PDA

View Full Version : In 2005, who will you cheer and who will you jeer?

WhiteSoxFan84
01-12-2005, 04:09 PM
I was thinking about if Randy Johnson pitches against the White Sox at The Cell (August 19-21) and how I would react if I was in attendence. I think I would boo him as loud as I can just because he refused to be traded anywhere but to the Yankees and thus not giving the Sox a chance to acquire him. The offseason shaped out well enough without the acquisition of RJ but nonetheless I'll still be booing him.

There's also other players that will be visiting The Cell that we used to have some love (or feelings) for, including;
Billy Koch and Scott Shoenweis, TOR: August 2-4
Jose Valentin and Kelly Wunsch, LA: June 17-19
Magglio Ordonez, ?: ?-?

Question # 1, how will you, as a White Sox fan, treat these guys?
Question # 2, out of the new guys we acquired this season (Dye, Hermanson, Podsednik, Vizcaino, Pierzynski, and El Duque), who will you be cheering for the loudest?

FightingBillini
01-12-2005, 04:16 PM
If I'm in attendance on opening day, I will lead a standing ovation for Jermaine Dye. He cares about things other than money. Truly a class act. I will cheer for Pods a lot, it will be so fun to watch him play.

As for Johnson, I will boo him like there is no tomorrow. Matt Clement,too. No matter who Maggs ends up with, I will boo him until my voice goes hoarse.

MUsoxfan
01-12-2005, 04:18 PM
I will cheer Koch, Jose and Wunsch loudly. I'm indifferent towards RJ. I will boo Ordonez very loudly.

On our team, Podsednik is already my 2nd favorite player (Rowand) so I can't wait to cheer that guy on.

BigEdWalsh
01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I would boo both Johnson and Maggs loudly. The other ex-Sox you mention, I would cheer. Valentin especially.

CubsfansareDRUNK
01-12-2005, 04:52 PM
i hate johnson..hes a jag. maggs i would boo....anybody on the sox gets my cheers.:bandance:

bhayes520
01-12-2005, 05:05 PM
scott schoenwhiner would get most of my boos, save some for randy and maggs though,

i loved pods last year, and love him even more now, also, i will cheer loudly for dye

JoseCanseco6969
01-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I would cheer. Valentin especially.
anyone think he'll get a standing ovation his first time up??? I'm up for making him feel welcome,and then hopefully he'll strike out:D:

SoxxoS
01-12-2005, 05:13 PM
I am looking forward to the major media blitz on some Sox fans booing Ordonez when he comes to the Cell...that is going to be great times.

santo=dorf
01-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Uhhh, Alan Nero said that Johnson never said he would only accept a trade to the yanks, and USA Today reported that Johnson's agents said he was willing to accept a trade to the Sox.

I will be booing:
Everyone on the Twins, Red Sox, and Cubs lineups, and Bartolo Colon.

idseer
01-12-2005, 05:23 PM
i think the one i jeer most (and i don't really jeer players much) is sosa. not because he's a cub, but because he's who he is.

JoseCanseco6969
01-12-2005, 05:24 PM
I am looking forward to the major media blitz on some Sox fans booing Ordonez when he comes to the Cell...that is going to be great times.
yeah it'll prove how classless we are just like the allstar game 03 when we booed the Cubs players and JM. Typical lowlife Sox fans with no respect

JB98
01-12-2005, 05:29 PM
I will cheer Koch, Jose and Wunsch loudly. I'm indifferent towards RJ. I will boo Ordonez very loudly.

On our team, Podsednik is already my 2nd favorite player (Rowand) so I can't wait to cheer that guy on.

I don't know that I will ever cheer loudly for an opposing player, but I would give polite applause to Koch, Jose and Wunsch. Those three guys weren't always successful in a Sox uniform, but I think they gave us everything they had each day.

Screw Schoeneweis and Maggs.

SoxFan76
01-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Koch and Valentin would get cheers from me.

