PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie on the score @ 5pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twinsuck1
01-12-2005, 04:54 PM
The Score will have Ozzie as a guest today at 5pm. Looking forward to this! :smile:

DumpJerry
01-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Internet link to listen on the computer?

MUsoxfan
01-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Internet link to listen on the computer?
I believe the Score is still behind the times and doesn't have an internet feed.

:ass

I think someone needed a raise more than improving the station

DumpJerry
01-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I believe the Score is still behind the times and doesn't have an internet feed.

:ass

I think someone needed a raise more than improving the stationFigures.:angry:

Tekijawa
01-12-2005, 05:25 PM
I don't think that their parent company allows internet feeds of any of their radio stations...

And will there be a translator availble for those of us who speak English?

SoxxoS
01-12-2005, 05:30 PM
I don't think that their parent company allows internet feeds of any of their radio stations...

And will there be a translator availble for those of us who speak English?Or speak Ozzie?

:ozzie

"Let me tell you someting...I lub dee radio!"

JGarlandrules20
01-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Or speak Ozzie?
"Let me tell you someting...I lub dee radio!"No..it's "I'll tell you what.."

Jeez, and you call yourself a sox fan. :tongue:

jabrch
01-12-2005, 05:55 PM
No..it's "I'll tell you what.."

No - it's I telljuwha....

You have get the accent right when you type it.

chisoxmike
01-12-2005, 06:05 PM
:ozzie:
"I tell you what..."

Palehose13
01-12-2005, 06:07 PM
I just tuned in. Did I miss him?

FightingBillini
01-12-2005, 06:09 PM
No

BRDSR
01-12-2005, 06:10 PM
No man, he's still coming up...currently talking my own personal sleeping pill...the NBA!

SoxxoS
01-12-2005, 06:12 PM
No..it's "I'll tell you what.."

He's been known to use "let me tell you someding" on occasion. :smile:

PorkChopExpress
01-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Is it going to happen? Did I somehow miss it?

Jjav829
01-12-2005, 06:35 PM
So it hasn't happened yet? Based on this thread, it sounds like he wasn't on at 5. The 5:20 segment is either Zach Zaidman talking about the Bears, or else Ozzie's English has gotten a lot better.

Jjav829
01-12-2005, 06:43 PM
He's on right now. Tune in if you can.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Ozzie's on. :cool: I wish the score would get an online feed already. It sorta sucks trying to listen to the radio when it's next to your PC. :smile:

Palehose13
01-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Ugh...I haven't heard him forever. I have to remember how to translate "Ozzie-talk" in my mind.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Ozzie has talked to frank and doesn't think he's going to be back for opening day. He's unsure on who'll be the lead off guy, Scotty Po or Willie Harris. He believes that this year's team will be more consistent at scoring runs on a day to day basis, unlike last year's team that would have a huge offensive game and then was able to score 1 run for the next 3 games.

Magglios_Girl
01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
LMAO!

"I could hear Venezuela when I'm talking to Ozzie"

What the hell...:tongue: ?

Jjav829
01-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Recap:

Q: What do you think about the changes to Sox lineup?

A: We'll be a different team. Fans will like the team we have. This team will have a good chance to win the division. We'll be more consistant, have better speed and pitching.

Q: Comment on the Sox finally having a 5th pitcher.

A: Ozzie responds about how its nice to have a 5th pitcher and have 5 quality starters.

Q: If Opening Day was today, who would leadoff?

A: Ozzie doesn't know yet because we face a lefty on Opening Day. But as of now, Podsednik is the leadoff hitter.

Q: What do you feel about Magglio leaving, his future?

A: Maggs has right to say what he wants. Ozzie and the Sox treated Magglio how he should be treated. The Sox tried to sign him 3 different times. Sox have to move on. Magglio is a great player and did a lot for the organization and city. But Dye will be real good for us. Ozzie responds to a followup confirming that the Sox tried to offer 3 times, but he doesn't know about the money. But the Sox did offer him a contract 3 times.

Q: Sox had trouble keeping pitchers on and Pierzynski had trouble throwing them out. What will be done?

A: Bases are stolen off the pitchers, not the catcher. We have a good staff and they will try to hold runners.

Q: Status of Frank

A: Probably not ready for Opening Day. Ozzie just talked to him, but doesn't know when he'll be ready.

Q: Comment on Soxfest coming up.

A: Ozzie emphasizes that the Sox will be a different team with a different attitude. The team will be exciting and play consistant baseball.

Q: Will Sox lineup score enough runs with this lineup?

A: Last year we'd score 30 runs one day, and not score another run for 3 days. We outslugged people last year, but this year we'll play the game the right way.

Q: How many days until Spring Training?

A: February 16th. Ozzie just got back from Venezuela, but had to leave for Soxfest.

Nothing earth-shattering. I think I got everything significant that he said, but with Ozzie, it's tough sometimes.

