :smile:

I watched the Indians game where the Sox trailed by 4 in the 9th, only to score 5 runs and win. That game had Hawk's call which made it even better.

Brian26
01-13-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm currently watching the June 1st game in Oakland where Jose hit a solo shot in the 9th to tie the game. I remember that game. We ended up losing it after that dramatic homer. That's the first time Hawk said...

:hawk

"Jose.....he LOVES the moment!"

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I just bought it, now, the video's won't play. I was just watching some hightlights before I purchased the All Access thing. :angry: And now, when I try to log in, it says "Your account has been logged in too many times, please try later." :angry: :angry:

jlim
01-13-2005, 09:00 PM
I just got all access and was unable to see many sox games last year. Any recommendations for some fun games to watch? Please include the date if you can.

Thanks.

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 09:01 PM
July 24 vs, Tigers- best game I've been to.

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 09:02 PM
I just got all access and was unable to see many sox games last year. Any recommendations for some fun games to watch? Please include the date if you can.

Thanks.What are you looking for in a game? I'm sure we could help you if you let us know what you are looking for. Exciting finishes? Games where the Sox pitcher pitched well? Games where the Sox romped over the opposing team? Throw out what you are looking for.

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 09:14 PM
4/13- opening day route vs. Royals
5/11- vs O's Sox stompede win 15-0
6/26, 6/27 - wins over Cubs
6/8 vs. Phillies - slowpitch softball game, sox win 14-11
7/8- Great comback vs. Angles
7/24 vs. Tigers- best game ever

chisoxmike
01-13-2005, 10:22 PM
Holy Crap! I love this thing. Thanks for the heads up Jjav!

jlim
01-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Thanks for the replies. Im mostly interested in exciting comeback wins and just good games in general. I just finished watching that game against the Tigers where Crede won it with the homer. What a game!

I was at that 14-11 game against the Phillies. That ball was just flying out of the park like crazy that day and was fun to watch.

I think i'm gonna watch the Cubs/Sox games next.
:supernana:

Jjav829
01-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the replies. Im mostly interested in exciting comeback wins and just good games in general. I just finished watching that game against the Tigers where Crede won it with the homer. What a game!

I was at that 14-11 game against the Phillies. That ball was just flying out of the park like crazy that day and was fun to watch.
Some suggestions:

April 14th vs. Royals - Sox blow lead in the top of the 9th, win it in the bottom half
April 15th vs. Royals - Maggs walk-off blast
April 25th vs. Devil Rays - Sox come back in the 9th to win
April 28th vs. Indians - Cardiac Sox stage big comeback in the 9th
May 23rd vs. Twins - Not much drama, but a fun game as Sox cream the Twins
June 15th vs. Marlins - Timo provides the late inning heroics for a thrilling Sox comeback
June 22nd vs. Indians - Jose walks off in style (just don't watch the 5th-6th innings)
July 21st vs Indians - Sox crush Indians as Buehrle flirts with perfection

There are more, but these should get you started. Post if you need more, but you can always just scan through the box scores of close Sox wins. I might have missed a dramatic win or two as the Sox had plenty of them early in the season.

Rocklive99
01-14-2005, 12:34 AM
I dropped my MLB Extra Innings Package with the sat and am thinking of getting the MLB.TV thing, I heard you get a lot more games than Extra Innings including 'over the air' games of teams (which would be WCIU for us) and will probably be more useful with my laptop/wifi so I can catch games on the go, or if I'm at home, I can plug it in to the TV with the SVideo thing. Anyone have MLB.TV last year (I think it's different from All Access)?

Realist
01-14-2005, 06:22 AM
Some suggestions:

April 14th vs. Royals - Sox blow lead in the top of the 9th, win it in the bottom half
April 15th vs. Royals - Maggs walk-off blast
April 25th vs. Devil Rays - Sox come back in the 9th to win
April 28th vs. Indians - Cardiac Sox stage big comeback in the 9th
May 23rd vs. Twins - Not much drama, but a fun game as Sox cream the Twins
June 15th vs. Marlins - Timo provides the late inning heroics for a thrilling Sox comeback
June 22nd vs. Indians - Jose walks off in style (just don't watch the 5th-6th innings)
July 21st vs Indians - Sox crush Indians as Buehrle flirts with perfection

There are more, but these should get you started. Post if you need more, but you can always just scan through the box scores of close Sox wins. I might have missed a dramatic win or two as the Sox had plenty of them early in the season.You bring up a great point. What's lost in the dissapointment that defines the 2004 season is just how much fun the season was for Sox fans until Frank and Maggs went down. There were some great games in there. Remember how we were just spanking the rest of baseball in winning 1 run games and scoring at least 10 runs in a game?

I also remember Loaiza pitching what may have been his best performance in a Sox uniform near the beginning of 2004. I'll see if I can find the exact date of that game. It was an absolute beauty.

EDIT: He had two great starts with the Sox last year.

A 2 hitter against Tampa Bay on Aug. 23rd - 7 innings
A 2 hitter against Texas on May 26th - 8 innings
I'm not sure what game it was, but I remember Loaiza being mind bogglingly good. He just flung the ball up there with the least amount of effort and his placement and movement were a thing of beauty. Whatever game it was, I'm sure both games would worth a revision.

ewokpelts
01-14-2005, 09:17 AM
I dropped my MLB Extra Innings Package with the sat and am thinking of getting the MLB.TV thing, I heard you get a lot more games than Extra Innings including 'over the air' games of teams (which would be WCIU for us) and will probably be more useful with my laptop/wifi so I can catch games on the go, or if I'm at home, I can plug it in to the TV with the SVideo thing. Anyone have MLB.TV last year (I think it's different from All Access)?all access is mlb.tv...

chisoxmike
01-14-2005, 12:49 PM
For a laugh, watch the 7/26 game vs Twins after Hunter plows into Burke, the fans get all over him the rest of the game. I was one of them.:D:

DSpivack
01-14-2005, 03:33 PM
For a laugh, watch the 7/26 game vs Twins after Hunter plows into Burke, the fans get all over him the rest of the game. I was one of them.:D:
Last Sox game I attended, I think.