The plan is that I will be there opening day, however I don't want to get my hopes up in case plans change. However, if I do go, I am looking forward to the reaction the new guys will get.

Mendoza Line
01-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Cheer: Carlos Lee! This guy was an absolute blast to watch play. That circus catch he made against the Tigers late in the season was one the coolest plays I ever saw at the Cell.

Boo: Torii friggin Hunter. Anyone on the Cubs, especially Mork "Just Ducky" Prior. I just cant stand that guy.

eastchicagosoxfan
01-12-2005, 06:49 PM
I'll cheer Valentin, he gave his all every play. He truly loves playing the same. So does Carlos. The rest of them................I could care less about. I'll cheer for all of our new guys, unless one of them goes into the tank.

zach074
01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
I still love Mags and will never boo him, well unless he is a Cubs.

MRKARNO
01-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Jose gets a cheer, Koch I'm mixed on, Schoenweis just gets indifference.

Maggs is going to get booed very very loudly.

jerry myers
01-12-2005, 07:13 PM
i would boo maggs also till my voice went hoarse valentin standing ovation same for lee.

Kogs35
01-12-2005, 07:15 PM
i hate johnson..hes a jag. maggs i would boo....http://re2.mm-a.yimg.com/image/346004763 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=Mr.+Burns/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=19/SS=i/OID=ed22d062c0978dc8/SIG=1g8jdtfek/EXP=1105665238/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dslv1-fp%26p%3DMr.%2BBurns&h=200&w=168&imgcurl=web.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00%2Fimages%2 Fsimpsons%2Fmr_burns.gif&imgurl=web.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00%2Fimages%2F simpsons%2Fmr_burns.gif&size=9.9kB&name=mr_burns.gif&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00 %2Fcharacters.htm&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00% 2Fcharacters.htm&p=Mr.+Burns&type=gif&no=19&tt=3,513)

"are you saying boooooo or bo urns?"

Chisox003
01-12-2005, 07:21 PM
I remember the very 1st game Magglio played in after his injury (before going back on the DL) and he got one of the loudest ovations I've ever witnessed (I was there)...He proceeded to hit an RBI double (I think) and the place just went nuts...Now he's going to get a pretty nice bashing when he returns...Hes a great player and was outstanding for us, but hes going to take a beating...

As for the others, Schoenweis should get it badly, Jose will get a nice (good) ovation, Koch who knows....

The new guys, I would think Podsednik, Dye and AJ are going to get Standing O's (I would hope), as well as El Duque....I also cant wait for Franks first AB and the first time Shingo runs out of the pen and that bell tolls....Good Times

jerry myers
01-12-2005, 07:57 PM
I think we as sox fans should all cheer jose and all stand and jeer maggs thats if maggs is playing anywhere!

jerry myers
01-12-2005, 08:14 PM
I did like maggs very much but he had his chance and he turned us down its hard to respect someone who has little honor we offered him a good deal and he has turned us(the fans) down whom have been by his side. i will boo him. i give lots of respect to our frank thomas now thats a white sox player who is steriod free he should be cheered by all sox fans. any comments on the or i should say our big hurt.

jerry myers
01-12-2005, 08:17 PM
sorry about my typing skills im new but ill get it. until then my hearts in the right place with the sox.

tadscout
01-12-2005, 08:34 PM
sorry about my typing skills im new but ill get it. until then my hearts in the right place with the sox.
:welcome:

Infallible
01-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Lee and Valentine get my cheers, Schoenweiss I could care less about...Koch I'll boo him like there's no tomorrow. That guy was a fake from the get go. I'm still convinced that guy when he got here decided not to throw hard and save his arm for fear of being the next Bobby Thigpen. Mags I will cheer. He played well for us and excluding the ending was a decent all around guy. Of course I'll boo all Cubs players where ever and when ever I possible can.......Hell I boo their fans.