Mickster
01-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Said that he knew at the end of last year that he wanted to change the attitude of the team. CLee???

Lip Man 1
01-12-2005, 07:25 PM
The comments on Frank's status were significant in my opinion. So now when is he ready? May? June? or ever?

Lip

johnny_mostil
01-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Recap:

A: Last year we'd score 30 runs one day, and not score another run for 3 days. We outslugged people last year, but this year we'll play the game the right way.

Too bad it's not true. Too bad the White Sox were no different than anyone else.

Nick@Nite
01-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Jjav829, thanks for the recap! :cool:

:)

Foulke You
01-12-2005, 10:40 PM
The comments on Frank's status were significant in my opinion. So now when is he ready? May? June? or ever?

Lip
I was wondering the same thing. What I don't understand is, why is Ozzie the only one who keeps saying Frank won't be ready when Kenny Williams and Herm Schneider are quoted as saying he'll be ready for Opening Day? Does Ozzie keep more in contact with Frank than the rest of the team including the trainer?:?:

JUribe1989
01-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I was wondering the same thing. What I don't understand is, why is Ozzie the only one who keeps saying Frank won't be ready when Kenny Williams and Herm Schneider are quoted as saying he'll be ready for Opening Day? Does Ozzie keep more in contact with Frank than the rest of the team including the trainer?:?:
I would take Herm Schneider's word over Ozzie's anyday. I would take Herm Schneider's word over anybody. I bet they will keep Frank out when it is cold and bring him back in May.

bhayes520
01-12-2005, 11:09 PM
im starting to get the feeling that frank could be done, what do we think about that???

i cant imagine getting rid of c-lee if they new frank wouldn't be back, so i guess it seems unlikely, but you never know....

Maximo
01-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I would take Herm Schneider's word over Ozzie's anyday. I would take Herm Schneider's word over anybody. I bet they will keep Frank out when it is cold and bring him back in May.
I would take Herm Schneider's word over Ozzie's anyday, too....mostly because I could understand it.

JB98
01-12-2005, 11:25 PM
I would take Herm Schneider's word over Ozzie's anyday, too....mostly because I could understand it.

Has Herm commented recently? If so, what did he say? I know the Chicago papers don't actually cover our team, so I haven't read a Frank update in months.

awesomefan
01-12-2005, 11:51 PM
jJav.....Thanks for the update too. I don't get good radio reception & reallly only listen to "coast to coast" with George Noorie & Art Bell on a regular basis.

I'm worried about Frank Thomas too. Hopefully we can get him some kind of really good foot supports for that big frame of his.

Mickster
01-13-2005, 10:28 AM

Lip
Let's blame those damn Sox doctors!!!

JKryl
01-13-2005, 01:25 PM
im starting to get the feeling that frank could be done, what do we think about that???

i cant imagine getting rid of c-lee if they new frank wouldn't be back, so i guess it seems unlikely, but you never know....
Maybe they should ask for his medical records.

JKryl
01-13-2005, 01:28 PM
jJav.....Thanks for the update too. I don't get good radio reception & reallly only listen to "coast to coast" with George Noorie & Art Bell on a regular basis.

I'm worried about Frank Thomas too. Hopefully we can get him some kind of really good foot supports for that big frame of his. If you listen to George Noorie & Art Bell regularly, may you should just ask your crystal ball! :)

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 02:10 PM
If you listen to George Noorie & Art Bell regularly, may you should just ask your crystal ball! :)I'm sure the Teal Police will be along momentarily, but they've been a bit overworked lately. So in the meantime:

This is teal

This is deep pink

All other colors are unacceptable.

idseer
01-13-2005, 02:16 PM
I'm sure the Teal Police will be along momentarily, but they've been a bit overworked lately. So in the meantime:

This is teal

This is deep pink

i'm still amazed at how slow some people are to grasp this simple concept.

OEO Magglio
01-13-2005, 02:19 PM

Lip
Ozzie has been saying that for a while now, it's really all ozz's opinion on that matter I think.

Kogs35
01-13-2005, 02:20 PM
Maybe they should ask for his medical records.
i know this is late but:tealpolice:

Ol' No. 2
01-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Ozzie has been saying that for a while now, it's really all ozz's opinion on that matter I think.My opinion is that they genuinely don't know. They're just guessing. There's no way to predict how fast he will heal. I would treat any statements at this point as almost worthless.

Flight #24
01-13-2005, 02:32 PM
i'm still amazed at how slow some people are to grasp this simple concept.
It's not even a concept, it's "reading". If you mouseover the color, it's name pops right up and you can check before selecting it.

Isn't technology amazing!

gosox41
01-13-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm sure the Teal Police will be along momentarily, but they've been a bit overworked lately. So in the meantime:

This is teal

This is deep pink

Which one's teal?

:D:

Bob