jake27
01-12-2005, 09:12 PM
lee will get cheers (whenever he gets to play the sox). i will also cheer for koch. i really really disliked valentin when he was here so i will be booing with him. with randy johnson, im not gonna boo, not gonna cheer. dye i will cheer the loudest for in terms of the new white sox.

soxfan43
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
How can anyone cheer for billy koch?!?!? he was absolutely terrible. i wont boo anyone too hard because i want to save my voice for booing maggs. i yelled so much last time i was at a cubs sox game, i couldnt really talk for 3 days.

soxfan43
01-12-2005, 09:15 PM
and i forgot, i will always cheer carlos loudly. his GS vs the cubs is still my favorite memory from any sporting even i've been at.

guillen4life13
01-12-2005, 10:49 PM
How can anyone cheer for billy koch?!?!? he was absolutely terrible. i wont boo anyone too hard because i want to save my voice for booing maggs. i yelled so much last time i was at a cubs sox game, i couldnt really talk for 3 days.
I will cheer for Billy. You wanna know why? He never deflected responsibility for his performances, and he seemed like he honestly was trying hard to play well. Something just went wrong (I have a feeling he was on the juice prior to his arrival in Chicago).

Koch was more than a class act, so I see absolutely no reason for booing him, and I see quite enough reason to cheer him. He never made excuses and it seemed quite obvious that he took things very seriously, and when the going was tough, he took it pretty hard.

JUribe1989
01-12-2005, 10:59 PM
I will cheer for Koch, Valentin, CLee as far as former White Sox players go. I will cheer all the new additions including Hermanson, Vizcaino, Pods, Dye, Pierzynski, and El Duque. I am growing out my sideburns as a tribute to Dustin.

I will jeer Torii Hunter and boo him at the top of my lungs. He is the meanest, egotistical, showboat, dirty player in all of the MLB. I hope Pierzynski goes out of his way to knock him down when Torii is coming to the plate to score. I hope he gets in his face while he is hitting also.

SoxFan76
01-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Koch was a good man. I respect him as a person.

Let's do a comparison. Who has had the better year the last few years...Koch or Maggs? Magglio, of course. Who has my respect? Not Maggs, I'll tell you that much.

Koch has my respect, and I cheer character before performance....most of the time.

soxfan43
01-12-2005, 11:23 PM
I will cheer for Billy. You wanna know why? He never deflected responsibility for his performances, and he seemed like he honestly was trying hard to play well. Something just went wrong (I have a feeling he was on the juice prior to his arrival in Chicago).

the fact that he was on the juice(which I don't doubt either, and I'm guessing Beane knew that too) makes it even worse

BigEdWalsh
01-13-2005, 07:24 AM
anyone think he'll get a standing ovation his first time up??? I'm up for making him feel welcome,and then hopefully he'll strike out:D:
PROBABLY he'll strike out.:rolleyes:

wsbaseball9
01-13-2005, 07:49 AM
Putting koch in with a one run lead is like having diareah with one sheet of toliet paper, i will boo him
and i would cheer el caballo if he did come to the cell

our team im gunna cheer for pods and pierzynski and dye and well the entire lineup besides crede

SOXSINCE'70
01-13-2005, 08:04 AM
Throw him a curveball on a 3-2 count.Works every time!!:D: :D:

D. TODD
01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
All new Sox players will get a loud welcome, opposing players I do not worry about. Unless a specific play calls for jeers I will not be booing anyone.

ChiSoxBobette
01-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I was thinking about if Randy Johnson pitches against the White Sox at The Cell (August 19-21) and how I would react if I was in attendence. I think I would boo him as loud as I can just because he refused to be traded anywhere but to the Yankees and thus not giving the Sox a chance to acquire him. The offseason shaped out well enough without the acquisition of RJ but nonetheless I'll still be booing him.

There's also other players that will be visiting The Cell that we used to have some love (or feelings) for, including;
Billy Koch and Scott Shoenweis, TOR: August 2-4
Jose Valentin and Kelly Wunsch, LA: June 17-19
Magglio Ordonez, ?: ?-?

Question # 1, how will you, as a White Sox fan, treat these guys?
Question # 2, out of the new guys we acquired this season (Dye, Hermanson, Podsednik, Vizcaino, Pierzynski, and El Duque), who will you be cheering for the loudest?
Koch,Valentin & Wunsch I'd cheer for none of those three ever whined and always accepted blame if they were at fault for anything. Ordonez on the other hand turned out to be a sniveling little whiner who just can't wait to put on a scrub uni. I will boo loud & hard when that goof steps back out onto the US Cell field.
And as always I will probably cheer for the White Sox players who come through and boo when they make a bonehead play , but I will always be a White Sox fan.

JKryl
01-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I'll lead the cheer for AJ. He may be a butt head, but, by God, he's out butt head now! If Frank stays away, "healing", he'll get my eventual boo. Just because he could have had his surgery 4 or 5 months earlier but waited until it affected the whole team.

mdep524
01-13-2005, 12:04 PM
http://re2.mm-a.yimg.com/image/346004763 (http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062857/K=Mr.+Burns/v=2/SID=e/l=II/R=19/SS=i/OID=ed22d062c0978dc8/SIG=1g8jdtfek/EXP=1105665238/*-http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/search/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.search.yahoo.com%2Fsear ch%2Fimages%3Ffr%3Dslv1-fp%26p%3DMr.%2BBurns&h=200&w=168&imgcurl=web.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00%2Fimages%2 Fsimpsons%2Fmr_burns.gif&imgurl=web.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00%2Fimages%2F simpsons%2Fmr_burns.gif&size=9.9kB&name=mr_burns.gif&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00 %2Fcharacters.htm&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fweb.onetel.net.uk%2F%7Esilver00% 2Fcharacters.htm&p=Mr.+Burns&type=gif&no=19&tt=3,513)

"are you saying boooooo or bo urns?"
http://www.angelfire.com/co3/damoninc/skateboard.jpg
I was saying boo-urns...

mweflen
01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Maggs will get the most venom from me. He's a greedy liar who put one over on all of his fans. Schoney has some good heckling stored up for him - whiners always do. Koch will get polite applause, then raucous applause when he blows saves in our favor for once. Valentin will get polite applause from me in his first at bat, then raucous applause whenever he strikes out thereafter. Wunsch will always get applause for me - nicest ballplayer I ever met. I hope I get to see CLee at the Cell, but who knows when that will happen? It seems like MLB has forgotten what used to be a great regional rivalry completely.

JoseCanseco6969
01-13-2005, 12:19 PM
I remember the very 1st game Magglio played in after his injury (before going back on the DL) and he got one of the loudest ovations I've ever witnessed (I was there)...He proceeded to hit an RBI double (I think) and the place just went nuts...Now he's going to get a pretty nice bashing when he returns...Hes a great player and was outstanding for us, but hes going to take a beating...
Yes i remember that clearly. I took two friends of mine to that game that know nothing about baseball, and I had them doing the ooo-eee-ooo chants and everything. They had a blast and came to 3 or 4 more games with me afterwards. I feel horrible and responsible that now that they follow baseball somewhat, the first guy they liked is a total jag and not even with the Sox anymore.
If he plays for an AL team, I will surely be there for every game to boo my A$$ off!:D:

WhiteSoxFan84
01-13-2005, 01:43 PM
Can you guys imagine this;

Magglio signs with the Cubs. Comes to The Cell in June. Crowd is 70% Sox Fans and somehow 30% of the crowd is spineless Cub fans. Magglio comes up, HUGE mixed ovation, mainly jeers mixed in with some cheers. If he strikes out, oh wow, Sox fans are going to go NUTS. But if he gets a hit or even a home run, how annoying will those Cub drones be?